It seems that some users are having issues with their IP being blocked for no reason.
The issue should now be resolved.

Turned Down The Lights A Little

Posts 1 - 15 of 15
  1. 1
    Looperman : Fri 20th Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

I got myself an ipad yesterday and loaded up the site and thought few thats bright !

So.. I turned down the background a little to make it a bit easier on the eye.

Ill gradually be making a few more changes to help make things a bit clearer so dont panic if things change before your eyes.

Nothing too drastic though. Only subtle tweaks.

2. 512025
    CyberSon : Fri 20th Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

Hey Shan. I did notice that change TBH. Normally on my HP laptop, I have to adjust the resolution to read the site properly. Cool stuff.

How do you rate the iPad? Just brought a couple for work and quite like them.

3. 373341
    SpellJammer : Fri 20th Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

LOL what about us poor proles still stuck on interlaced monitors and getting photokeratitis in the process. No fancy retina displays for us. One thing that Apple, I mean Samsung, know how to make are great screens. The resolution is pristine on all Apple (Samsung) products.

Shan, any possibility of an IOS, Android or Blackberry app in the pipeline?

4. 1

So far I really like it. Ive always been a pc / android man myself so this is the first apple product Ive ever bought.

I use skype a lot to speak to clients and have used skype on ipad today to talk while i was working. Worked much better then skype on the phone or the pc.

I bought the ipad 3 and you never know might even venture into a mac laptop at some point.

I plan on featuring stuff for smartphones and tablets on the site which is the excuse i made to buy the ipad. I have a number of companies who have sent me stuff to test / review on it. All I have to do now is get some time to have a look at it.

Maybe Ill use it to make lists of all the things i need to do :-)

5. 373341
    SpellJammer : Fri 20th Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

Thats great news. Thanks for the fantastic work that you do and the awesome platform that you provide us all with Shan.

6. 1

@spelljammer,

Well, now that i have one myself there is more chance then there was before. A few more fundamental things are before that idea in the queue though.

7. 512025

That's cool Shan (I like your justified reason to purchase one lol) I'm really lucky as an IT Manager of a large High School, that I get to experiment with loads of different systems, hence the 2 new iPads.

I think Apple stuff is really cool, but I'm a die hard techie. I can build PCs and reformat latptops, but Apple tech stuff is very hard. You know, they've even got a patent on the screw fixings which means you have to go to an Apple vendor for repairs etc.

Beautiful pieces of tech though. Speaking of other systems, have you had experience of anyone creating music using Linux systems? I'm a big Linux user and find their music solutions quite poor TBH.

8. 1

Never ventured in linux system although I do manage all the servers here and for other clients.

Ive done stuff in a few colleges setting up their audio gear but always PC based so the whole apple thing is new to me. All my mates have switched to apple but then all my mates always used to call me to ask how to fix stuff so ive been able to say "Well you chose a mac, Ive no idea how that works" or "I thought you said macs never break"

9. 636839
    simmerdown : Fri 20th Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

(+1 for the new dimness!)

10. 366784
    yeshintae : Fri 20th Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

^^ that's why i don't trust APPLE PRODUCTS...
    everyone says they don't break but when they do...
    you are ROYALLY F***ED AHAHAHAHHAHAA

Peace from LA

11. 538393
    Unknown User : Fri 20th Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

I'm no techie, so I can't talk about such aspects, but I got an iMac same time as my brother switched to PC. He's been cursing the thing since. Slow as Christmas as well. The iMac, however, well, it's just bloomin amazing. Screen is wicked, too, especially for photos, as I do a lot of arty, photography work in Photoshop.

I've had a titanium laptop as well for about 10 years and it's still going strong. On the music side of things, I can't think of any way Logic could be better. I know everyone loves their own system, but you can run Logic pretty much like any of the others, and interface with them, if that's what you want to do.

Plus, Logic comes with a couple of other apps attached which most people don't know about, Mainstage (live performance), Soundtrack Pro (mastering), Apple Loops Utility (converting files into loops which adjust to the key and tempo of your project) as well as a pile of top class vst instruments and a wicked drum-programming unit, Ultrabeat.

Wish I could afford an iPad. There are a couple of drawing and music apps I'd love, which can't be gotten elsewhere. Check out David Hockney's latest work with the Brushes app. Drool....

12. 1

im gonna start a new thread me thinks where everyone can bring me up to speed on what to look out for on the ipad as this thread has gone of on a tangent.

13. 707704
    AngelDragon2580 : Fri 20th Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

that would be a very good informing thread Shan and for @Cyberson im going to college for IT would you mind giving me Advice on what i should know for that field i mean i already finished 2 years on the degree and and got 2 more left to go but yea it would really help me out thanks =D

14. 512025

Hey AngelDragon2580 - my friend, if you wanna ask me anything then please feel free to email me via my contact page and I'll do what I can to help.

The greatest piece of advice I learnt from my Uni Lecturer many years ago was, always keep an open mind and learn new things becuase you can't ever learn all about IT, because it evolves so much! And that advice was given to me over 20 years ago and it's so true these days!

Anyways, I'd be honoured!

15. 270061
    JoyfulWAVE : Fri 20th Apr 2012 : 7 years ago

just another thing...
    what really made me blind is the looperman site with all these bright colors...cant look at it longer than a few minutes...so i just edit the whole site with a little add on in my browser...my looperman is blue with white letters and bright blue links...much better for my eyes...you can do this with any website...i did this with facebook and youtube also...but you can get styels just for facebook or youtube that will not work on other sites...but there was nothing for looperman...so i got me one for global (any sites)...then i edit the code that it just use it for looperman...
    but it is only for you to see...others cant see your changes...its just to protect MY eyes...lol
    here is a link where you can see how my looperman looks like now...
    http://userstyles.org/styles/3998/inblue-global-style
    if you need help...just ask me :)

Posts 1 - 15 of 15

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads