Looperman Is A Site For Loops

Posts 1 - 25 of 25
  1. 605694
    LuckyFlaush : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

I am glad that Looperman encourages posting/ uploading loops on his site. I uploaded some loops 2 weeks ago and still no movement. They are still on validation stage. This makes me think that Looperman doesnt have moderators or there are only few people that are allowed to show/ share their work.
    In this case I should stand back ant let the others submit automatically their loops. It is nice to see everytime same faces... I know there are thousands of users, so I think this validation process sucks...
    I saw tons of tracks that are really bad, BAD!, why there isnt a validation for tracks also?!
    I saw some cursed acapellas here, some atrocities, whay there is not a validation process there?
    Guys, this is really a site bug, a human error, you should threat all with same attention, this is a community, I know it is free but without us this will be some kind of a personal page.
    So please validate my loops, put me on automatic validation and let me share my work. I will not dissapoint you all.
    Thank you!

2. 224104
    Mosaic : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

@Luckyman

Considering Shan is the only one that validates loops, you have to be patient, having a dig like you have just done is not going to make it happen any quicker, when Shan validates loops from a member, if he has no issues with them, then he would consider adding them as a auto-validated member, but you have to prove yourself with your loops first before that happens...So dont go having a dig in the forums, if you have a issue you should contact Shan direct...Oh just an after thought, reason why loops have to be validated is that, in the past members have uploaded or tried to upload loops that were not 100% theres, plus Shan needs to check each loop to make sure it is up to a standard, that is why there is a validate process...so hold your horses okies...

Peace
    Estefano

3. 287207
    ScreamingZombie : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

I've got some that have been waiting for 10 days now :(

4. 605694

The great problem is whem you are validated, the loops appear in the day you uploaded them!!! At least this problem should be fixxed.

5. 512025
    CyberSon : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

@Luckyman I appreciate your frustration, but I would have recommended your contacted Looperman / Shan directly to raise the issue.

Regarding validation, I personally don't have a problem with it. As an IT Professional, I get involved in validating various software to make sure it's compatible before it gets released, to ensure a better service.

I recently submitted 20 loops and 5 of them were rejected because they didn't loop! I thought I'd checked them all but I clearly hadn't, so I was really pleased that they had been "checked" and the issue pointed out. I'd have been devastated if they had been auto uploaded and other members couldn't have used them, plus I'd have looked very silly! So to be honest, I can see the benefits of validation.

Be patient my friend and I look forward to hearing your loops.

6. 71369
    Unknown User : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Dude...... the last llops that I've put up in here were three. The first one was on the 24 of July, and the other two were on the 31, yet.. do u see me complaining about that?! U just gotta be patient, that's all. U won't be waiting a year or so.... just a few days, or even weeks. Plus, I think that right now Shan is probably taking a break and enjoying the summer... 'cause after all we all deserve a break, right? At least I think so.

7. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

@LuckyMan I had to wait a while too, lots of people had to. :-) Check this out while you're waiting https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/168391. Hopefully it won't be much longer for you, but if your stuff is good you'll probably be set after that. Just gotta be patient...

8. 286966
    ShowGunProductions : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

@ Lucky you should really contact shan and keep it out of the forums. I know your frustrated but along with this post you hijacked one of mine and several other members threads to voice you disapproval. Thats not how to go about it. Email Shan, and keep it out of the forums mate, everyone has to wait not just you.

9. 366784
    yeshintae : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

ahahhaaha LuckyFlash you need to
    stop worrying about tha validation...
    imagine if you were Shan and had
    to validate THOUSANDS of loops a week...
    imma pretty sure it'd take you a while
    also...

remember everyone has "lives" outside
    tha loop also... well except me ahhahahah

Peace from LA

10. 372886
    Bilbozo : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

The great thing is that once Shan gains confidence that yu can make loops correctly, seamless and of quality, he will auto validate you. Which means you can upload as much as you like and it appears almost instantly. Patience is key at first and once yu are in...you never have to worry about the issue once he gets used to your level of quality work

11. 159051
    MINOR2GO : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

If Looperman dont would have a validation-time for loops, then:

-1-. We would have tons of nonsens in the loopsection

-2-. No Quality on the loops, and after 1 year you can close this site, cause noone joins, cause the loops are sh1t.

-3-. Sometimes loop-spamming of new ppl

-4-. And last but not least we would have "loops" that are no loops, cause tons of ppl dont know, what a loop is and upload pure nonsens!

Regards!
    Martin!

12. 606872
    WithoutMyArmor : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago
  13. 159051
    MINOR2GO : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

@NotWithoutMyAmor

Correct. But if you have a house, you decide who will come in and what ppl can do or cant do inside it. And not everytime its nessesary to understand the owner of this house. As visitor you can come inside the house of others. If the visitor dont likes the rules of the owner, he can leave and search for another house :)

I also needed a long time to understand this.

But sure you can ask the owner of a house question or give him tips, BUT this dont should be in the forum, cause this let takes sleeping sheeps out of the sleep and they scream so loud, that this sheeps wake up other sheeps....

Oh, my picturelanguage today :P

regards!

14. 366784
    yeshintae : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

ahahahaa i think martin
    means imagery hehehehe :P

Peace from LA

15. 566761
    OdotZED : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Sit back..roll a fat 1..and be PATIENT LoooL
    it'll be up eventually!!

16. 605694

@ShowGun
    I didnt hijacked a thread of yours. That thread was in the 'Just For Fun' section, so...

@all
    I will wait in my corner, thanks all!

@Looperman
    You must be proud with all these guardians! Congratz!

@Me
    I should stay away from forum...

@God
    Whyyyyyy?!

17. 423563
    2secondimpression : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

its because we live in a world where every things expected to be instant.

we can turn a tap on and water flows out! think of those poor F***kers who have no water or food.

and you're complaining because you have to wait a couple of days to upload a clip of a repetitive sound...

maybe if you paid for a membership on this site you could complain but its free.

so ssssh!

have a nice day

18. 672953
    Ozzz : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Luckyman: Hahaha, funny guy. My loops have been waiting to get validated for two weeks also. Theres only one guy doing it, the other mods are just forum police, no purpose beyond that.

I agree with you a hundred percent. The constant influx of new members and the hundreds of daily uploads isnt doing any justice if its one guy doing it all. Mods should be made useful and given the power to validate loops, so if Looperman isnt online, the chance another mod is, which keeps the consistancy.

19. 605694

R U talking to me? You shhh me? You're so cute...
    I live in a damned country Romania, i know what is how to live without essential things. I guess you're the last person who can give me advices, if you were from Somalia, well...
    About membership: I would pay, you will not, why? Because you like free stuff, I see you're some kind of a fake guardian.
    I have my mail address because I bought flstudio10.com and I made it as a gift for Image-Line, I redirected it to FL studio site, I wanted that site to be a safe one not a scam one. I bought it and offered as gift as a thank you gift for that great software they offered to us.
    I contacted them and they offered me free plugins and I refused. Why this story? To show you that I am not a rude free stuff hunter. To show you that when is quality, my soul is opened.
    Also I have a site dedicated to FL Studio freeware, the biggest community after the FL Studio site ones. Don't tell me about treating people and about money! I spend about 60 dollars monthly to keep it up, I earn nothing. I am not on this site because is free, I am because is a great community, with some minor and second hand exceptions.

20. 605694

I lived in communism.
    In Romania, not Ceausescu was tha bad guy, the men around him was bad ones.
    You all are fake guardians of a fake freedom, no offence! I lived this way 10 years.
    Please close this stupid thread, my fault, sorry!

21. 605694

All these last posts were for 2secondimpression, the guy who cares so much about the poor people in the World so he calls them funkers. I heard this lame tape elsewhere too. This is my last post ever here on Looperman, I should make more music than type.

22. 606872
    WithoutMyArmor : Sun 7th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

While I like your imagery and the points that go along with them, I'd have to disagree with you when you say that suggestions shouldn't be on the forums. The forums are for open expression about whatever we want to talk about. Freedom to express these ideas and concerns that we have about the site with the community, as long as they are expressed in a positive, influential, constructive way, should not be disallowed or looked down upon.

I understand that this site is free, but it is nothing without the community. And it is in fact, the community, that keeps me here. I value the opinions of some musicians/songwriters/producers so much and would love to measure up to even half of what some of the people do here. I am here to learn, I am here to share, and I'm here to (hopefully) better the community anyway I can.

So the point of all this is to say that when we do have opinions about how the site should be ran, how loops should be validated, blah blah blah, I think that it's nice to have an open discussion about it. Maybe someone else can say something better than what you can or get a point across better than you can. As long as we're all wanting the same thing (A better, stronger looper community) than why should it matter who does or doesn't hear our outlooks?

Now that I'm done rambling, I should probably say that I'm actually happy with the current validation system and I was actually only making a small suggestion that may go completely unnoticed or be considered. I just want to make it clear that I do appreciate what the behind the scenes crew does around here. So thanks guys!

23. 606872
    WithoutMyArmor : Sun 7th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Also, the first paragraph:

@MINOR2GO

24. 64965
    DonnieVyros : Sun 7th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

@Lucky= One thing to consider while you're looking at this particular 'issue' is...

The rewards of longevity!
    IE, I seem to recall that you've been on-and-off this site a few times during the years that I've been a member here. I also remember that you tend to be "An hero" with your other accounts. Usually from your stirring up the hornet's nest with your forum posts, or namely, how you overreact to certain things. It being either things like site policy or comments posted to you in threads like this (example, look up and re-read entire thread).

That's not the point of what I'm trying to say here.
    Imagine,
    If you have played it cool back then, you'd probably be on auto-validate status now, so the 'issue' of this thread wouldn't even be relevant, for you at least...

It would be someone else saying something along the same lines.
    Because...
    This 'issue' has been raised before, numerous times before. So much so that its like you're preaching to the choir here.
    Most of us know!
    And what can we do? Comment on it, whine about it, make suggestions for it?
    And the rest of us are left to say the same things, over and over, as if we're stuck in some sorta endless loop (pun optional).
    At this point in time its all rather moot, yes/no?
    It isn't like one day we're going to have the "Magic thread" about this 'issue' that will serve to see us through to the optimal solution. Not to say that it's impossible (but highly, highly improbable).

As for the 'issue' I've said my piece on it before (probably more than once). So I'm not going to bother tugging down the same tired old chains of thought (they're rusted enough as is). A thread like this is predicable (with the things that will be said). So I'll lock it and let everyone get back to making music (or painting their toenails, or washing their hair, or whatever else the kids are doing these days, I don't know).
    But before I do, I will throw out these links to allow folks to skim through the past posts to see how many times this has been brought up...
    https://www.looperman.com/forum/cat/4
    https://www.looperman.com/forum/cat/2

PV/TC,
    -Vyros

25. 64965
    DonnieVyros : Sun 7th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Opps, forgot 1...
    https://www.looperman.com/forum/cat/34

-Vyros

Posts 1 - 25 of 25

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads