Where Does Reason 5 Save User Made Samples

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 316780
    Apieceoftofu : Mon 23rd Apr 2012 : 10 years ago

Hey all, newbie to Reason here. I used the NN Nano Sampler to sample something from my track. I then altered this sample using the NN Nano "edit sample" function and it was saved somewhere on my hard drive. I can view this file through the Nano's file browser but it doesnt give the file path for where it saved the sample. I need to get this saved sample file and put it into another program to timestretch it. Does anyone know the file path for where Reason user-made samples are saved or at least how to access those saved samples outside of Reason? Thanks.

P.S. In the Nano's file browser it says the containing folder is called All Self-contained Samples

2. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Mon 23rd Apr 2012 : 10 years ago

What version of Reason do you have, 5 or 6. And what OS do you have? Windows XP, Vista or 7.

Also Reason has a Mac version are using that one.

Please answer these so we can better help you.

3. 1
    Looperman : Mon 23rd Apr 2012 : 10 years ago

By the way, you may have noticed I changed the title of this thread. A better title is going to give you more chance or getting an answer.

Remember just as many people come here through search engines that index these threads and so a good title can not only get you noticed using the forum search but also in any external searches

4. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Mon 23rd Apr 2012 : 10 years ago

Here is a general approach. Assuming you mean samples sound and not loop samples.

The Self-Contained-Folder is necessary to avoid the "File is Missing" type messages when let's say sharing or collaborating with other Reason 5 producers or also for archival purposes. It will also increase the size of your Reason 5 song file.

First, hopefully you save everything to a RNS file. As I understand it the Self-Contained-Folder of SCF keeps things together about your song including, refils, patches, settings, effects, samples, user samples and so on.

To get your samples, bring up the "Tool Window" under the "Window" dropdown in Reason 5. Click on the "Song Samples" Tab. Locate your samples in this window. You can select more one sample at a time by holding down the "Ctrl" key on your PC/Laptop.

Select the "Export" button and make careful notice where you are sending them. For now, select your "My Documents" folder. Save them there for now and you are done!

If it is a loop samples you created then from the "File" menu dropdown select "Export Loop as Audio File" and specify the appropriate audio settings then save it to your 'My Documents" folder or one of your choosing.

I consider myself as an intermediate Reason 5 user/producer

5. 316780
    Apieceoftofu : Mon 23rd Apr 2012 : 10 years ago

Ahhh perfect. Exactly what i needed to know. I forgot about the tool window and hadn't yet fully explored it. Its quite useful though. Thanks alot dude!

Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.