Christian Slater Hater

Posts 1 - 12 of 12
  1. 613966
    Unknown User : Mon 6th Jun 2011 : 10 years ago

Ah, I lament the fallen heros of my youth. Christian Slater, once one of the coolest dudes in Hollywood (Heathers, Pump up the Volume) has become a yuppie.

Emilio Esteves, star of THE greatest film of the 1900s "Repo Man" and the pretty cool "Young Guns". What happened?

Keifer Sutherland, Ferris Bueler, that dude from the Pretty in Pink movie, even (gasp), Anthony Michael Hall.

How could such "alternative" icons of Hollywood become such conformists? Such anti-former-self icons?

The answer isn't very easy, but I believe it has something to do with a concept I call THE PANTS OF FREEDOM.

What is THE PANTS OF FREEDOM, you ask.

The PANT OF FREEDOM are sensible pants, such as Khaki dockers or slacks. Much like the Roman Empire TOGA of yore, wearing these pants instills in you "respectability" in society.

When someone says that you need to "grow up", you MIGHT think they are talking about becoming "responsible". Really, the are referring to wearing these pants and becoming the PANT's lifestyle.

Sure, not EVERYONE must wear these pants to "make it" (i.e. stay out of prison/mental hospital/poverty/homelessness), but (let's face it) many do.

There comes a time in a young man's life when life becomes very strange. People seem strange. Every drug experience becomes an exercise in paranoia (a bad trip).

This occurred with me when I was 19. Life just seemed to stop working. The only possible direction seemed to be the gutter or a mental hospital.

About this time I took up the PANTS OF FREEDOM lifestyle. I decided to concentrate on college. I drank beer instead of doing illegal drugs. I watched sporting events on television. And, you know what? Like magic, life returned to normal.

I can't say that all young men go through this phase. Perhaps it only affects some subconsciously. It might not even happen until later on in life. But I DO know that it DOES exist.

As a note, it took me YEARS to finally get off those G-DAMN PANTS OF FREEDOM and FINALLY return to my OWN SELF. It IS possible, but the path is SO LONG and filled with SO MANY obsticles, that it wouldn't surprise me if some people never were able to remove those pants.

This, I think, is what happened to my teenage heroes:
    Christian Slater=Dark Khakis
    Johhny Depp=Cool Slacks
    Anthony Michael Hall=Light Khakis
    Kiefer Sutherland=Dress Slacks
    Ted (not Bill)=A variety

Can a person survive in this world without wearing these PANTS ever? That is extremely experimental....

Defeat the PANTS and you will change the world forever!

2. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Mon 6th Jun 2011 : 10 years ago

What's wrong with you man?!?!?

For the past 2 days you've been starting threads that have no connection whatsoever with the real world out there. Try and keep it on music and don't think so much.

-Malu-

3. 562523
    digitalSKYY : Mon 6th Jun 2011 : 10 years ago

what the hell

4. 593650
    Unknown User : Mon 6th Jun 2011 : 10 years ago

Just a surrealists point of view....the dude amuses me, makes his point with a lot of depth as well. Personally I never thought Slater was cool. Good that you recognise slacks as the signifier of the abandonment of rebellion and youth, I see the pastel polo shirt with optional flipped up collar as such a sign.

5. 636839
    simmerdown : Mon 6th Jun 2011 : 10 years ago

haha

huh?

6. 439229
    mrE : Mon 6th Jun 2011 : 10 years ago

funny stuff

7. 366784
    yeshintae : Mon 6th Jun 2011 : 10 years ago

this guy is probably on a MULTITUDE OF DRUGS~

my kinda guy ahahahahaha

Peace from LA

8. 157207
    StarTropix : Mon 6th Jun 2011 : 10 years ago

this thread blew my mind

9. 83445
    JohnBoutilier : Mon 6th Jun 2011 : 10 years ago

Now that is a sense of humour :-)

10. 444193
    StereoMathematics : Mon 6th Jun 2011 : 10 years ago

pants of freedom? sounds like pants of conformity. you will be assimilated.

11. 174317
    smallpaul : Mon 6th Jun 2011 : 10 years ago

When I grow up I want to be Charlie Sheen!!! ha ha

12. 493780
    theFISHface : Mon 6th Jun 2011 : 10 years ago

WTH??????

Keep it on the music mate!?!

I'm with Malu
    theFISHface

Posts 1 - 12 of 12

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.