Request Or Offer Collab Section Idea

Posts 1 - 25 of 42
  1. 1
    Looperman : Sat 29th Jan 2011 : 8 years ago

Im currently working on rebuilding looperman and one new section I have on the list of ideas is an area where you can post a request or an offer to hook up with other users to collab on tracks or projects.

The forums are always full of people looking to hook up with each other so i thought it would be a good idea to make this easier.

What I could do with is to get an idea of how you might use a feature like this, how you think it should work etc.

Heres a few of the thoughts Ive had so far

- Limit the number of active requests (Im look for a ....) a single user can have at any one time.
    - Set a time limit on any requests so that we dont end up with dead requests with the original poster has disappeared. - Try and make the request form simple and based on options that we could then use to allow people to search the requests for projects they might be interested in.

- Limit the number of offers (Ill play guitar on your tracks...)
    - Set a longer time limit on offers
    - Again based on simple options to make a search easy

The basic idea is kinda like a dating site i suppose where you might put in what you need such as mastering help, guitar player, rapper etc and then the system can bring back potential collab partners.

Like I say very much in the idea stages at the mo but as ever your input can help shape what it ends up turning into.

2. 116269
    DextDee : Sat 29th Jan 2011 : 8 years ago

awesome idea. i will be giving my suggestions soon

3. 345547
    Cufool : Sat 29th Jan 2011 : 8 years ago

I say only one active request per user, people may over use the fact that they can post as many as they like hoping to get attention(which is very important to most people here) id say bout a week or two with no aciivty would be a good time to delete it, but I guess it all depends on how many people are using it.
    Search options i guess would be all the genres we have now. Member experience( level, tracks, collabs)and def what they are skilled in. Good luck with it

4. 636839
    simmerdown : Sat 29th Jan 2011 : 8 years ago

one active request, yes to that

separated by genre maybe?

there always seem to be sooo many more producers/beatmakers than vocalists/singers/rappers, so i thinks a section for 'vocalist/rappers seeking (whatever)' could be a simplification too

great idea though, really, you'll cut the forum posts in half with this...

5. 313229
    robinsane : Sat 29th Jan 2011 : 8 years ago

Don't know if it can easily done, but maybe having it like a bulletin board, when someone is interested the push the reply button which in turn sends the message of interest privately.

Im keen though on the idea, Im always looking for collabs.

6. 435773
    BrokenScythe : Sun 30th Jan 2011 : 8 years ago

I think a skill identifier would be great. If we were able to put our abilities on a "collab profile" thatd be very useful. Ofcourse these could be self made or you could create searchable "tags" that we can choose from. For example, instead of just letting me put "Im a hip hop producer and I can play some keyboard pretty well" it could just be

Producer: Hip Hop (Insert optional self made "types" here, E.G. "Trap beat" or I can put "Electronic" or "West Coast")
    Instruments:Keyboard(Insert personal OP and strengths here E.G. Novice, Good at loops)
    Then people just do what they do when they look for loops n such.
    Also be kool if we could put a shortened bio greeting just for this idea. You know to get across what kind of artist we are looking to collab with n such for the current project.

You know, a way to filter through for what you really need. Some artists would never collab with me, meanwhile others might be looking for another amateur or something different. Just an idea. I was going to say maybe a rating system but that would cause too much friction and the highest rated would be overwhelmed and the lowest rated would be ignored.
    I also think itd be a good idea to avoid stats here. Not saying you were thinking that by the way, just throwing that out there.

Sounds like an awesome idea Looperman, really does. Heres hoping it wont as difficult as it sounds lol.

7. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 30th Jan 2011 : 8 years ago

An excellent idea!...I know people love to start collaborations but I hate seeing the forums full of shoutouts and the associated ongoing preambles,the forums are just that forums and shouldn't be a quasi bulletin board..people need an area where they can connect and then continue the exchange privately..and this also brings up the ongoing Mixtape posts...Jeezuz do we need these things every single day?..if you want to do it fine but spamming the forums really brings the whole site down...it's very very annoying,there should be a limit to these sort of Mixtape posts or dump them altogether..after all they relate to half a dozen people at the best of times and take up a disproportional amount of space.

8. 636839
    simmerdown : Sun 30th Jan 2011 : 8 years ago

grumble grumble, you are off-topic again

heaven forbid anyone should try to create something positive or get people together on a project

9. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 30th Jan 2011 : 8 years ago

I'm not off topic at all..if you want this site to represent professionally then it's about time people started acting it and a collaboration area is just what's needed...at the moment it's a dog's breakfast,sloppy and very amateur in regards to collaboration posts.

10. 435773
    BrokenScythe : Sun 30th Jan 2011 : 8 years ago

Chill guys, Jazz has a point but ultimately its the people that decide what goes for annoying or not in these forums right? this is a community. From what I have seen the oddballs or stragglers are easily identified and put in place.

11. 83445
    JohnBoutilier : Sun 30th Jan 2011 : 8 years ago

Super idea

12. 379853
    Alen9R : Sun 30th Jan 2011 : 8 years ago

Yeah this is excellent idea!!

13. 423563
    2secondimpression : Wed 2nd Feb 2011 : 8 years ago

that would make things alot easier and futurey! look forward to seeing it

14. 429910
    bbelle : Sun 13th Feb 2011 : 8 years ago

I agree with all the previous posts. The level as well as the genre should be listed. There are so many post but it doesn't seem like anyone is doing anything.

15. 530626
    julianmarz : Sat 26th Feb 2011 : 8 years ago

I don't think there should necessarily be request... I believe that if a member wishes to have something done or wishes to collab with another member, they should handle that on there own. Or sit around and wait for what you need to be uploaded.

16. 464560
    JimeVonLoops : Sun 13th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

Great idea!

17. 486976
    XxDubstePxX : Tue 15th Mar 2011 : 8 years ago

I like your idea. It's similar to HypedSound but the only difference will be that people will actually respond to me. lol

18. 262259
    CalifKen : Fri 1st Apr 2011 : 8 years ago

I think it'd be cool to do it forum-like, where you have a tree-like lineage of work. So that Someone posts something, someone can work on it and post back, and it creates a branch. Another person works on the original, it creates a sibling branch. Someone works on either of those, it creates a child branch. So you can track all the different variations that people make as time goes on.

19. 361086
    ranger : Tue 19th Apr 2011 : 8 years ago

abnerbesares sir your not right you ask for a calub i bought a kit sent it to you ,its been a week and from you but no worries
    steal from me once shame on me.
    enjoy the kits i sent you and the kicks beats.
    cheers....
    sorry if this is not the right place to post this matter i realy thought he would be a friend but instead a theif.

20. 508527
    Brent88 : Tue 19th Apr 2011 : 8 years ago

I hope you messaged Abnerbesares before posting this, because ya it's the wrong place to be posting. On Looperman we're offering our music for free out of passion for music, unless someone claims your work as their own, they aren't a theif.
    And from your post it sounds like you sent him a collection of kits??? that's not a collaboration...
    Just be careful before you bad talk members in the forum

21. 361086
    ranger : Tue 19th Apr 2011 : 8 years ago

I understand but to tell you the truth anger too over me and im sorry even saying what i said on this forum . ill stay away from this forum from now on and again sorry .

22. 429910
    bbelle : Tue 19th Apr 2011 : 8 years ago

Hmmm I think I understand now. I was wondering why no one seem to want to collab. I guess from what you are saying that (I'm talking about my stuff only) the stuff I post is amateurish and not very popular when it comes to collabs. Now I'm not upset at this at all. Not everyone is going to like everyone Else's stuff. I would just hope that people who more talent would do it just for the love of it. I'm not looking to make money just music.

23. 1
    Looperman : Tue 19th Apr 2011 : 8 years ago

can you stick to the topic rather then talking amongst yourselves. The last few posts do nothing to help further the original idea.

24. 420056
    IgnitedEnt : Tue 19th Apr 2011 : 8 years ago

Here's a thought:

add the drop down menu, a box, or radio button type form as part of the track upload details. Either way it would allow you to set the track as looking for collab "yes" or "no". even go as far as having another menu, or checks for what you are looking for, whether it is vocals, instrumental,production..etc. and could get more specific. Lastly, if this information is able to be queried then a potential collab contributer could look where he might be best of service by searching through tracks, while the person seeking can advert their open project. This seems like a tidy way to handle this problem.

(I have thought about this idea prior to this thread)

25. 276805
    HustlerbyNature : Thu 12th May 2011 : 8 years ago

Brilliant idea... not to excited about a looperman upgrade cuz it is perfect the way it is.. the only thing that needs to be added is a looperman chat section like facebook has where you can chat with the people who are online

Posts 1 - 25 of 42

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads