Acapellas - We Only Need The Dry Version

Posts 1 - 15 of 15
  1. 1
    Looperman : Thu 7th Jun 2012 : 7 years ago

Just a quick note to those uploading acapellas.

I noticed today a trend in uploading two copies of an acapella. One with effects and one without.

We only need the dry (without effects) versions of your acapellas.

Anyone who wants to add effects can add them to the dry version but cant remove them from the wet version.

Uploading 2 copies just takes up server space.

When I get a moment Ill go through the acapellas and merge the comments / stats etc for the wet versions into the dry versions.

For future reference though just upload the dry version.

2. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Thu 7th Jun 2012 : 7 years ago

+1 !

Don't be shy folks! We've heard worse!

3. 548226
    Alexanderandme : Thu 7th Jun 2012 : 7 years ago

I just upload the wet version, I feel better knowing my track wasn't mixed on a potato. ;)

4. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Thu 7th Jun 2012 : 7 years ago

That's so not good Alexander! If I need to add a different reverb because my drums ambiance asks for it what am I do to if you've used a plate and I want a room reverb? Lol!

5. 1

apart from the duplication by uploading both this is the whole point of keeping things minimal to make them more useful to others.

The same applies to loops and it why I say you should not upload sounds that have other sounds in with them.

The idea of loops and acapellas are that they can be used by as many people as possible. Adding fx or mixing sounds narrows your potential user base dramatically.

6. 731285
    djkillapaul : Thu 7th Jun 2012 : 7 years ago

I presume most of us here are using daws with reverb and delay tools so yeah, good idea to keep acapellas dry.

7. 636839
    simmerdown : Thu 7th Jun 2012 : 7 years ago

srry to all whom i suggested put both, thought the server was pretty much infinite......

8. 220648
    BONEZ : Thu 7th Jun 2012 : 7 years ago

i dont see i problem with that!!think i got a couple that i sauced up before i uploaded to the loop.soon as i get a change ill remove an reupload the dry version!!
    pc!!
    def will keep the up in coming producers working a lil harder on there mixes...
    get to work!!lol!!

9. 1

my main point was dont upload 2 versions

10. 596459
    BerniZeBest : Thu 7th Jun 2012 : 7 years ago

Good sugestion Mr Looperman! Thx.

11. 633575
    Lodderup : Thu 14th Jun 2012 : 7 years ago

Nice point.
    I learned from my first mistake :-)

12. 230280
    Xtaticauk : Thu 21st Jun 2012 : 6 years ago

Sometimes its really good to get the dry version as some of the FX just wont fit into normal octave range - many projects have had to be shelved for flange settings and reverb settings - so I think this is a positive move forward as well as a server space resolution for you here dude.

13. 782612
    40A : Thu 21st Jun 2012 : 6 years ago

"the whole point of keeping things MINIMAL to make them more USEFUL to others."

Why is Auto-Tune exempt from this ideology? Soft FX like reverb, delay, feed, flange etc. pale in comparison to the complete audio destruction/augmentation that is Auto-Tune.

Not only is it completely unusable, offers absolutely no room for modification, but it's ENCOURAGED...it has it's own damn criteria for crying out loud. I don't get it.

:(

14. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 21st Jun 2012 : 6 years ago

Well I guess because at one stage autotune became more than just an occasional effect and developed into a fixture of modern music(I don't care for it myself)lots of people use it..I can't see the problem,different strokes for different folks,the Loop pool is catering for what the majority of people want and can use....it's just an over used effect that immediately stamps the singer as not being able to cut it vocally (unassisted) in my eyes,but it's no big deal.

15. 286783
    BadKonexion : Thu 21st Jun 2012 : 6 years ago

Good point. So annoying finding a pella that would work so well in your track but you ant use it cos it's verbed to the teeth, can't edit it cos it's got a delay on it. A potentially useful pella becomes useless and you settle for something else

Posts 1 - 15 of 15

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads