See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

Review Of Our New Site

Posts 1 - 25 of 52
  1. 39029
    rei4real : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

well, it's maybe a little too early, but I thought I'd write what I like and what I miss on the new site, just to see what others think ... ;-)

first of all: it looks awesome!!!
    (and I'm sure almost everyone will agree ...)

there are only 3 things that I miss:

- I don't see who's online with me.
    and that's a pity, cause to see who's online gave a feeling of community which I don't have on other similar sites ...

- the featured song only appears on the home page.
    this takes away the best advantage of this feature, I think ...

- the player is no longer a pop-up player.
    so I'm not able to listen while I'm surfing through the site, I know I could open pages in a new window, but I would prefer a pop-up player ...

so that are my wishes ...

what do you think about it???

peace, rei

2. 583767
    eshar : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

I pretty much agree with you on all points rei. I think I would like to see one of the things you suggested implemented in a slightly different way to before though...like the online status. I think it would be better for something like a green light to either appear next to the person's name or for it to be on their profile that shows they are online.
    I definitely miss the pop out player though. I'm not overly fussed about the featured tracks...but I hear what you're saying in regard to it.

3. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

I sort of miss the topless waitresses and free potato chips....oh,sorry wrong cranial hemisphere engaged ;)

Yeah I agree Rei,seeing who was online was cool,made it feel like a happening place and the popup player enabled vibes while browsing.....I'm an easy guy to please though..I can do without the free crisps!

4. 645934
    JodyJames : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

@rei4real

- I don't see who's online with me.- Agree

- the featured song only appears on the home page.?- They show the featured track on different pages your on, but it's hidden..They should put it at the top of the page.

- the player is no longer a pop-up player.- Agree

@Eshar

- a green light to either appear next to the person's name or for it to be on their profile that shows they are online.- Agree or near their Avatar.

My Review:

-I didn't see a "favorites" when you play a track..just download

-And the rating system when people had the colored names..I thought that was a cool idea...makes you more motivated to leave comments and such..just my opinion.

ok that's my $0.2 worth
    I'm out

5. 39029

@ Jody:
    maybe the missing of the point system atm and the online status at the bottom of the old page go hand in hand ...
    I guess it's on Shan's list, but it's not that important for starting the new site ...

6. 645934
    JodyJames : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

one more thing..=)

I've noticed playing afew members tracks...where it show how
    many "plays downloads and comments" The plays don't seem to be workin.

I'm done nite all

7. 39029

and now I also found the "featured track"-box ... thank you Jody!!!

8. 159051
    Unknown User : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

I really like the new site. The Design is much easier and the site is better to navigate now.

To problem is, that the new disign also takes the familiar feeling. There I must agree.

1. Who is online
    -----------------

This was the best feature ever on the old site. To see, who is only with us gave the feeling, I miss now. A green light like eshar said or a little list with all online ppl like before would be so nice.

2. Where are the stats?
    ------------------------

I cant see my stats. How many times my loops where downloaded? How many tracks where listened / downloaded? For someone like me, who is brings much time into the site (creating loops ), it is a "musthave", to have a better overview and to see the own results.

3. Where are all my faved tracks?
    ----------------------------------

I wonder, where my faved member-tracks are. In the past i really often used this list, to listen to my faved tracks. Cause when I like a track, i wanna listen more then 1 time to it.

I still prefer a volumecontrol in the trackplayer, but thats another thing ;)

All in all the new site has a new feeling for me, in both ways.

Greetings
    Martin

9. 438673
    DJSchmeeJ : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

Members photos was a cool thing that I liked previously because you could see a little more about that member in their photos. The site is great, but like all online communities, you are what you make yourself. So I think that the members photos should return... and the topless waitress! PJB... missed that wit man!

10. 428102
    adamms : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

I really like the look of new web site. Some thing new that i feel it needed to be done was up loading of just one track a day, hope they keep that. The Blog forum looks like that could be cool in the future.

I miss the ranking and point system. Sort gave me goal to reach for. Also miss pop up player for the songs and liked how it use to give a link to that one song. Seeing a list of who is on-line was really cool to see when you logged on to web site .

Just so happy to have web site back. well i guess i need go work on some music now.

11. 628751
    ChueyForum : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

WOOOHOOOOO

12. 258735
    LazarusBlack : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

Overall no compliants..I was kinda suprised to see that the point system was gone.not a major downfall,but it was a nice feature.
    the old pop out player did allow more freedom for browsing while listening,but its really not that big of an inconvienience to just open another window to listen to tracks while browsing.
    I do miss the member photos feature,i did check out alot of other members pics.it allowed us to see what other members actually looked liked(for those uploaded pics of themselves,instead of just seeing their avatars) and it also gave us a chance to share pictures of our equipment and studio setups.
    aside from that-----im just glad to back up and running.
    SS3LDOG }:)-

13. 452189
    RotenBeats : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

site looks really good , i just noticed though, in the forum section on some of the post it has like 10 post but 0 views lol ?

14. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

Did anyone else smile like a goon for like 10 minutes when they first logged back on?? It was more exciting for me than xmas day... lol

Features missed: Even though I was a n00b on the old site, I still miss the points system and the coloured names. It's nice to know when you are talking to - or taking advice from - the more senior members.

I miss not being able to see who's online at the same time. Kinda creepy in a way I guess, but built a sense of community.

I'm guessing this is going to be added at a later date, but the ability to update your profile is missing as far as I can see.

the hide track feature really *does* hide tracks... including from you.

I would say the featured track feature is a bit pointless, virtually everyone selects their track to be featured.... one in a list of 65,000 featured tracks,... dunno about you guys but I never click on them anyway.

Other than that, I like the layout. Much prettier :)

15. 159051
    Unknown User : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

Hey ToonZ, welcome back. Nice to see you again.

"the hide track feature really *does* hide tracks... including from you" :)
    This made me so laugh *hehe*.

Greetings Martin

PS: This is my 2nd try to post this comment, cause I automaticly logged out while posting. No clue why.

16. 1
    Looperman : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

Hi guys, great feedback from you all.

Just a quick note though. Just because some things are not here any longer does not mean they wont come back.

Some things got put on the back burner as I wanted to get the site open and there is only so much time in the day.

Im sure there are a few spanners in the works as we go along but again I can get those fixed as I know about them.

Its been a busy few months of solid work and Im pretty knackered so if you mail me and dont hear back right away thats why.

Anyone who is having any problems though contact me via my account of mail me direct with plenty of info on whats not working how you think it should and it will make it easier for me to suss out the problem and fix it.

17. 636839
    simmerdown : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

#1 seeing who is online

#2 pop out player

#3 being able to embed youtube video ( i really dont believe this would be abused, the mods and regulars would promptly spank anyone who did.... maybe it could be limited to the smallest player size on a trial basis to see if it works (?), i REALLY think this adds life to a site)

#4 no more points...Yay!

#5 user photos were nice to see, peoples setups, events etc.

not to look a gift horse in the mouth by any means...very thankful , and the new, clean look is great....

18. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

it's ok :) I've found my hidden tracks...!

There's a little tab called "hidden tracks" funnily enough!
    Ignore the above

19. 345547
    Cufool : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

At first, i didnt like the new look, but now its grown on me and I think it looks fantastic! The only change that I dont really like is how you can only upload one track a day. Maybe its just because i want to upload acouple of tracks right now cause the site has been down, but it does seem alittle long. Other than that, Im lovin all the new features
    Thanks Looperman!

20. 247253
    n0mad23 : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

I wonder if without point systems if certain members (you know who you are :- 0 ) will now refrain from deleting their accounts?

I do miss the ease of being able to pull up my favorites and playing them again (and again).

Sure is nice having the site up! Nice seeing friendly familiar names, too!

21. 636839
    simmerdown : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

(nope, still will, such is my nature...like a good boyscout, i 'leave no trace' haha)

22. 562523
    digitalSKYY : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

Yeah new site looks awesome!

I agree with most things said.

1. Would love to see the featured track at the top

2. Need to see my stats on the front page.

3. Im not sure if i miss the point system yet or not, but i think it deff helped push people into getting more active with the site. So maybe.

Oh, and POP UP PLAYER. Thats probably the biggest one.
    Thanks!!

23. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

It's interesting (and this is in no way directed at anyone here)..I just had a look at the Looperman facebook page,there's overwhelming support for the new site apart from a few troll comments..but even so people expect it all at once...it's been stated categorically that things will be implemented progressively...maybe Joni Mitchell's "Yello Taxi" needs to be played 24/7 for a week or two.

24. 576565
    lostjoe3 : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

i'm gonna have to go with what rei4real said, eventhough i'm just so freakin happy . but please dont play joni mitchells yellow taxi 24/7 for a week, hahahah

25. 286966
    ShowGunProductions : Wed 2nd Nov 2011 : 9 years ago

First of all I would like to say, Planet, I missed you. There, I said it. Second of all, going back to the point of this thread I agree with missing

1.being able to see who's on line

2.the pop up player

3.I might miss the point system for the same reason digital sky said. (It did encourage me to leave me reviews as sad as that sounds.)

4.I've noticed that on my newest track (uploaded when the site was in beta testing) that it says I have zero plays. I know I've had some plays cause I have reviews.

All in all I'm just happy it's back!! Thank you so much Shan! I know this is no small task. I appreciate everything you've done and whatever you do with the site!

Posts 1 - 25 of 52

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums