Who Makes The Best Sample Packs

Posts 1 - 25 of 35
  1. 340647
    Phyruis : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago having in the past downloaded or brought loop/sample packs that are complete trash... started me wondering if you had to advise someone on Loops/samples and loop/sample packs....what would you say?

who really has the best quality samples(other than here at the loop!!)...

I personally would like to Champion BIG FISH their sample packs are just awesome and seem to very well thought through...

my least fav have got to be PRIME LOOPS they seem to have got lazy ...their samples/loops are poor quality rubbish at times.. I have felt cheated by them more than once.... and have seen and downloaded better quality samples for FREE...
  2. 620343
    uberstrat : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago I have various loops (lots of them) I was lucky that a DJ I know gave me about 1000+ meg worth of loops on a few cd's, I have used vengeance loops before and I've used loops from here (made my best track with those)Yay Looperman! Some of the free ones are pretty cool, I think the likes of vengeance are more handy for some people because all the mastering levels and panning ect have already been done on them. Personally I'm trying to get away from using loops ,my last track contained no loops. Some of the free loops are ok but you can tell the difference between the quality compared to some.
  3. 379853
    Alen9R : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago I usually buy samples/kits on loopermasters!
    I must admit that some of the packs a little pricey, but for anything else, I do not have any complaints!
  4. 1
    Looperman : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago Good thread.

I changed the title by the way to make it more obvious.

As you know we promote some of the sites that make loop packs and earn commissions from any sales when you go there via a link or banner on looperman.

That said though I have not tried any of the loop packs on sale and its always good to hear what people bought and what they thought of them.

Ive spoken to a few people about getting copies of loop packs to review. Its not something I have the time to do though. If any of you can write good reviews then get in touch and Ill see what we can do. It would be good to have a reviews section where we review sample packs.
  5. 220346
    Peres : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago Prime Loops are good for certain genres,although Loopmasters I think gives you more bang for your buck, you just get more I think.Both produce good quality professinal sounding loops in my opinion. I have heard great things on reviews about Big Fish Audio and may give them a try. That being said though Prime Loops is used by many popular producers and it's samples feature in many hit songs on the charts.
  6. 340647
    Phyruis : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago yeah... prime loops seem to be ok as long as what you want to achieve is mainstream or hiphop/rap...

the dnb and dubstep packs tend to be very repetitive and not much use to man or beast
  7. 583767
    eshar : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago I've mostly purchased Loopmasters loops...they are pretty good. They can be quite expensive but the quality just about justifies the price. Primeloops are definitely a mixed bag. I've purchased vocal stuff mostly and I think it's generally hard to get good vocals so that might explain why I wasn't overly impressed.
    ModernBeats are another site that maybe the hype is better than the loops.

FatLoud loops seem pretty good quality although I haven't purchased any of their loops yet but have auditioned their demos.
    http://www.fatloopshop.com/
  8. 158799
    alividlife : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago Big Fish is hella hella expensive tho right?

I have never gone there...

I used to buy Loopmasters, and I look for my favorite techno artists that make sample packs...

Wouldn't it be cool if Rock Bands from the states made loop packs?
    (yeah yeah I know, Indaba)

But yea.. I kinda opted out and bought instruments instead =)
  9. 158799
    alividlife : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago If it's drums tho

Toontracks Superior drummer (around $300 dollars US)
    and then XLN addictive drums (around $150 dollars)
    make my Yamaha stage custom an act of futility lol

Ultimately I like a really good sampler tho..

I really really like everything I hear about Big Fish.. and then.. what is that orchestrae thing...

I have "heard" that a lot of stuff in movies is done with MOTU and Vienna Symphonic Library...

Like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter or whatever.
  10. 158799
    alividlife : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago http://vsl.co.at/
  11. 605694
    LuckyFlaush : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago Prime Loops for sure! Best packs for crunk, hip hop and rnb dance. Also for house music I recommend No Dough. Spunkface Samplers also have some cool and CHEAP samples for mnml and house.
  12. 63133
    RogueAi : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago I would reccomend BHK, Goldbaby, and Zenhiser. They make great drum samples.
  13. 152969
    AcidParadox : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago loopmaster and sample magic
  14. 372886
    Bilbozo : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago Loopemasters, Big Fish Audio, Prime Loops as said are great.

Sony Acid Loops, Best Service and Ueberschall are other ones that come to mind.
  15. 379853
    Alen9R : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago https://www.producerloops.com/On-Sale.html

Producerloops.....They have great discounts!
    A year ago I bought a 4GB Pack for 20$!
    Most importantly, the quality of samples/loops/kits is great!
  16. 379853
    Alen9R : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago (btw this is a good site to look for good packs, they do not make sample packs!)
  17. 303225
    Chad360 : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago I will still have to go with Sonys 8 pack http://www.acidplanet.com/downloads/8Packs/?T=5233
    They give a new one every week and I have been downloading them for two years.
    I have an awsome sound library when I need it.
    Some packs will be absolutley useless, but more times than not, golden.
  18. 265632
    WeazelBeats : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago I have ALOT of sample packs from www.vengeance-sound.com
    they're pretty expensive but soooo worth it imo
  19. 71369
    Unknown User : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago Loopmasters and the ones from Sony Sound Series..... geahhh!!!! Oh... and Looperman as well, eh eh. Sometimes u can find some "treasures" in here lol
  20. 583767
    eshar : Fri 22nd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago @Chad360- agreed about Sony, in fact your post has reminded me that I've been forgetting to download the 8 packs :(
  21. 589130
    Spd2 : Sat 23rd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago I love the diversity Big Fish Audio has to offer. Although I agree they're a bit pricey, but they cover so much ground. I also like Prime Loops, Sony Sound Series, and LoopMasters.
  22. 340647
    Phyruis : Sat 23rd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago you know I've never heard of sony packs... is it something that comes with running a sony DAW?
  23. 583767
    eshar : Sat 23rd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago @PhyruisBlackJack - as well as downloading the 8 packs you can download a free version of Acid Xpress 7.0, but to be honest I could never get to grips with the software...I just used the loops with the software I was already using.
  24. 55357
  25. 340647
    Phyruis : Sat 23rd Jul 2011 : 6 years ago nice one brother
Posts 1 - 25 of 35

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Dubstep Track