If You Had The Opportunity To...

Posts 1 - 25 of 26
  1. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Mon 12th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

sing, play, engineer, perform with ANY singer, muzician, engineer, etc., anyone in the muzic industry who would it be?

I've always wanted to sing with PJ Morton, I don't care if it's background I'd jump at the opportunity!

My second choice would be Anthony Hamilton.

Be still my voice!

2. 444193
    StereoMathematics : Mon 12th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

i would of like to have been the guy that set up max roaches drums.

3. 589130
    Unknown User : Mon 12th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

Very interesting topic. Wow! If I sang, I would sing with Chris Cornell, and if I played my guitar I would love to play with Edward Van Halen, and if I were arranging an electronic composition it'd be with Jean Michel Jarre. Nice one Patricia.

-Pete-

4. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Mon 12th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

If I could? Ummm that's a toughy..

I would love to spend time producing with Eric Prydz or a young producer called Madeon.. he's only 17 and his stuff is ah-maaaazing!

As for engineer? Mahloo believe it or not,.. he's patient and has a wealth of knowledge and doesn't mind sharing it. What more could you want in a teacher?

5. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 12th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

Alive or dead?....for me in dreamland,Miles Davis..In the real world my Looperman buddies Bilbozo,SlapJohnson and Zappo.

6. 372886
    Bilbozo : Mon 12th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

Whoa great question Patricia. I would say in the dream world, I would love to be engineered by Clive Davis, David Foster or Mutt Lange.

In the real world in Looperland, PlanetJazzbass, Slap Johnson, Zappo, Nuada, Spd2, ShortBusMusic, Patricia Edwards and Abner Besares (and that's just the short list !)

7. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Mon 12th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

That would be an awesome band guys :)

8. 258735
    LazarusBlack : Mon 12th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

The first person that comes to mind for me is Trent Reznor.He's been my biggest influence for many years.

And I'd be more than Happy to work with anyone here on the loop.Ive used loops from here,but never actually collab'd with anyone here.

SS3LDOG }:)-

9. 614554
    Mykael : Mon 12th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

Fantasy list: Ella Fitzgerald, Miles Davis, Joni Mitchell, Jefferson Starship,Carmen McCrae, Vintage Rufus, Abby Lincoln, Bob Dylan, and Willie Nelson.

10. 666289
    FreeRadical : Mon 12th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

Anyone except Justin Bieber really.

11. 665781
    Soap : Mon 12th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

My dreamlist goes like this...

Roger Wtaters, Jeff Buckley, Martin Gore, Chris Corner, Trent Reznor... To write with...

Martina Topley Bird, Katie Melua, Ray Charles, Norah Jones, Barry White, Cypress Hill, Tom Yorke, Sia Furler... To write for...

Lady Gaga; Bob Sinclar, Beyonce... To make money with easy crappy stuff...

Rihanna and the pussycat dolls... To have sex in the vocal booth after the recording...

Excuse me if I forgot someone lol...

More seriously, here on the loop, I'd like to collab with a lot of people, RichieWinn, Patricia Edwards, just to name a few...

12. 512025
    CyberSon : Mon 12th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

Very cool question.

OK, so I always wanted to be the keyboard player for Faith No More! If I truly believed in my vocal ability, I would have liked to have been the vocalist for Skinny Puppy.

If I could choose who to work with, it would have to be Trent Reznor, Martin Gore and Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode.

Going back in time many years, I would have liked to have a part of Tangerine Dream or started Nine Inch Nails with Reznor.

Here on the Loop, I've tried to kick off a couple of collabs but work, health and other commitments stumped them.

13. 182415
    Samoi08 : Mon 12th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

Good thread!

For me i'd deffo want to produce with dj premier or pete rock or timbaland as there my fav and most influential producers...

As for who I would like to record, dont even get me started cos that list wud go on and on and on and on and on and on.. u get point ;) lol

14. 189474
    ImproveWithError : Mon 12th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

I would like to work with someone who had a similar music interest and write some songs together. I am sure there are a lot of people out there who could teach me something new or help motivate my creativity. But I don't have a specific person that comes to mind.

15. 585633
    topvega : Mon 12th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

If a Time Machine were involved:
    Led Zeppelin
    The Doors
    Jimi Hendrix

Today's artists:
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Clutch
    Rage Against The Machine
    Cake

16. 600461
    visionarysoundsystem : Wed 14th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

To jam along on bass with John Lee Hooker. Play with Johnny Cash or just be in the same band as Joe Strummer. To mix with the Chemcal Brothers, Renegade Soundwave or Nick Warren. To have Janis Joplin sing along with something I was playing. To be produced by anyone lol. Hey if someone was producing me I must have made something worth listening to at long last.

17. 366784
    yeshintae : Wed 14th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

OH MY GOODNESS
    SOMEONE KNOWS JOHN LEE HOOKER~~~~
    AHAHAHAHA

luv his funkiness... tha original West Coast
    flava man ahahahahhaa

Peace from LA

18. 672953
    Ozzz : Thu 15th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

Edwards, for a while I thought you mentioned J.P. Morgan Chase, you had me spinning out....

19. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Thu 15th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

Haha Ozzi...uh uh LOL

20. 373880
    CDouble34Music : Thu 15th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

A-ight. Here on looperman, you, Patricia, ImDangerous, Steklo, Antranita, DVickers, ShawnLat, and FarishaMusic

I'd love to write with Justin Timberlake, Dwele', Jill Scott, J. Moss, Vikter Duplaix, Eric Roberson, Marsha Ambrosius, Natalie Stewart, Kaidi Tatham, and Algebra Blessitt.

21. 373880
    CDouble34Music : Thu 15th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

oh, let me add Sting and New Sector Movements to the mix.

22. 600461
    visionarysoundsystem : Thu 15th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

@Yeshi. Hooker n Heat man. One of the greatest albums ever made my friend.
    Peace & Love from deepest Kent, UK.

23. 318543
    profplum : Fri 16th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

The clash because of wanting to know about this beat and bass http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfK-WX2pa8c&ob=av2e
    Or the Stranglers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7R7q1lSZfs&ob=av2n never get bored of these guys To tour and write music with these two bands would be the best for me.

24. 308224
    theHumps : Fri 16th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

I would wish that Sir George Martin, producer of the the Beatles, would work with me on some of my musical ideas. Imagine what you could learn working with him. That would be a dream come true.

25. 636839
    simmerdown : Fri 16th Mar 2012 : 10 years ago

RADIOHEAD

+(hi wayne!!)

Posts 1 - 25 of 26

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.