It seems that some users are having issues with their IP being blocked for no reason.
The issue should now be resolved.

New Feature - Request A Collab

Posts 1 - 21 of 21
  1. 1
    Looperman : Sat 21st Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

Ive just added a setting to the tracks edit / upload page where you can let people know that you are looking for people to work with you on your track.

Ill update the tracks search in a moment so its easier to find people who are looking for help with their tracks.

Let me know if you have any ideas on how this could work better.

2. 585633
    topvega : Sat 21st Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

Sounds cool...thanks.

3. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Sat 21st Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

Now this is getting interesting. I'm thinking however that maybe we should have a new section on top of the page (a new tab like the Home, Loops&Samples;) a tab like Collabs or Open Collabs.

I'm thinking of that section as a list of threads where the member uploads the track to his profile and starts a thread in that section of the site posting the link to his song. The thread can then also be closed once the collab is finished. It will keep the forums cleaner and probably bring a lot of users if that is sorted out. It will also make it easier for the artist to discuss anything related to the collab in that thread.

4. 631823

I realize that's a whole lot of coding that will need to be done but I'm seeing it as the best alternative and an alternative that will keep the forums area cleaner as everybody that's seeking a collab will head there and go through the threads.

5. 1

good ideas, for now its just part of the tracks search as that was the simple / lets make it happen approach

Give it a whirl and switch a few tracks on and off.

The search area has this option added now

6. 1

the idea does have legs though and could be a great resource. That along with the remix packs. To move that our of the forums and into its own Collab / Remix section would be a nice new feature

7. 631823

So you're open for collabs ehh.... Lol

8. 631823

The feature works fine! I can see a lot of members coming in to update that status.

9. 1

Not any more, only you in there now :-)

Lets see what the reaction is.

I do think it would be worth putting a new section together though as it would give us another dynamic. It does exist already but only in the forums at the moment.

10. 631823

Not any more either! HAHA!

I agree the dynamic would be different and from my point of view it would attract a lot of users as it's a feature that every producer desires to have. I believe however that we should still limit the thread open/user to 1 so that we avoid getting 20 threads from the same user. It will also encourage them to finish that track instead of jumping to another one.

11. 1

Yeh, its all about working out the logic of how it would best work.

Maybe a maximum of 5 active collab requests at any one time as Im sure there are people with more then one thing on the go at the same time.

Keep the ideas flowing

12. 159051
    MINOR2GO : Sat 21st Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

Good idea Shan. Thanks.
    Works perfect here.

13. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sat 21st Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

Great thinking! This should be fun!

14. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Sat 21st Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

Oh, I am on the fence with this one just a bit, sorry. In principal what was suggested seems very workable with very little difficulty. But it just doesn't appear to have a collaborative approach and feel in my view which isn't necessarily wrong by no stretch of the imagination.

Because I am a product of the old school approach, what it sounds like here is you have a track where the tempo, elements, bpm's, drums and so on has been predetermined by one of the producer/musician in the collab. With an already pre-mixed demo track, the other party must try squeeze in or retro fit his idea into the production which can be done without any problems.

I just prefer that both parties make the decisions before the first note is played and share ideas from the word go every step of the way until the completion of the track. So what model is better than the other you might ask? Well it all depends how you approach a collab and what works best for you. There's really no wrong way.

In your approach for me it will be like, oh yeah I heard that song already and even after the collab-ed version is done and also released. Your idea will work for some I am sure. I just prefer my collabs that are in the works are not heard by anyone except by the parties involved until its official release. Your idea most certainly adds a new approach at allowing people to see what you are about.

I am not saying it should not be done. You asked for reaction Shan. I might use it, but it would not be my first option.

15. 1

Mr F, The only thing that has been done so far is allowing you to state a track is open to suggestion and that the artist is looking for people to work on it.

A broader collabs section could be anything as its only in the idea stage at the moment.

16. 631823

@Mr Funktastic - I believe the producer/artist/mc/singer can post just as much as he'd like to showcase for that matter. It could be a preview mix, a chorus vocal arrangement, a guitar or bass lick that you've got laying around and can't take it anywhere. By posting the track(or part of it) you allow members to choose if they want to get involved or not not to mention you might be surprised by what some of them might bring to the table. Ideas can be discussed in the thread or in private once you choose to work with someone.

17. 512025
    CyberSon : Sat 21st Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

All sounds pretty innovative and forward thinking to me!

18. 748139
    carlosnble : Sat 21st Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

A broader collabs section could be anything as its only in the idea stage at the moment.(from looperman) is what i agree with because basically collabs are about idea sharing anyway. that was one of the reasons i joined...to perhaps exchange ideas with progressive artists

19. 1

seems that so far nobody is taking any notice of how to use the feature though as i dont see the tracks that chose to set it as a collab request have posted anything about what they are looking for as far as collabs in the track description.

20. 373880
    CDouble34Music : Sat 21st Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

Now this is what's up. I've always wanted a feature like this here. Thanks.

21. 636839
    simmerdown : Sat 21st Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

Nice one!

Posts 1 - 21 of 21

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads