Dont You Have The Balls Looperfam

Posts 1 - 25 of 131
  1. 159051
    MINOR2GO : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Guys, i wanna mention a theme, that bugs me and is totally opaque: The reviewing of tracks here on looperman.

Why everyone is giving reviews like "ah thats perfect"; "this song is great", "keep up the good work", "dude this track is awesome"... if the track / the editing / the vocals / the quality is BAD ?

What is the reason, that you lie in the reviews?
    The own know-how?
    Do you have bad speakers?
    Dont you have the balls?

I wonder about this cause of the following reason:

The most tracks on looperman are bad (in my opinion more then 90 %). Everytime when i listen to a totally nonsens track, cause maybe the mainnote of the piano dont fits with the mainnote of the strings behind it; or the tempo of the drums is not the same like the tempo of the bass etc, i only see POSITIVE reviews under this track.

Dudes! If you dont have the balls, to write "Good melody but you dont hit a note with your voice, maybe you should try another genre" or "Good work, but sadly the instruments dont fit together" or "This track need a bassline, without it it sounds totally empty"... HOW this ppl learn? If you dont give such "hard but fair" critism, this ppl will never learn and they upload and upload and create and create the same nonsens over years.

Do you butter them up, cause you need friends? Points? Is it, cause the ppl here are afraid? Cause they dont have a clue about music?

Interesting theme in my opinion (please save comments like: "No, i give critism), cause the reality here is another one.

Just thoughts.

Peaceout
    Martin

2. 589833
    MMedia : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

A lot of folks here as part of the Looperfam are learning as they go. I see your point that some people don't give honest constructive criticisms but they also don't want to cause someone to become discouraged and abandon this pursuit, IMHO. Especially when they themselves are here for the same reasons.

I don't think it's not having the balls as much as it's a little over-sensitivity.

3. 566750
    Maxomunz : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

M2g ......I gotta' say this is almost as bad as the thread named "womp womp wheres the hip hop talent" .......I don't agree with you that 90% of the music on here are bad (69.999% at the most :P).....I gotta' say I haven't experienced anyone exaggerating my music (maybe once) ....So I don't know how you feel .....I'm greatly happy that almost 100% of my reviews are something to help out the track ... - [ ] Separate

4. 636839
    simmerdown : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

most ppl dont want to hurt ppls feelings...i always balance the compliments with suggestions,there is always something to improve in even the best tracks up here, thats what ppl are here for, i think....

i have 3 balls btw...just a lil fyi

5. 33356
    MStokes : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

huh. i got all kindsa clues about music because they come from people playing from their hearts guts and minds and not the industry standard bullsh*t. I don't suck up to nobody and I ain't looking for that kinda jack sh*t either.
    when i fav something it comes from the heart.
    and in my experience that goes both ways.
    It ain't greed or neediness - it's a community.
    this is the most creative place i've ever been to and i basically don't listen to commercial crap any more.
    respect, pal.

6. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

You have to keep in mind personal preference! Something you think is bad may be right up someone else's alley! I agree that it's good to give criticism though, but not everyone can take it with a grain of salt. Especially new users. Good thread though.

7. 365208
    LenaLannergren : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

I don't have any balls only two round thing on the front LOOOL
    But I agree with Minor2Go on this subject as far as the reviewing goes. Why be afraid to give some pointers if there is a major fail in the song? Of course the ego feeds on sugar but it does not make you evolve. With this said there is no need for cruelty or a big debate of taste of music.
    Peace
    Lena

8. 159051

In my opinion, there a tastefails and mainfails.

A main-fail is, when the basses are totally wrong to a pianoloop.
    This has nothing to do with taste, this is a fail, and this is no correct music.

How can ppl write under such tracks: "Wow, nice track" ?
    There is no taste anymore.

Whether this ppl lie, or they have no clue of music.

Regards!

9. 350128
    Felix : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

I feel you Minor2go. No constructive criticism here at all!

10. 230419
    blackryan : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

I think Minor is largely correct. I listen to tracks and am often amazed at the overwhelmingly positive reviews when the music has been awful. Unfortunately, I think a lot of it is mutual back slapping where someone positively reviews another artist and that artist replies the favour. In the short term this may massage the ego but in the long term it will do nothing to improve the quality of their tracks.

The other point is that over 90% of the stuff on here is poor quality. i think a lot of this is because the artists are new to production. Honest reviews will improve the quality overall of everyones tracks.

An element of common sense is required though. There is a difference between rude and honest. If you feel the need to be rude then it's best to say nothing at all.

11. 486477
    GramoChopin : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

I've thought about that alot too. Sometimes i think people do say certain things because they want points or whatever. but i think i know whose being honest about my music when they review or give their opinion. And trust me, others opinions are nice, but i don't focus much on what anybody else thinks. because in reality "you" are your own worst critic. I stress over my music daily, because i hear something a thousand times better the next day, and i become completely depressed over the fact someone else sounds better than me. but i refuse to quit, and i'm dedicated to MUSIC. not just hip hop or rap beats. i've grown alot from that phase, and i'm FAR more critical. but yea, i won't lie when i review someones track. most likely i'm really digging what their doing creatively, or in the mix, the master, the sounds they use etc. And i will spot out errors and mistakes and make sure to listen to inform the artist and give my honest critique. on a side note, this is a great community and like mstokes said i've probably heard the most creative and UNIQUE sounds and tracks on this site alone. i'm so distant from that mainstream garbage i can't even hear it anymore lol respect for the loop!

12. 641027
    Unknown User : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

People are like cattle lead them to water and they will drink. If one person is polite then they all fall into line. Minor not to be a sore spot but you are one of those, been around here forever and people give you good reviews though on a professional stance most of what you do is just ok. When I first heard your work my first thought was meh sounds programmed sounds like a machine, and then I started digging through your reviews. You are quite respected around here. Doesn't change my mind though in thinking you are just average, and I don't remember seeing you handing out bad reviews. No one wants to stand out and be the bad guy if 4 others before them said
    "great job wonderful work"

Another problem here is that you have a new generation of kids just starting out, who roll out of bed push a couple of buttons on their FL studio and now they are Mozart. If one person says great work more will to and bad habits will start to form, filling the heads of these people. Minor I would reexamine your situation before asking such questions. It's all in good fun though as long as people are enjoying themselves who cares. This is looperman not Columbia records.

13. 641027

P.S.
    Minor I am surprised by this...

"In my opinion, there a tastefails and mainfails.

A main-fail is, when the basses are totally wrong to a pianoloop.
    This has nothing to do with taste, this is a fail, and this is no correct music.

How can ppl write under such tracks: "Wow, nice track" ?
    There is no taste anymore.

Whether this ppl lie, or they have no clue of music.

Regards!"

I do not know what planet you grew up on but by the standards handed down to me from Berkeley a bass line compliments the drums and is obviously in the same key as the other instruments. Music is personal preference. I think what you are doing here friend, is unconsciously asking the question, why do people not like what you like or think what you think is good music. Your theory is backa$$wards, sorry.

14. 159051

I often give critism on reviews.
    If for example the "s" in the vocals is to sharp, and you dont tell them: "you need a deesser to fix this s-problem, cause it hurts in the ears", then this ppl will never know, that there are programms like a deesser, that fixs such problems.

Sure here are many newcomer, ppl who try to create music the first time. But this is no reason, to give them no critism. If they begin wrong and everyone says, that this is perfect, they begin to make music in a wrong way.

Regards!

15. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

I, for one, am not expert enough to give anyone criticism. If I review a song and I like it, I say so. If I listen and don't like it, I simply do not comment. So, I am guilty as charged because most of my reviews are positive. Without knowing what was in the artist's mind, how can I say if it the piece is bad or good?

Here is a great example. Listen to Arnold Schoenberg's piece and tell me if all of the notes are "correct."

In fact, they are....but he was an expert in dissonance and also a person who shunned "structure" in his music. Listen and then tell me that this piece is bad or good. Most people would think this is "crap" when in actuality it is brilliance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz98sU_rPK8

Since I'm not an expert, I don't think I have any right to tell anyone what they can or cannot do. I know nothing about Drum and Bass, Hip Hop, Grime, Industrial, Rap, Techno, Dubstep, and on and on. What advice could I possibly give anyone in a genre that I neither understand nor listen to on a regular basis? What I may think is a bad habit, may in fact, be the next new trend in music.

The bottom line, I am simply not qualified to give either technical advice or an educated musical opinion. All I can do is tell you how the piece made me feel, and if I liked it, I'll tell you I did (even when other people think it sucks).

So, I'll continue to leave positive reviews. If I listen and don't comment, it doesn't mean it's bad, it just means it wasn't my cup of tea. I'll leave the criticism up to the "experts" on here who think they know better.

By the way, I know my music sucks :)

Bear

16. 159051

@Cleptography

No. If you have a C-major pianoloop. Sure there are many bassnotes that fit: C F G Amin etc.... BUT!!! you can NEVER use a C# or g# bassnote to a C-Major over 4 bars. This is totally wrong and will NEVER sound okay in EVERY ear of EVERY recordcompany in the whole world.

Regards!

17. 159051

@ShortBusMusic

are you drunken? :) You are a master of music.

18. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Hahahaha, Martin, I'm just on good pharmaceuticals :)

19. 348771
    justing101 : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

i think minor2go is right and from now on i will be completely honest with everyone since minor2go is legend and he probly knows best and his right alot of the songs ive heard are just Sounds thrown at each other with no logical order ive done that before
    so i know most people are guilty of it, but on the other hand
    People like alividlife are the most creative artists ive ever heard so its a mixed bag really

20. 566761
    OdotZED : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

I have balls..two big dangly hairy ones that sway side to side while walking..and i love it when people say 'this aint right'etc..helps you grow as a producer or whatever you aspire to be...
    peace

21. 641027

Oh look we have yet another sword fight. Just because people like Minor and Avidlivid whatever his name is have been around here like dust does not give them precedent over the others that have been around the world period longer then they have been alive. Minor you are wrong in your stance with major and minor notes being combined, where do you think most horror sci-fi scores are balanced, and second off lets take someone like oh I don't know, Bob Dylan and ask him and all his millions of sold albums and fans what a correct key is. Sorry friend whether respected here on this particular site or not your knowledge is off period. You are older though and a prime example of bad habits over time. I do agree with your stance on using things like a deesser proper equipment is a must if done professionally but what about the people that just want to make music for the sake of it and for no other reason. Interpretation is a joke.

@OdotZED
    Check the hairy nuts I haven't shaved in over a decade.

22. 636839
    simmerdown : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

waaay too detailed ozed...ugg

my critique of this thread:

1. arrogant

2. pointless

3. very arrogant

not everyone can be pianosounds, y'know?

(but if it brings MS and ryan out, i'm all for it, lol)

23. 641027

Oh whatever dungbat go back to your dungeon. Arrogance defined, interpretation, by some. I hope someone hits you with a book some day.

24. 366784
    yeshintae : Sat 13th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

ahahahaha this is PRECISELY
    why i rarely post up tracks here
    anymore.... tasteless reviews
    and just NOT THA COMMUNITY
    this place used to be...

I LUV THIS SITE...
    but there's no changing
    tha facts...

THINGS HAVE CHANGED...

anyone wanna invent a time
    machine so i can go back
    to when i joined tha Loop?! :D

ahahahahaha
    until then i will keep hitting
    this jojo and enter an ENLIGHTENED
    STATE OF MIND AHAHAHAHAHAH

stay cool Looperfam

Peace from LA

25. 641027

Give me points I want to be the most famous a$$hole on looperscams. =D

Posts 1 - 25 of 131

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads