Idea To Help Japan

Posts 1 - 25 of 29
  1. 318753
    DJsDragoN : Thu 17th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

Hello everyone! All of you have probably heard of the recent events and tragedy that occured in Japan.While listening to the events on the news I came up with an idea to help these people and all that has befallen them.What if we get together and produce an album containing tracks that we created inspired by Japan.It could be any style and somehow to raise money with this that would go to an organization that helps these people that have lost everything.What do you all think? Any ideas and suggestions of how this could be done? Won't it be great if we could use our music to help out?

2. 482446
    Angel95 : Thu 17th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

Yea!! sounds like a good idea, i recently just finished an instumental fully dedicated to all the people in Japan

3. 558898
    Skyhunter : Thu 17th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

We could set up a Soundcloud set for this too.

4. 318753

Nice man! Good to hear it! :-) I'm working on one as well these days! Lets get more involved and have our music help people! :-) Suggestions and ideas welcome people! Maybe someone can come up with how it can be accomplished.

5. 318753

@skyhunter. Good idea man! Lets set it up!

6. 558898

Alright. Do you have an account? Mine's on my profile. I'm working on the song now.

7. 372886
    Bilbozo : Thu 17th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

Okay. Do we have any volunteers? Preferable ones that know how to sell the music. I figure you need about 6 people on your production team.

8. 372488
    CrashTheSystem : Thu 17th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

Im alreay working on a track with another lady here on the loop.

9. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 17th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

The sentiment is good but the prospect of actually pulling anything together is minimal..I don't want to come across as putting this down,I'm just thinking practically..There was a similar attempt to raise money for a well fund in Africa 3 years ago,needless to say it ended in acrimony...And there's another aspect..people do not buy music anymore..I've never seen any group project that's been organised on this site develop into an ongoing financial success in the form of selling music...you'd be far better to organise a charitable collection drive in your own local area..then donate any funds directly to an aid agency...again this is not putting you down but unless there's a viable monetary outcome,it's a waste of time.

10. 558898

We can at least organize it and show that we are thinking of them.

I never sell my own music. Selling tracks for other people to sell is where it's at. :P

11. 216138
    lofthouse : Thu 17th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

It can be done.
    You need to use all your resources to do it.Think of every way to turn it into reality.
    I have been on an almost two year campaign to raise awareness of fire hazards,as I lost a very dear little person,lost in a fire at his home.
    All I can say is Never give up,if you want to make this happen,stick to your guns and it will eventually reach the ears of the people that it needs to reach to make it possible!
    Believe me,it's no easy task,you need to put your heart and soul into it,BUT,just keep working and believing and you will gradually find your way to the right places!
    Charity work is hard and takes all you've got,but if you can help even one person with this campaign,you have achieved so very much.Saving one life,helping one person ,is so very very valuable to somebody out there.
    Keep on going,keep on trying,Never give up!

12. 459957
    Mrbillionx : Thu 17th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

I would suggest a chipin link be put on looperman

with looperman himself making the donation to Japan.

Rather than wasting efforts hoping people buy an album

just to hand those funds over to japan.

its faster to just donate here from the members we have and we can send people to donate from the link here on looperman site itself.

You can make the donation link here simple and easy.

http://www.chipin.com/overview

Take action now instead of later!!

maybe even giving the album away to people that donate say $10 or more.

That is if the album can even be completed - as the people in Japan need HELP NOW not when the album is worked and compiled.

Just my thoughts on the subject

13. 372886
    Bilbozo : Fri 18th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

Mr Billion has a good idea there. At least the administrative part could be easily implemented. Everyone here is full of ideas, but likley not a lot know how or want ot to put those suggestions into action. How many people on this site that would actually pay $10.00 for an album remains to be seen, but hey, if one person buys one that is $10.00 that would have never have been possible. If we are to donate something, getting something out of it definately should make it more of an incentive.

14. 366784
    yeshintae : Fri 18th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

PJB has a good point...
    Just look at all tha mixtape stuff
    that people said they would do...
    I haven't seen one completed project
    out of all those threads... in all practicality
    its best just to donate to charity... THAT SIMPLE...
    Why are people SO intent on doing things tha
    hard way...

Peace from LA

15. 318753
    DJsDragoN : Wed 23rd Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

Well I saw that many of you showed interest and that is always a positive thing.Yes I realize that it's hard to set it up and maybe it wouldn't work.There were many good ideas and suggestions.Seeing as a few of us including myself had begun working on tracks my proposal is for us to finish them and

16. 318753

Host them on the new account that Looperman has made on Soundcloud with the option of download and have written next to each track the purpose of the charity to people to visit and they can leave donations for the tracks.After that we use the site

17. 318753

Host them on the new account that Looperman has made on Soundcloud with the option of download and have written next to each track the purpose of the charity to people to visit and they can leave donations for the tracks.After that we use the site

18. 318753

Mrbillionx told us about and send the proceeds there.What do you all think? This way we get to use our music and do something for the general public as well! Have a great day everyone!

19. 406775
    Unknown User : Wed 23rd Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

Good Intentions. But HOPEFULLY this day n age no one is dumb enough to send money to a non reputable charity. NOW im not saying your gonna take all the money for you self..cause well..not everyone is like me..but most people wont buy it...BUT HEY IF YOU CAN SELL CD'S FOR JAPAN LEME KNOW HOW U DID IT. cause the rest the music world cant sell cd's period.

-NEF

20. 666289
    FreeRadical : Wed 23rd Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

The question i'm thinking is do the Japanese people really want our help?
    One thing they're not short of is money and they are also a very proud and resiliant race who seem to like getting things done by themselves.
    If you really want to help then sign up to be a rescue worker and help clean up the mess.

21. 570421
    Cdell7up : Thu 24th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

I have just signed up for this site and I am inspired to write a piece of music that is dedicated to the people of Japan. Let me know what I can do.

22. 406775
    Unknown User : Thu 24th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

OMG NICK Q That is by far the most intelligent thing anybody has ever said since this thing has happend...

I can see common sense runs strong in your family...Amazing how many people lack that.

-NEF

23. 464560
    JimeVonLoops : Thu 24th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

Dude, i would remix a whole bunch of DDR songs or other video game tracks like super mario and zelda just for them! Without them, we would'nt have had those games anyway. Big scheer for Japan! Sadly, i dont wanna get involved in any copyright infringment that could happen from remixing other japanesse composer's tracks. i could, however, make an entirely new melody in 8-Bit form influnced by old Super Mario games! Great idea, lets show Japan that their are people here and all over the world that keep them in their thoughts and prayers.

24. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 24th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

And as the Dog said to the street sweeper..I just do it man..I don't clean it up.......Lets forget all this public consciousness cleaning..if your going to do something,do it..don't talk about it and then do nothing....sheesh

25. 534013
    retronical : Fri 25th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

:/ Youz could make more ducats in one day with a charity carwash then a remix of donkey kong ever could...think about it peoples, wheres your hearts at? Organize a dance night? dj marathon, break some records, make em proud!!!

Posts 1 - 25 of 29

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads