Whats Your Favourite Musical App For Your Smart Phone

Posts 1 - 15 of 15
  1. 1
    Looperman : Wed 3rd Aug 2011 : 7 years ago I thought that seeing as i just upgraded my phone to a new smartphone i would see what everyone else has to say on the world of apps for smart phones and tablets.

This post is also because i created a new forum category to store posts regarding the use of iphones, ipads, android smart phones and other devices in the music world.
  2. 258735
    LazarusBlack : Wed 3rd Aug 2011 : 7 years ago I have a HTC Windows phone..it came with Zune,which is great..i upload playlists,albums,entire movies,and any kinda media in general..youtube mobile is another good app.
  3. 620343
    uberstrat : Wed 3rd Aug 2011 : 7 years ago I had a smartphone once, I got rid of it though because it didn't appear to be all that smart, however, when somebody manages to come up with an app that can cook the dinner and wash the pots and pans then I might invest in another one.
  4. 435773
    BrokenScythe : Wed 3rd Aug 2011 : 7 years ago Wow...a whole forum dedicated to mobile music apps
    I would have loves this even more when I first started lol.
    ok Nanostudio is awesome. The dev is very responsive and focused. BeatMaker 2 is great as well but Colin (the dev) is very unorganized.
    Both are must haves for production in a mobile device imo
    For non hip hop though, Nanostudio is overall the best choice. For hip hop I get both.
    Thanks for making this forum Shan!
  5. 612029
    Unknown User : Mon 14th Nov 2011 : 6 years ago OK I use music apps quiet a bit mainly for the ipad as i find my iphone a little bit fiddly to use with the small screen.
    One app for the iphone that i think is amazing as a sketch pad for songs is iMashine its only just been released and you can think of it as the baby brother of the full blown Mashine from Native Instruments. You have the full blown drum groove box and a choice of two keyboards, audio vocal / sample channel and a mixer with effects. You can create some good stuff on the hop then upload your tracks to sound cloud directly or save the files so that you can work on them on the full blown Mashine system.. If your a Mashine lover it really is a no brainer app..
    Another great app. to consider is Rebirth from Propellerhead that is a interated song studio containing TR808 - TR909 classic drum machines and two TB303 bass synths.. Its very retro and alot of fun if your into the old acid and hip hop stuff.. The Korg iKaossilator is a must have aswell for the iphone.
    For Ipad I have to say the Korg IMS20 is amazing and i use a complete studio program called isequence that is complete DAW system with lots of features..

I'm a big fan of mobile music production and the quality is superb.. Create mobile and then use the loops in your main DAW programs, its the way to go IMO.. MAV
  6. 13
    Unknown User : Sun 18th Dec 2011 : 6 years ago Well of course some of my favorite apps are by Sound Trends like Looptastic and Meta.Dj Folks who know me will know why ;-)

Also I am totally geeked on NanoStudio for my iPad and JUST got this new synth TC-11 is wicked http://ipadloops.com/tc-11-ipad-synth/

TC-11 is really fun to play an it sounds like something from another universe. Could use a preview button though when skipping through presets but other than that it's wicked.
  7. 538393
    Unknown User : Sun 18th Dec 2011 : 6 years ago My favourite app on my phone is the dial button... remember those... back when phones were for talking to people instead of flying spaceships with? Haha, my phone's the dumbass variety... but I can still ring people.
  8. 366784
    yeshintae : Sun 18th Dec 2011 : 6 years ago A Looper App...
    It'd be amazing... Ahahahahaha
    :P

Peace from LA
  9. 538393
    Unknown User : Mon 19th Dec 2011 : 6 years ago ...iLoop
  10. 600461
    visionarysoundsystem : Sun 29th Jan 2012 : 6 years ago Just got a SE Experia Arc S today and am busy searching for apps. Advice please fellow loopers. Thanx
  11. 63133
    RogueAi : Sun 29th Jan 2012 : 6 years ago If I had an i-pad or i-phone, I'd definitely get the Animoog app.
  12. 655529
    Dooka : Sun 29th Jan 2012 : 6 years ago there are loads of dj apps outthere, none of which are anygood. however there is an awesome app called songkick that scans what music you have on your phone and then tells you when and where there are gigs on for artist in your library. you can also set it for a local radius and it tells you what is going on music wise.
    its pretty cool.
    Also live 365 gives you like 100,000 radio stations for free.

also GlassPong
  13. 13
    Unknown User : Wed 29th Feb 2012 : 6 years ago I disagree Dooka, there are some decent Dj apps out there. Try meta.dj by sound trends for example. Check it out , not your typical Dj app. Allows you to beatmatch and mix songs BUT it also has an instrument called Looptastic for mixing in loops! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdXNfsv_NEI
  14. 666289
    FreeRadical : Wed 29th Feb 2012 : 6 years ago Thread started 3rd of August 2011!!!???

Once again it's "night of the living thread!"

Time to lock yourselves in a shopping mall and grab yourself a shot gun!
  15. 488125
    Nkillz : Fri 7th Dec 2012 : 5 years ago How do y'all make music using Smart phones?
Posts 1 - 15 of 15

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured RnB Track