Dont You Have The Balls Looperfam

Posts 26 - 50 of 131
  1. 508527
    Brent88 : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Generally, i leave most comments on tracks that i enjoy and i honestly tell the producer that i enjoyed their music. I think both positive and negative feedback can be beneficial for a musician.
    FOR ME, positive feedback has never led me to believe that i'm great and don't need to work any harder. Positive reviews usually make the experience of creating music even more enjoyable, which leads to more dedication and improvements. They also make me work harder to ensure that the quality of my music only gets better, so my music will remain enjoyable for those who care to listen.
    Simply leaving feedback can be beneficial regardless of whether it's positive or negative, i think.

2. 641027
    Unknown User : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Yesh 2010 is a year ago. Use google and the wayback machine to rekindle those old flames. ;)

3. 636839
    simmerdown : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

so clepto, what was your previous username?

4. 594534
    MaxJC : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Well..I'm gonna be honest with all you guys - Been in the Loop for now 3 months and saw a fast change of crowd within the community along with the people criticizing certain tracks. Obviously, many can't take tuff criticism in my opinion. But this is what got me where I'm at right now: producing for international artists. There's nothing wrong with taking pointers and improving the music (Got the advice from fellow peeps around here and I keep getting better).But yeh I agree with M2G!

5. 641027

My previous username was dungbeatl duhhhhhh. xD
    I don't change my name or run and hide if I say something people don't agree with, I could care less, unlike the nice chap that told me I was garbage with my hood philosophy and challenged me to a battle and then went and deleted his account. I'm standing right here still screaming fu** the free world. looky looky how can 6 dic** be pus****

6. 339043
    StephenPotter : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

"most tracks on looperman are bad (in my opinion more then 90 %). "

Not going to have a go at you for that, but if thats the case, then you've just answered your own question. People perhaps can't give advice because they can't physically do so, due to lack of knowledge.

I offer advice where possible, but often I find tracks which completely stun me. Tracks like yours, Yeshintae's, Alividlife, and so many others often just leave me with a loss for words. You guys make me feel inadequate, but in a good way. Strange, but true ;)

I geuss another reason I don't put loads into a review is because I can't offer help. My theory is practically non-existant, so I can tell people to improve their chord progressions, but I wouldn't be able to say how. My mixing/mastering skills are pretty off as well, so I can hardly offer advice there.

And occasionally, I do lie and say I like it when I don't really. But thats been on only a few very rare occasions, but that was only really when I first joined the site when I had a dislike for dubstep (which has now, for the most part disappeared) and dubstep remixes seemed to be the only thing people did with my vocals. But they'd done something with content I'd created, and I didn't want to insult them.

This site isn't just for people that are looking to improve though. Some people may just want to post stuff just to let it be heard. Not everyone takes their music as seriously as some of the people on this thread do.

MrBillionX was a great reviewer, altough often a little brief, and thus seemingly coming off as a bit offensive, he did get a lot of advice in a short time-span. Alividlife is another consistantly good reviewer, only his tend to be a lot longer and thus seemingly less offensive, and this might be where the problem lies. I reckon both of the previous members listened to the track the same amount, but the problem is with the amount you type. If you type a longer list, it'll take more time, but it'll give more advice... although that means you're pointing out more bad things, and then you could possibly offend the uploader.. I know that the loop had a constructive criticsm complaint thread recently, which to me seemed pointless, because PhyruisBlackJack offered some help. But if you keep it short and sweet, you might as well be saying "this is poop, i can't be bothered to waste my time writing stuff for this guy", so both types of CC have their disadvantages I suppose.

Anyways, I'll leave it there. I think you've already got enough to read. Decent thread to start, but I think wording it better might have been a smart move.

Ste :)

7. 636839

there was no cleptography in 2010...coward and asshole, you win!

8. 159051
    MINOR2GO : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

@Cleptography

Sure you can have a Violin in C major and play a bass over it in C#Major. Then you have the perfect horror-movie-sound.

But NOT if you create a C#bassline over a uplifting C-Major piano-loop in a hiphop-track. Try it yourself and your ears will fall to the ground. You can do this with other instruments in cinematic or chillout genre, but not in an uplifting hiphop track.

Regards!

9. 641027

Ok Minor now I see where you are coming from and that is absolutely correct it is the ol oil and vinegar theory. You are right there. Now if there are people out there writing music like this it is not standard proper theory but there are also a bunch of people like I said before such as Bob Dylan that made a living off this exact fact. Maybe in general to grow as artist we should all including myself forget what we have been taught to be correct and try the things that are not so conventional. My apologies Minor did not see where you were coming from. I stand corrected.

10. 641027

P.S. at Minor I would enjoying having a friendly debate via skype over some music and theory if you would ever be interested. Put a voice to all the madness. =)

11. 159051

Add me on Skype :) We are waiting :) Could be interesting.

Skypename: Minor2Go

Greetings

12. 435773
    BrokenScythe : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Lol I like you Clept because youre the outgoing MrBillionX.
    Matter of fact...I wonder if you are Mr. BillionX :O

Interesting thread. I think it's a matter of perspective.
    To be completely honest, I rarely rev these days, and when I do its only the tracks of people I know take this seriously. (I.O.W. actually try to make quality or do make quality)

On that note, all I can't say much on this. The revs I get sometimes can seem a bit too forgiving. Then again, that could just mean the person genuinely sees it as a good track.
    I remember when I first started out, the simplest of correct things blew my mind. As I earned whatever amount of experience I have today, that's faded a lot.

Look, people are people. Theyre going to have different intentions, different perspectives and different opinions on friggin everything. All that really matters for this site is that the community maintains itself. Above the music and past the resources, that's the main reason this site is as desirable as it is.
    that's why Yesh not posting tracks is bugging me. FFS man! screw the BS! POST TRACKS! Lol

13. 538393

Yer all a shower of monkeys bangin on kettles!!! Hahaha. Me too. Who gives a damn? I love bangin on kettles and don't give a hoot what it sounds like or what anyone else thinks if they're just out to be an ignorant and arrogant sod.

On the other side of this, I have learned a load from being on this site and continue to improve, but according to my own standards. More importantly this site has been an opportunity to collaborate with some excellent people. I'm never going to be some prat megastar, but what sane person would want that? We're all amateurs here and so bloody what!!!

@M2G I understand your point, but not your attitude. What the heck is the point in bringing someone down? It certainly doesn't help someone who is starting out and needs encouragement. Advice... yes, rudeness... why?

Both you and Cleptoshitstirrer are correct and you both know it. If you are trying to stay in tune and don't succeed then you've screwed up. Again, so bloody what. But not all music needs to be 'in tune' in the conventional sense. Some of the best music of the last century has come about as a result of challenging these orthodoxies... Reich, Riley, Cage, Shostokovich, most good jazz, etc., etc. But most of these folk know very well what they are doing and it is not by accident.

I'm really glad that the tecnologies now exist which allow anyone to make reasonably good music and that this has been largely taken out of the hands of the elite, the wealthy and music companies with only monetary motives. Some people are going to become involved seriously, others not. Why apply the same standards to everyone? Let beginners be beginners. Surely each of us is the best judge of whether we are happy with our creativity or not, and not some self-proclaimed expert.

If I were to apply all the 'expert advice' I get on here, I'd have to keep contradicting myself and get nothing done. In the same way I sure do love to bullsh7t just like every other human. Guys, stop taking this so damned seriously. We're not robots, just monkeys. Doesn't anyone take Darwin seriously? Har har, we 'evolved' from monkeys but we're SOOO past that stage now... wrong!!!

14. 641027

NUADA you genius of a human being you. It is good to be a monkey. Like the first monkey shot into space. Sorry forgive me in all my useless movie references. I have no life. I'm just a monkey battling bananas with the rest of the monkeys. Minor added we shall do battle soon. Now all you vampires back to our labs. I will see you all when the sun goes down.

15. 159051

:) When your sun goes down, my sun is rising :D Gogogo :P

16. 366784
    yeshintae : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

AHAHAHAHAHA now that scythe mentions it...

CLEPTO DOES REMIND ME OF MR. BILLION...
    where has HE gone... i miss that
    angry dog avatar... hehehehehe

that dog just KNEW how to make me laugh
    JUST LIKE THAT SMILEY FACE AHAHAHAHAHA
    ;)

Peace from LA

17. 159051

Hehe, yes i also have a smile on the face, if i see this smiley avatar :)

18. 576565
    lostjoe3 : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Can anyone guess who was the very first avatar i stopped at and had my first listen? Can everyone guess who has never stopped at my avatar and had a listen!HAHAHHAAAAA HA.... I must say i joind this comunity of loopers for the very fact that I'm just a bass player who needs everything else to make my music , that come's from the most inner core- that is ME!-Straight from the heart.I KNOW IM NOT PERFECT, and everyone who has stopped and had a listen,ether didnt like my music and didnt leave review or they did and left one(review).Not just to give praise but to give helpful advice to help me along in my endivers! To all those fellow looper's I again thank You.And i also must say that every review i gave out,was because i did like there song, came straight from the heart,and was never a lie!IM NOT PERFECT so how can i say-your C# DOSENT MATCH THE C MAJOR when i dont really care.

19. 576565

When i first joind looperman can you guess the first avatar i stopped at, and how good it made me feel to be here? Can everyone guess who has never stopped at my avatar?I know im not perfect when it comes to my music, but im just a bass player who joind looperman because i need everything else to make my music. All the reviews i ever got were so very helpful,not to make me perfect but to help me along in my indevers, and to those who care I THANK YOU. And for all the reviews i gave out, came straight from the heart, ment every word and was not a lie! Not because your C# DIDNT MATCH YOUR C MAJOR, but because i really liked your song!

20. 230419
    blackryan : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

I love watching brave people sitting behind their computer screens trying to irritate others. It's so pointless it actually become interesting for about 30 minutes and then it's gone!

Seen it all b4!

21. 576565

My music comes straight from the heart, its all me and im not perfect, ask the people who have reviewed me,And i will thank you all again. For all the reviews i gave out, came straight from the heart, ment every word, and was not a lie! Not because your C# DIDNT MATCH YOUR C MAJOR but because i liked it!

22. 337508
    subSpace : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

some very valid comments here but this sounds more like a rant rather than a general message good topic tho

23. 636839

...ohh, MrBx? no wonder he wont own up....

24. 159051
    MINOR2GO : Sun 14th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Great theme, really good ideas and opinions here to think about.

Regards!

25. 641027
    Unknown User : Sun 14th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Good that is what I am here for Mr. Funny pants. Screw you guys I'm going home. xD Sorry more senseless T.V. humor. As long as everyone is having a good time that is all that matters. All music one mind one respect peace and love as always.

Posts 26 - 50 of 131

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads