How Do I Make Brostep

Posts 1 - 25 of 57
  1. 633242
    ZREIVAX : Thu 4th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Hey everyone :D so I'm really into brostep and dubstep. I try to make brostep but it just sounds like crappy dubstep. I use FL and Massive vst. How do I make brostep?? Like should I add beeps and what not? Also how many massive plugins should I add? It soundS like brostep has like different sounding wobbles. But any help on brostep will b greatly appreiciated. Also I just got albino, z3ta, and predator. K thnx :D

2. 566761
    OdotZED : Thu 4th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

WTF is Brostep??????????

3. 96919
    TaraToxic : Thu 4th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

The opposite to sistep?...

4. 337508
    subSpace : Thu 4th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

ha ha thats funny that genre i have never heard of

5. 538393
    Unknown User : Thu 4th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

I guess if ya cross dubstep and gangsta rap you probably'd get HoStep, hahaha. Crossed with Andrew Lloyd Weber might be ShowStep, and for the powderheads out there we've got BlowStep... but ditto on O.Z, what the heck is BroStep?

6. 287207
    ScreamingZombie : Thu 4th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

yeah, What is brostep bro? I know some pretty weird genres, But not Brostep!!!

7. 512025
    CyberSon : Thu 4th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

WTF? Another "sub" genre of a "sub" genre! I'm too old to keep up with all this lol (mind you, I have just used WTF and lol, so I'm still down wid da kidz, right?)

Apparently it is a genre. Check out the link. Mind you, I read and I'm still none the wiser really.

http://dubstepmassive.net/2010/11/what-is-brostep/

8. 383306
    SGN : Thu 4th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Skrillex, Datsik, Excision etc. - Brostep
    Pinch, Mala, Distance, Ramadanman etc. - Dubstep.

Brostep - Basslines (wobbles) that sound like robots farting, trancey synthlines, simple rhythms. Popularized in America.
    Dubstep - Subbass, lots of space, no other rules. Popuralized in UK.

Basically, brostep is the b*stard child of dubstep.

9. 562523
    digitalSKYY : Thu 4th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Lol...wow...
    Brostep...seriously

10. 446835
    Skhul : Thu 4th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

well if your aiming to make brostep and it sounds like crappy dubstep. I think you may have nailed it! I've heard all sorts of wierd ones out there. Personally i love marleystep and badgerstep :P. I think brostep is the sub genre of dubstep that aims to be as high pitched and annoying as possible and causes the many millions of people to talk about how much the song made them cream. -____- kill it, kill it with fire.

11. 566761

Im gonna invent this ICE COLD style
    Mans will be callin it Snow-Step!!!
    Sample polar bear roars n s*it,wobble them really badly!!!
    Some flappy penguin wings as high hats!!!
    The kids will love it!!!!
    Ice cold hahahahahaha

Its hard to keep up with all these random ass sub-genres!!!

12. 446835

If you do make snowstep, please, please, use pingu sounds. :P

13. 566761

Yeah man haha!!!!

Give it 6 weeks,some-one will post 'How do i make Snow-Step' lol

14. 446835

haha looks like someone beat you to it though :(
    http://soundcloud.com/eyobi-black-canobi/snowstep-1

15. 566761

ill have too settle for a sub-genre of another 8 sub-genres
    and call it Arctic-Step..but i wouldnt be suprised if thats been done too!!!

Just listned to this Bro-step stuff..still i say WTF is it??

16. 633242
    ZREIVAX : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Yeeeeaaaaaahhhhh ok everyone thnx for the great advice? /:D but anyways I'll just stick to ze dubstep for now

17. 642922
    MightyBender : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

HAHAHA! I love the creation of new genre titles, but BROstep? Man... It's probably a high-school kid's offshoot of dubstep. There are a number of new sub-genres that I have found to be widely accepted: Thugstep (probably the closest thing to this Brostep idea, and my track "Purpose of Doom" is a fine example of Thugstep if I don't say so myself :) ... Tripstep, and Chillstep are the two sub-genres that I like the best, and I have a great example of both that I'll be uploading later. Jeez... Brostep... lol. It has no real meaning, not sure I approve. But, I don't really give a **** anyhow, it's funny though.

18. 642922
    MightyBender : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Oh, and, Breakstep is my fav of course, forgot to mention that... However, people often get it confused with a sub-genre of dubstep, which it's not, and also kinda is. Breakstep is more commonly known as 2-step Garage, and was super popular in the 90's USA, mainly on the coasts. Bring it back, but let's just keep the Brostep somewhere in a dark alleyway where it is out of sight.

19. 636839
    simmerdown : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

""Rusko, who is undoubtedly one of the originators of the dubstep subgenre brostep, shares his thoughts on brostep. The audio is from a BBC 1Xtra radio show by MistaJam which aired on December 13, 2010 titled "The Story of Dubstep Episode 2.""

20. 636839
    simmerdown : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEuFTBG0Rbg

21. 601456
    thephilosofist : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Brostep is a pretty well known genre in the electronic scene, I'm surprised most of you don't know the basics behind making it, nevermind not hearing about it.

I like brostep a lot more than I enjoy dubstep, not gonna get into that, but basically combine electro, a 4/4 hip hop beat with a steady kick instead of a one two style, and modulated synths with a catchy hook that work in a determined, unchanging rhythm and you have brostep.

for me I feel with dubstep there is a lot more freedom, but most of it is a lot less commercially viable and less listeneable to my ears. brostep doesn't have to be filthy. y'all should check out ESKMO and Robotic Pirate Monkey, two of the only dub/brostep artists I truly enjoy listening to...they make MUSIC, not just robot fart sounds in sync over a beat. ESKMO is more trancey dubstep, robotic is more electro/hip hop.

22. 286966
    ShowGunProductions : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

@ZREIVAX Take a listen to my latest track "Down the rabbit hole". I think it might be the style your looking for. If so I'll be glad to help you out anyway I can. Peace, Showgun

23. 423563
    2secondimpression : Sat 6th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

cowstep- lots of cow related samples

chillstep- relaxing sparse dubstep

amstep- ambient mix of lfo basslines

tramstep- railroad rythms

real! yes, actual real sub genres of dubstep...

24. 642922
    MightyBender : Sun 7th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

Chillstep, yes, I make that myself. Cowstep? WTF? Where the hell did you see Cowstep?

25. 642922
    MightyBender : Sun 7th Aug 2011 : 8 years ago

I wanna punch this message. Everything about it is wrong.

Posts 1 - 25 of 57

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads