Why Doesnt Looperman Give Back To The Community

Posts 1 - 25 of 85
  1. 510808
    spunkywacko : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

I've seen countless people devote endless amount of time to upload tracks and loops on this site, yet I've never seen looperman give anything back to the community.

I'm sure this site is generating advertising revenue, and it seems a bit unfair in my oppinoun.

What do you think guys?

2. 230280
    Xtaticauk : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

does looperman giving web space and storage, free membership, access to countless free pellas and tracks not count dude?

Just wanted to dowse the flames dude before they start :)

3. 510808

It does to some extent but not really in my opinion. Would you be happy with your music being played on a radio station aimed predominately at music 'samplers'.

I can understand that your provided a free area to host your stuff, but theres so much music on here already that surely it'd be awesome if the looperman 'community' can be given back to. Be it competition or prizes or whatever.

4. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

iTunes, CD Baby, Amazon, Bandcamp etc.....is the answer to your question....

In my opinion Looperman doesn't need to pay or give away prizes to it's users...and if it ever will you can be sure that membership shall be on a paid basis as well.

5. 510808

How is Itune etc an answer to my question? What exactly do you mean, I'm not too sure as to what you relating to?

If your saying they are an answer to 'generate' revenue for one selves, that wasn't really my question lol.

6. 143351
    TheTazZ : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

How about the amount of time and work it takes to run a site this size?
    Are you even sure the ads pay enough to cover the cost of running it?
    What is it exactly you want him to do?

7. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

So what exactly do you expect from the Loop?

I mean you came up with the question but didn't offer a possible solution...

8. 268784
    3n0 : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

noone is forcing u to upload loops here soooo...

if u upload hq loops like minor2go u can ask looperman for something in return

9. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

I'm sensing some sort of congenital defect here,are you serious?..or just pulling our chain...the guy has created arguably the best musical resource site on the web and you ask why Looperman doesn't give back to the community!...I'll say this fella you have a very apt name..I don't want to start insulting you but your doing that very exact thing to everyone reading this thread......my advice,stop taking whatever your on and get a strong dose of reality into your system....without doubt the most ill conceived post I've ever read on Looperman.

10. 308224
    theHumps : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

I think the info and knowledge gained about mixing, mastering, looping, recording, engineering is priceless. I have hooked up with production companies because of the loop. My music is used in radio shows, in audio plays, outdoor adventure videos. All of this was because of my free account. I did not go looking for these production companies, radio personalities and video companies, they found me here and I am grateful for the opportunities that have presented themselves.

Also, I have collaborated with people all over the world, what a learning experience. I have made some good friends here. I dont believe the loop owes me any more than the exposure it gives me, access to free loops and tracks and great forums explaining the recording process. Remember, Shan is a one man show, he runs this place by himself. He also runs his website company and has a life outside this site as well. He works hard getting this place the way it is.

The loop is free, opportunities arise, take advantage of what this place has to offer. I think what is offered to you for free is more than you think.

11. 510808

I'm just being honest Planetjazzbass...

"How about the amount of time and work it takes to run a site this size?
    Are you even sure the ads pay enough to cover the cost of running it?" I'm not saying definitely yes, but I'd assume so yes.

This doesn't even just apply to looperman itself, there are countless other sites I could mention. Specially forums where members donate a large portion of the time/knowledge to help others.

12. 512025
    CyberSon : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

WTF man!!!!

I did say the other day I would post in the forum other than relating to peoples tracks. This type of thread is exactly why I felt compelled to start share this post https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/178128/quit-knocking-the-looperman-site

I'm totally backing what PlanetJazzBass said!

(Leaves room swearing and shaking head in utter bewilderment)

13. 744420
    SlopeCreations : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

Hi Spunkywacko

I understand where you're coming from, but Looperman doesnt (directly) earn money on the material that's uploaded here as far as I can imagine.

Everyone that participates here, does that on a voluntary basis. And even people that dont upload stuff, can profit from endless possibilities. Totally free of charge.

If Shan does earn a buck on the ads...great! Always good if a hobby doesn't only cost money. I would say there's no point looking for a LOSS/PROFIT idea here, cause there surely is cost (server, space, whatever)...and there's the time he puts in too. Can something like that be put into a financial picture? No , never. And if even so....wouldn't the fact that heaps of people are being served count? I would say so!

But, competitions or other "themed" events to trigger a common playground are always welcome. Sure this is a common playground already, but based on your own initiative.

Wait...about earning money. What happens when I click on the ad to the right? :)

14. 512025
    CyberSon : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

That should read "wouldn't" post in the forum......

15. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

Look here's the thing....your missing,or are not aware of something that is the main benefit of being a member of Looperman,it's not something you can hold in your hands,it's not something you can put a price on it's too ephemeral for that....it's called growth,expanding your horizons...hell,the place made me do an about face with my attitude towards Hip Hop,something I never would have tolerated let alone appreciated before I became a member here.....you just have no idea what Looperman has achieved here,I don't want to sound patronising but I feel sorry for you...I've just had a look at your profile,you have contributed zilch to this site..no loops,no acapellas,no tracks....President Kennedy summed it up best..now that's honesty.

16. 302625
    Unknown User : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

Knowledge and contacts are priceless. That's what you get here. You shouldn't view Looperman as an ends to something, it's just a tool, just like that VST you use.

17. 672638
    supersymmetry : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

*The reason why my answer and time is POSITIVE... Showing support and reimbursement to Mr. Looperman*

Many musicians and artists are always looking for a platform to contribute their skills, talents, and abilities in a non commercial, NON CORPORATE, more personnel and hobby oriented fashion. This platform is an opportunity for artists to do that, in addition, to make new and long term friends and colleges on a more personal level unlike platforms such as Soundcloud where most of the time it's just a game of "you scratch my back I'll scratch yours."

Here, you have an opportunity to exploit and collaborate with artists you know will genuinely appreciate your efforts and contributions. I think it's Mr. Looperman that deserves a little support from the users he is giving A LOT just by keeping this domain available.

Peace and Love
    Brian

18. 510808

Planetjazz: I actually took down all my loops/tracks today a few minutes ago due to the long break looperman few months ago or so,(personal reason I guess). Aswell as the reason that most of my stuff wasn't really that good and didn't want it to be 'public' anymore.

It seems everyone is saying that theres no need to have anything 'given back' as looperman is of such benefit to them already. Well great I guess.

I'm a become a semi freelance web developer and started running one or two 'sites' of my own. Most of them seem to be generating the most traffic and revenue due to a small amount of members who contribute significantly.

I'm coming from ^ that perspective of things.

19. 731285
    djkillapaul : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

This site is free to use for members which, in itself, is a bonus for people like me who take music and its limitless supply of ideas as a pleasure (and sometimes pain) to behold. For this site to operate, the man at Looperman has to subsidise it for the likes of people like me to use and contribute and also to guide where necessary. When I joined this site, I read the rules and realised everything about them were fair, knowing that if I did not concur with anything I would not join up. The main attraction was that it was free for me to use and there were some pretty cool members dishing out all sorts of helpful stuff.

Mate, Looperman does exactly what it says on the tin, and nowhere does it stipulate any sort of payback for its members. It is a platform for members who want something back in the way of recognition of how good a particular track is or acapella and so on or it is a site whose members are willing to help.

The trouble with this materialistic world is there is always someone who will try and find something for personal gain and if that means knocking down a site like this, FREE, then what the hell are you a member for.

20. 510808

I'm not knocking down looperman. I honestly think it's a great site. Your missing my point.

21. 286966
    ShowGunProductions : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

Spunky, I don't think this is the site for you. The fact that 1, yes one, uno, ich, eins, un, person does ALL of the work on this site is thanks enough to most of us. The ad revenue goes right back into the site. We are here to learn from each other and listen to and critique each others music. I gotta say, I think you are a bit out of line my friend. Perhaps you need to spend more time on your own sites.

22. 510808

Showgun: So your perfectly ok if revanue is generated by someone else from content you created? I'm assuming yes as it' a win win situation for you.

GREAT then that is all I was asking/trying to discuss. I'm not even mocking this or saying it's wrong in any way.

I'm out of line? No I was looking at what others think of it. So far everyone seems to be knocking me down. Well sorry for having a honest opinion that I voiced.

23. 636839
    simmerdown : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

i want a free Lman t-shirt in exchange for the loops i've downloaded and the the help info i've gained

24. 510808

Let me turn the tables for you simmerdown. I don't think it will contribute much to this conversation but neither have the bandwagon-on-jumpers...

I want a free Lman t-shirt in exchange for the loops I've uploaded and the the help info I've shared.

25. 375728
    Cybertooth : Fri 22nd Jun 2012 : 9 years ago

aight, so... i want to bridge some gaps between people before it becomes black and white wars
    i believe that this is not intended as a "hey whats that crazy loopmasta doing, he aint doin nuttin"
    but more of a "hey, looperman. you got a great site going here! why not join in on the fun?"

so no, he's not a troll... or a hater... or whatever...

but then we look under the hood
    I for example contribute less in themusic and loops department than the forums, giving tips and pointers and perspective (as many people here do)
    this shows up less on my profile (and unless we reinstituted that system, previously meant less points than average to show for it)
    but does that mean im contributing any less?

that goes for both parties

just because spunkywacko doesnt have any loops or tracks put up doesnt mean he has not contributed or has nothing to contribute

just because looperman does not generally partake in the posting and commenting on tracks does not mean he is not participating, i believe that only Alividlife, Eshar and past Mods have him beat (and im probably not far behind, i was about 8 on number of forum posts last i checked)
    not mentioning that looperman (aka Shan) is the only one changing things and running the site as well as determining which loops get posted (which i have btw suggested multiple times that there be special mods for this duty as well)

i for one do applaud the thought at the very least, shan does seem to be a bit more of an enforcer than a human at times: no offense intended, thats just the effect of text. not to mention that 99% of the posts i see by him are enforcing rules or blog posts to the general public and not one on one posts (charisma in psychology thing i think)
    which is what i think our friend spunky is trying to point out by saying. "hey dude, your awesome! lets be friends"

however, once again on the other side. whole site. one guy. we understand if this gets in the way. it is not a requirement considering that this site is such a blessing already.

i hope this keeps this from becoming stark opinions
    and no torchfests eh?

Posts 1 - 25 of 85

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.