Learn How A Commercial House Track Is Constructed

Posts 1 - 6 of 6
  1. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Thu 17th May 2012 : 10 years ago

I came across a remix comp for what's gonna be a huge hit on our radio's and in our club's this summer.

Calvin Harris ft Ne-Yo - Let's Go

If you've ever wondered how to make commercial sounding house right down to the very core, this is a fantastic opportunity to study exactly what elements go where.

I've downloaded the parts which expands up to 2Gb and it even includes the Ableton project info.. (Although I haven't checked to see what the file actually does yet)

If you're interested in nabbing the parts here's the link:

http://play.beatport.com/

If you're a fan of producing house, you'd - quite frankly - be stupid not to learn how the pro's do it.

2. 666289
    FreeRadical : Thu 17th May 2012 : 10 years ago

Gutted! i missed the orbital remix parts! That would have been more up my street.
    Good find here though. Cheers for that!

3. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Thu 17th May 2012 : 10 years ago

no worries man :)

4. 600461
    visionarysoundsystem : Thu 17th May 2012 : 10 years ago

Yeah Free I was the same. Ah man Wonky by The O. What a chance.
    Wonki my friend you should do very well in this competition as you have a huge talent in the sound that is being offered by the Calvin Harris track. I really hope you get somewhere with it as your skills deserve recognition.

5. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Fri 18th May 2012 : 10 years ago

Thanks, but I won't be entering :)

Anything I come up with would be the exact same genre and they're probably looking for something wayyyy different to the original.

Dubstep most likely.. or maybe trance or an acoustic version.

I got the parts for educational purposes - but I may post a remix a month or two down the line :)

6. 316780
    Apieceoftofu : Fri 18th May 2012 : 10 years ago

Hey funny I checked out your thread because I just submitted my entry to the comp and uploaded it here as well. I had hoped you would give it a go so we could double the chances of someone from Looperman winning haha. Anyways my remix is pretty much electro/prog as well (not a big step away from the original genre) but im still keeping my fingers crossed.

Heres the link if you wanna check it out.

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/126376

Posts 1 - 6 of 6

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.