Should You Be Pre Authorised To Upload Loops

Posts 1 - 25 of 60
  1. 1
    Looperman : Sat 25th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

As you may or may not know some users are pre authorised to upload loops and acapellas. What this means is anything they upload does not sit in a queue and get checked by me before its available on the site.

This is done to try and ensure quality.

I choose who gets pre authorised status based on the quality of the stuff they upload as well as the titles and descriptions they give their uploads. Basically if I consistently see that I never have to edit, move to a correct category or genre or deny uploads by certain users they get the green light.

The idea of this thread is for anyone who feels they should be given pre auth status for their uploads but at the moment dont have it.

be sure to read this thread first before asking

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/30107

Ill check the uploads of anyone who asks and let you know in here if its a yes or a no and if its a no Ill let you know why.

2. 605220
    Ensam : Sat 25th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

I had it in my previous life as Ensam so maybe nice to have again as I wanna re-upload all the loops that got deleted with my account.

Simon

3. 510808
    spunkywacko : Sat 25th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

Can I raise a small point?

When I upload a loop, it takes a bit of time till you approve, thats cool.

But when they do get accepted, they get 'sorted' according to the date I uploaded, not to the date accepted, hence they go all way back to page 10+?

4. 526890
    ST3RL1NG : Sat 25th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

It would be cool of i did , but if its a no then thats ok ?? :)

sterling.

5. 1
    Looperman : Sat 25th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

Simon - thats now sorted

Waco - Yeh thats a problem for now as i dont do them every day and I see it that its better for them to be together as they are uploaded rather then all having the same date. Sometimes it can go weeks before I get a chance to validate them.

Sterling - yours were checked and pre auth was set on your account today already.

6. 526890
    ST3RL1NG : Sat 25th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

Thanks Looperman, I did'nt realize .

sterling.

7. 605220
    Ensam : Sat 25th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

Thanks Shan, guess I'd better get uploading then lol

8. 609523
    3rdNippleMusic : Sat 25th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

it's always nice, but you know me... derp ; )

9. 439229
    mrE : Sat 25th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

i think i should. i was pre authorized before.

10. 558188
    Zelab : Sat 25th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

ive been making loops for a while in wav format just i need a converter to make the mp3 files.. it would be nice to have auto auth i know the site rules and i dont fancy a ban so im not going to fool about and upload anything not mine :P

11. 583767
    eshar : Sun 26th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

@zelab - you could use audacity to convert to mp3

12. 522740
    bonusbmusic : Sun 26th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

personally im pretty frustrated with how long ive waited for validation. I posted a few quick ones planning to upload more but have lost interest over time waiting. 80% of the loops on here are garbage anyways so why does it matter?

judging from the quality ive seen members like planetjazzbass, shortbusmusic, minor2go ect. are the few that stand out with something good and useful

13. 64965
    DonnieVyros : Sun 26th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

@bonusb= That's a great attitude to have towards the process (way to swing for the fence there). Like has been brought up and discussed several times before, same answer applies to you- Be patient & in the meantime focus on other things here.

I can sympathize with you as the current system is a bit frustrating regarding that. Though the site is run by one guy at the moment (imagine how daunting managing all of this has to be). Yet, Looperman has informed us that he is working on building a new version of this site (probably why he started this tread, ya know?). And this is a chance for people to give their thoughts on the matter (and if ya think about it, which would garnish better results- constructive thoughts or smart alec comments?).

@Looperman= Cool topic mate. Though TBH the subject title kinda scared me at first (thinking that it was a general all-call on the topic, like you were opening up the flood gates). I think we may have discussed this before, but my thoughts here are pretty much the same.
    ---"Have a certain reg upload number folks have to reach before they are either A.) put on a list that you could review & check off who gets set to auto-validate (would save you the time of having to ask or trying to remember who the good contributors are) or B.) granted auto-validate status automatically."---
    I won't throw out any suggestions as to what that pre-ceiling number could/should be (because that's something I think you should decide for yourself if ya go this route).

Second idea I had here (again, probably been mentioned before). Stems from the current way you handle the whole work-load (and slightly extended/modified from that one convo we had about mod duties a few weeks ago). Basically it goes something like this...
    ---"Split up the work-load to certain folks who you could trust with the review/validation process. These folks would be like mods (or lite-mods). And they could either handle both Loops & Acapellas (or just one of them, depending on who it is or how much you want to spread this out). Or you could just try this out with Acapellas first (as a test) while still maintaining the Loops yourself."---
    If you'd like to discuss this more shoot me a message. Later on!

-Vyros

14. 583767

@bonusbmusic- I just read your other thread and responded.
    I mean to say that the majority of loops are garbage seems kind of harsh and is not really going to endear you to too many people.
    The guys you've mentioned have auto-validation and that's because the quality of their loops are spot on.

I agree about it being frustrating though...but I can understand why Shan (Looperman) keeps it that way.

15. 416676
    Koukotsu : Sun 26th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

I think I should!

Because when I deleted my first account way back when I had already been pre-authorized, lol.

16. 116269
    DextDee : Sun 26th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

hahaha, i knew u would be back Jessica!!! and yes, u need to get auto validated :D

17. 566750
    Maxomunz : Sun 26th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

Me Please!!I would upload soooo many more loops if I got pre-authorised.I only have two in my account.

18. 158799
    alividlife : Sun 26th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

Perhapz... Well, here's my thoughts, on the "Garbage Comment"

Humn... wait.. no nevermind..

I hate free stuff too now that I think about it.
    It takes all the fun out of doing it yerself.
    But anywayz...

Most of my loops are aborted ideas at best, and I am always baffled with the works I hear created from them.

There's a couple dudes out there that make some awesome loops, but quickly lose interest like bonusbmusic. You really gotta DIG to find some good stuff... And there's amazing loops of EPIC proportions IF YOU DIG deep enough...
    (go seahawks btw....)

But how would you feel it if I called your loops garbage or run-of-the-mill?... wait wait.. no no.. I don't want a flame war, and I apologize for my above comment... But whether you like one loop you would be surprised how well it works for another individual...

One mans Trance loop is another mans garbage I suppose... But also, ... When it comes to anything loops wise, I just look for sparks of ideas, and then I always try and completely destroy any loop I download from this site..

You could probably give me a loop of barf and fart noises and I could make it work.

But anyway.. yea... I would encourage more people to create loops and get involved in that fashion, but I also think..
    How about an anonymous systems where people can quickly rate how useful a loop is? (whether the said individual release it or not?)... I know the download function and review function works like that already... but perhaps if someone gets like... 400 downloads they are auto-verfied?... i dunnoz.

So there'd be an internal based consensus of who is making good loops or not, without ruffling feathers... None of your time reading e-mails :)

But ultimately I agree with Donnie here..

Elaine is the GODDESS of loops,.. I vote her.
    shrug.

19. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Sun 26th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

Audacity is a program that will do that, and it's free.

20. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Sun 26th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

I think auto validation should be earned. If you submit quality work, whatever it may be, then you've proved yourself. But if its your first time your work shoud be validated first. I had to wait, it was a little deflating, but the responses were well worth waiting for! If your work is good, don't worry about the wait, if it isn't, go back to the drawing board and make some changes so you can do better. Isn't that why we're here?

21. 444193
    StereoMathematics : Sun 26th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

"How about an anonymous systems where people can quickly rate how useful a loop is? (whether the said individual release it or not?)... I know the download function and review function works like that already... but perhaps if someone gets like... 400 downloads they are auto-verfied?."
    that is pure zen.

22. 583767

@stereomathematics - there's always a slim chance that someone will try to rig the results by downloading loads of their own loops...and even as I type that I realise that I sound paranoid and perhaps have been out in the sun too long lol, but it has happened with tracks in the past.

At the end of the day Shan is actually asking people to ask him for auto-validation...not asking for suggestions as to who should be...if you feel confident ask...but if not keep on grinding until you get the nod I guess.

23. 562523
    digitalSKYY : Sun 26th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

Godddd...
    People need to seriously be patient.
    Can you imagine being one guy running this whole site?

For the comment about junk loops ...wow...
    What a _______. Sorry, i dont want to get banned for saying something stupid.

I said i was gonna be away from this site for like a month a week ago but when i read stupid comments it is kind of hard not too. Now i know why minor2go banned himself from the forum's...

24. 444193
    StereoMathematics : Sun 26th Jun 2011 : 8 years ago

@miss sharp
    thats kinda sad that people would do that. but i was just saying that alivid had a good idea there, i dont really upload loops but when i feel the need to download some, some kind of system to find and promote super deluxe quality loops would be nice.

25. 583767

@Stereomathematics - yeah apologies I realised when I re-read the thread that it was abe/alivid who said it and you were just quoting his suggestion back and saying that you thought it a good idea...I would say the same to him though...and as he's been on the site donkeys years he also knows about all the various shenanigans that have gone on in the past lol

Posts 1 - 25 of 60

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads