A Remix Forum

Posts 1 - 25 of 69
  1. 340647
    Phyruis : Sun 10th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

hey brother and sister....

having recently had loads of fun remixing elaines and spivkurls tracks ... I was wondering if it would be possible to have a thread or a forum heading that was strictly for people offering up stems for remixing ...

whatcha think?

2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 10th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

Sounds like a good idea! Seeing as it's not strictly a "collaboration" and mine got booted from "just for fun".

3. 340647

really it was fun.... so not sure why it would be .... ah well

4. 609523
    3rdNippleMusic : Sun 10th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

I think thats a wicked idea.. !

5. 340647

but yet just 3 answers...maybe not.... just had a lot of fun with it and I thought others might too

6. 609523
    3rdNippleMusic : Sun 10th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

I love remixing and getting remixed, I have a small remixes page here if you're interested (may add more real soon)

http://3rdnipplemusic.com/index.php?page=remixes

well, it's a start ; )

7. 139384
    brokenbeats : Mon 11th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

Only a few replies, but the post only started today I think...give it time.

This is a good idea. There should be an area to post remixes (but only links to the remix, since having the remix playing from a looperman music player is not cool-- per the terms of the site).

I've done a couple that are pretty good (from what other people tell me), and it'd be cool to have a specific forum section on looperman for posting links to remixes.

I guess the "Just for Fun" section gets a bunch of extra other stuff, so remixes can get lost in those random topics.

8. 157207
    StarTropix : Mon 11th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

I like this idea, i think its great.

9. 265632
    WeazelBeats : Mon 11th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

yup! u got my thumbs up for this PBJ!

10. 605220
    Ensam : Mon 11th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

Absolutely a good idea. Surprised noone has come up with it before.

Simon

11. 340647
    Phyruis : Mon 11th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

so how would it be set out?

for me I think it should be a forum just for remix stems ...as the tracks would be allowed to be posted in the normal fashion because they would be remixes of fellow loopers....

and I don't think this counts as colabing ...but I might be alone in that...

so I think you would have to post a link to your stems you've uploaded somewhere in a rar or zip pack .... the bpm of said stems...

...simple....

any one else got any other ideas?

12. 274483
    xXSecretScienceXx : Mon 11th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

this is great idea, keeping it simple would make it easier for ppl to do, just keep it as a stem forum.

however it would also be cool if included with the stems the sample of the sound or sounds you used in the stem, as so you could cut it up, or do something different with it.

but please if you release the song, let the rightful person know and show some credit where credit is due.

and yes .rar
    .zip
    and bpm please....

ill make a pack up tommorow if i dont have to work :D
    have a good night looperville

13. 1
    Looperman : Mon 11th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

yes, this one has legs.

come up with some ideas and ill create a new forum and set of guidelines for posting

14. 158799
    alividlife : Mon 11th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

I am an absolute fan of everything you, spivkrul, and Elaine do..

My problem.. I think more has to do with the forum coding in general.

I would prefer one of the more popular user site (name one) that have better coding to specifics concerning forums.

Albeit the forum on this site in general has a great concept of community and communication across many types of styles and whatnot..

But navigating this site can be kinda grrrrrrrr...

(PLEASE KNOW i have NOTHING but admiration for everything this community stands for)

But it would help a lot of stuff could get stickied and there was a streamlined "tree-geographic-centric" architecture to the whole layout.

Nonetheless, I think a remix thread is brilliant.

But I wax and wane on the lack of consistency with broad ideas in general on this site.

Please please please do not take this with a grain a pepper, but perhaps a grain of salt.. as I just feel the update for this site needs to happen more than a thread dedicated to remixes.

(I remixed both, you will never hear anything I do cause it sucks lolz)

15. 265632
    WeazelBeats : Mon 11th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

does the person who gives us the stems HAVE TO upload an original version of the song to looperman?
    I'd say that's a must cuz you coudn't call it a remix otherwise lol

16. 340647

ok abe.... thanks....I think!!

so.... anyway....

what I think we should say is all stems should be SEPARATE mp3 files in 128mp3 (to minimise the file size)

I'm not sure about hosting the files... I know that Rolla has had problems with MEDIAFIRE and virus's...

anyone got any ideas where we could upload the files?

17. 340647

@weazelbeats... why couldn't we?

I've uploaded remixing of fellow loopers here... I got two on my profile now....

18. 337508
    subSpace : Mon 11th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

im in sounds good great idea a remix thread would be cool and yes i did have a lethal virus and it was bad so i am more cautious over file sharing sites now i use sendspace as this seems more better

19. 620343
    uberstrat : Mon 11th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

Why can't they be uploaded on here if they are in mp3 form? I don't like going to other random sites.

20. 340647

I like that idea... but that would mean adding a whole section to every ones profile rather than a forum... wouldn't it?

21. 620343

Can't they have a section like they do for acapellas and loops but specifically for stems? I don't know what they plan on doing with the new website changes but it would be good to see this.

22. 340647

ok...

so what would be the rules for uploading?

what file size limit do you put on them?

would the tracks have to be validated?

23. 620343

Rules for uploading, if the stems are from a track that has already been placed in the track section(and are not in breach of copyright unless permitted)) for review then they should be ok to use for stems. Preferably in sections (not exceeding) the allowed file size.

File size, I wouldn't know that is down to looperman.

WeazelBeats mentioned about the artist uploading the original song, that can work both ways, you could use the song as inspiration or you could just have the stems and do your own version,(without hearing the original) the latter way would be more of a challenge and make way for some interesting results. The original could be uploaded later to see the differences.

Just my thinking on this.

24. 340647

yeah your right brother...

.... I think you'd have to upload the original song because it would be a copyright issue otherwise.. if you choose to listen to it thats up to you...

....there could be a section in the track upload page to insert the name of the original artist so's they would get a nod...

25. 334474
    WaPer : Mon 11th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

Good idea PJB... maybe ill give a try to remix something ;)

Cheers!

Posts 1 - 25 of 69

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads