Whats Good Professional Dubstep Software

Posts 1 - 12 of 12
  1. 633242
    ZREIVAX : Fri 8th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

Hey everyone :D so I'm Interested in getting professional dubstep software. I currently have FL Studio but I heard that it's not that good when making dubstep. I'm honestly thinking about going pro with dubstep. And I know that the software isn't the music creator, it's me and I know that it won't make my music better and I also know that most of you will tell me to stick to FL to practice on but I am willing to put ALL my time and effort into my music. Anyways I heard that Reason and Sony Acid Pro are good software for dubstep but what do you think? Honestly I'd rather practice on professional software than on amateur.

2. 423563
    2secondimpression : Fri 8th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

logic, fruity loops, ableton, reason i love ableton tbh its a beast of a production tool.

3. 612029
    Unknown User : Fri 8th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

I think you'll find FL studio about as good as any other software to record your music. You might want to add NI Massive or Razor VST seperately. I use Reason for my Dubstep if you want to get an idea of the type of sounds you can create inside the Reason rack then check out "Fire Straight Outta London" on my track listing. Good luck with your music creation, Dubstep is so much fun to make. ;-)

4. 558188
    Zelab : Fri 8th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

i love using a variation of softwear e.g reason then fruityloops and ableton and a lot of plugins as mav mentioned MAssive and razor it's what most pro's use anyway

5. 558188
    Zelab : Fri 8th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

Sorry for double post but i wasnt finnished lol! It's not all about softwear tho yo u could use a freeware synth and still get the disired sound. it's just knowing how to use what you have and i sugegst learning all the basic synths that come with ur DAW first because they will teach you the basics of how almost ever other synth works

6. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Fri 8th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

I wouldn't call FL studio amateur... It really does depend on the person using the software in the first place. There's at least one pro that's had chart topping tracks in the UK just by using FL studio...

But looking at your profile quickly you say that you are a beginner when it comes to this sort of thing?? I would strongly recommend getting to know the in's and out's of a less complex DAW like FL studio before moving on to the pro stuff.

If you're STRUGGLING to get the dubstep sounds you need, check out some tutorials on youtube :)

7. 452189
    RotenBeats : Fri 8th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

just to let u know deadmau5 uses fl studio and spor and many other pro's its u that makes the music , think of this when u make a cup of tea if u have a blue cup and a red cup the tea will taste the same, lol stupid but its tru like a daw its all the same its jus wats easiest to use ,

8. 337508
    subSpace : Fri 8th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

fruity loops is very good for dubstep wow the poizone vst and toxic biohazard are very good for making wobbles and then its your drum kits which fl has any way and sytrus and what not for melodies and fx. but like i stated before you seem mis informed on music production and it seems to be that you want to start right in the deep end you can not run till you have learned to walk i hope that make sense but i still reckon that maybe magix music maker or ejay would be a better option ejay dance 7 was my first daw when i started making music then i moved to fruity loops 9 now i have fruity loops 10 but at the same time because i got use to making music on fl i wanted to up my game so i moved onto ableton 8 and reason 4 what i am basicly saying is that from what i have listed shows i have climbed from a novice daw to a pro daw plus youtube is a good place

Rolla g

9. 435773
    BrokenScythe : Fri 8th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

there is no such thing as "Pro" or "novice" DAWs dude...
    Perfect analogy. I play paintball. I have a cruddy "novice"DAWs gun that was a gift from my stepdad. Cost him only 130you dollars. I've had it for 6the years.
    I have no special gear. No camo and I use my old middle school back pack for mobile storage of pods and tools.
    Meanwhile you got guys with 500dollar guns, all the best supportive and electric equipment.

Ill whoop their @$$ anyway because they don't know how to play. They just bought all kinds of gear and figured that'll pull em along.

Same goes for DAWs. You can buy all the equipment, VSTs and create@p you want...
    Don't rush. I know you didn't want people to say that but its true. You have ambition. That's all you need. Start small, learn and practice.

10. 633242
    ZREIVAX : Sat 9th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

Ok awesome. thnx for all the advice :D

11. 428102
    adamms : Sat 9th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

well if your looking for that dub step sound. instead of looking for software maybe looking into getting inexpensive synthesizer to work with.

12. 620343
    uberstrat : Sat 9th Jul 2011 : 8 years ago

Pick a music software and stick to it, all this time spent chopping and changing is wasting valuable learning time, get to know the software you have chosen, watch tutorials (lots and lots)read the help sections within the programme. Google is your friend, if you are not sure of how to do something then look it up and start making music! There is no obstacle you cannot overcome, its power of the mind, if you want to achieve in making good music then you will do exactly that.

Posts 1 - 12 of 12

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads