Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

Your Wife Or Music One Has To Go

Posts 1 - 25 of 40
  1. 548211
    Unknown User : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

Mr. Funktastic here one last time with just a question:

So LooperFam answer me this, faced with that question and your music producing being the top hot button issue, would you choose to keep your WIFE or your MUSIC so as to end the extreme nagging? Pick one, one of them has to go and there's no wiggle room because to complicate matters let say you have to small children like I have.

For me on Looperman.com, my thing was just about music and not a way life. But I saw in another thread where DJSchmeeJ summarized this situation mighty correctly, again. I say again because he did that once before on another topic. The guy must have camera planted in my house or something. So the purpose of thread is to ask what would you do?

Me killing my account was all me, and doing what is was best for my family the loss of the account does not deserve any sympathy or tears. For me it had to be done and so you just pick up where you left off before music and move with your life. So will I comeback here and am I back? No chance. I gave my New music producing desktop PC to my son, I reformatted the hard drive and install Windows cleanly again from the factory restore discs. I took his slow Pentium 3 Laptop that was designed for Windows 98.

All of my online accounts are now all destroyed including my email accounts. Sorry Minor2Go I saw that you tried to contact me. I owe a debt of gratitude to you Looperman, sorry LM for that disaster I caused you as I wrote to you privately about and thanks for responding Looperman before I took my email and related accounts down.

LooperFam, AllenV practically invented me people, that I swear. He knew me before I became Funky. Thanks Allen. DJSchmeeJ completed my Funk transformation by giving me the name Mr. Funktastic, thanks Ken. I got too many others to thank including DextDee so I'll stop there.

So once again I want to know, if you had to pick only just one, no compromise and zero wiggle room, and one must go! What will be? And remember I still have small children. Does the Wife go or all your music you work so hard at creating go. I know I made the right choice it just feels oh so wrong, right about now. Which would you choose I want to know?

[The Artist Formerly Known As] Mr. Funktastic!

Tracks that still feature me or my name:

Grooveline ( Heatwave Cover ft JoeFunktastic ) by AllenV
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/96502
    Looking Like A PRO Uncle Funk and Becca C Collab by Becca
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/94644
    Unofficial Looperman Blues Revival Project by TheThanx
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/86129
    One Minute Mixtape by DJSchmeeJ
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/92628
    Loopernation Project by DownsizerXL
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/89122

2. 286604
    Crypt : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

That's a very deep and hard to answer question. For me, anyone that doesn't see potential or has a lack of faith in ANYTHING I do. Doesn't deserve to be in my life. That's just "how I roll". I'm sorry you've been given an ultimatum. That genuinely hurts me to hear that. Lot's o luck bro.

3. 438673
    DJSchmeeJ : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

Well I guess you know where I stand.... here's the thing for me. Music is who I am! I play by ear and I am self taught. I hear music in everything! I find myself counting beats in machinery, stepping in timed steps.... recreating sounds because they were interesting (like a cabinet door closing, a blender changing speed).... my point is its in me regardless! I met my wife with a guitar in my hand... playing at church. I now lead worship at a church as a solo artist because it's where God put me (if you knew me you'd know I'm NO solo artist when it comes to performing live), which takes up a lot of my time. But I do it AT HOME for the most part. All the music I compose...all the practicing... it all happens in my home studio just feet away from my wife. Years ago I'd have to be out playing or practicing. I'd have to have people over to my house to jam or practice. With my DAW, I'm all I need and I can do it whenever I need to...which is usually at 5am when shes sleepig, or at 5pm when she's making dinner. I make an effort to turn it off and sit with her when things calm down in the evening.
    Anything can take over your life if you let it, music is no different. I salute you for your decision my brother! God, Family, friends, and then self in that order. You have my email address... stay in touch and know that I'm always here to help you figure things out if I can.
    I'll turn the camera off now....but only after I post that video of you doing the "risky business" dance in your underwear!
    "just take Joe's old records off the shelf...."
    Peace to you my Brother

4. 340647
    Phyruis : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

wow.... tough choice...

.... I hope your wife doesn't know my wife!!...

tee hee!!

you'll be sadly missed

5. 69965
    ChaseManhattan : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

i would say if she makes you stop making music shes probably trying to control your life. if she is going to do that to you where you love her but she doesn't want you to continue with your musical endeavors. i would say take something she loves from her.

6. 69965

such as making her look for a different job or something stupid. just to make her realize that you actually want to do this music thing. and you think its stupid for her to hate on it. maybe shell get it maybe not

7. 67443
    SLAPJOHNSON : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

I wonder if this situation would have reared it's ugly head if you were earning a comfortably salary from your music. I feel the argument would have had a different angle if that was the case..
    I was only getting to know you Joe when this suddenly happen and I was shocked to see you delete your account I can tell you.
    I can sympathise with you mate, but I know how frustrated your wife must of been with you devoting a lot of your time into this site and not supporting a young family.
    Getting a good life balance is something we all must strive for and I know how hard it is to achieve and maintain believe me!

I was fortunate to marry a professional musician like myself so things are a little different for me. I work with her in a band and we do spend a lot of time with each other. She still gets well annoyed with me spending time on this place and that's why I only pop in and out from time to time ( priorities ).

You have true talent! I say in your circumstances you did the right thing, you showed your wife she and the family come first. I would concentrate your efforts with them for now, music is in you and at some point it will come back to you when time permits. I hope and pray you can find employment with your talent, that way you won't be having to hopefully make the same choices again.

Good luck Joe...

Cheers, Slap...

Yorkshire words of wisdom from a father to his son...
    Eat all, sup all, pay nowt,

Hear all, see all, say nowt.

And if tha ever does owt fer nowt,

Mek sure tha does it fer thissen!

8. 438673

OK here's the thing...before you post a response....list if you are married or single. That should show a definite pattern here

married

9. 340647
    Phyruis : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

married.......

10. 69965

im not married but almost and when my girl tried to get in the way of my music i said take it or leave it lol

11. 141223
    nepaul : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

married

my wife would never ask me to give up music so this is a non issue for me. that would be like me saying, "sorry honey, but you have to give up yoga."

Like Slap said, it's about a good balance.

12. 372886
    Bilbozo : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

Like Slap, I am one of the lucky ones. My wife is a singer and so we both share music, so that situation is an impossibilty for me. Howevfer if a wife asks you to give up music completely, it's a bit drastic. If it's because you have to have a paycheck to support your family, family first, music later. I agree with Slap. Good balance. Be secure in your job first, then once you have that nailed down, continue with your passions like music. Of course if you make a better living making music than your job, ask your wife to get a job ! LOL !

13. 467784
    Sourgirl : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

Married. lucky for me, my husband and children all go to bed at 8 p.m. and I don't go to bed until midnight. Plenty of time to record. My husband has always had an issue with how much time I spend on my laptop, but now that I am actually doing something productive(making music as opposed to shopping or Facebooking, lol), he's o.k. with it. I still do my wifely/motherly duties and as long as I can prioritize things properly, it isn't a problem. I am sorry to hear that these types of choices had to be made, but that is life. You have to make tough choices. I am in the process of making tough choices myself, but family has to come first. Without them, I'd be in a very bad place. It would make for great music, but it would come at the expense of my happiness and mental health and nothing is worth losing those things over.

14. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

I agree with Bilbozo, this is a bit drastic! But being married, I have to say my music would go before my wife. She means so much to me. Don't know what else to say. We miss you around here!

15. 366784
    yeshintae : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

It's a tough choice, id give up music...
    But to think I would marry someone that won't let
    me near music is unfathomable...

Peace from LA

16. 540022

Janet Jackson-CONTROLLLLLLLLLL naw Man do what you do,lot of times our women just be jealous,even though you do this for her,shell find somethin else to complain or nag about,dont you know,women are never satisfied,they always got to keep somethin over or heads to make you feel bad or what not, we always doing somethin wrong, well what about yawww, but you get into there stuff and its like well why did you marry me then etc..but yeah if you know your not going to be some big star,and this is really just a hobby of sorts you made the right decision for now! only God can truley make a person-women- happy i beleive, this situation might mean alot to you, giving up on your music gift of talent from god, but that dont mean its going to mean alot to her,she might not loose a minute of sleep over this situation,and your pain and anguish,and i can see this hurt you in some way or you wouldnt even post this.watch her closely,and if that turns out to be true then she wrong man,like people on here said, it could have been Balanced and worked out,your free time is your free time,women are aggressive these days and like to wear the pants alot,especially if there making most or all of the money in the house,and thats becoming common now days, anyways you made your choice,she forced you to choose,or you seen it just not worth it shes not gonna let up so you bailed out,You Did What Was Best For You And Your Family,And For That i Take My Hat Off To Ya, but beleive me when i tell you this....she gone find somthin else to complain or nag about man, they always do.and dont get me wrong i love my wife and women in general just my 2 cents ..i would choose my family to answer the question, but i would check my wifes behind also and let her know what kind of sacrifice im making for my family,and im the man of this house, the high priest up in here just like adam and eve God gone hold you responsible at the end Not that women, you are suppose to have the final word as the head of that house...let me quit i am getting way off base anyway by man, ill be getting off myself again soon. peacee BLOODANGEL

17. 372488
    CrashTheSystem : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

That does sound like it was a tough decision.

I think the choice you made was the right one for now, your family is extremely important. We can all just hope that you will find the time to come back to all this someday.

-Gabe

18. 401727
    BlumeChoon : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

Married.

That's a toughy...lol... I love my wife and I also love my music...
    Hmmmmmm...well...

She's already says I'm on my computer more than I'm on her...lol...

But I would have to work something out. I can't live without my music. It's what keeps me sane... I don't think I would give up creating music. I think if your woman loves you. She should support you in what you love to do. No matter what it is. And vice versa. Same goes for her. But it's undestandable.

I'll miss ya Mr. Funk

Blume:)

19. 401727
    BlumeChoon : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

At some point in our lives we all have to make sacrifices for are family's and loved ones.... You just gotta do whatya gotta do sometimes.

20. 438673

Write her a song! Lol.... I wrote "My Love" for my wife and she was showing it off to all her friends on facebook.... And she had friends of hers say they were jealous!

21. 265632
    WeazelBeats : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

It seems Mr. Funk just chose his wife and left the music ? :O

22. 673599
    Metabolic : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

im in a long term relationship and luckily my gf supports me with my music but if had to choose it would be my family (yes i have a lil bby......long story) a mans gotta step up n be man when it comes to his family, id sacrifice anything........... ur missed here dude good luck with everything man, you made the right choice

23. 69965

music stays and girl stays keep both and be happy in multiple ways whats so hard bout this

24. 423605

married... you, i mean i would leave here and get full custedy, hurry before something else happens or do both this is america not prison

25. 165983
    HPRecords : Thu 17th Feb 2011 : 10 years ago

I was married for 16 years, and it was a constant struggle with her accepting what I do and constantly telling me to get a "real" job. I'm divorced now, and my kids understand why and still love me. Enough said!

Posts 1 - 25 of 40

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums