How To Get Your Tracks Noticed And Played

Posts 1 - 11 of 11
  1. 1
    Looperman : Wed 26th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Lots of people ask how best to get your tracks noticed around here so here a few do and donts.

Track Descriptions
    Make sure you add a half decent description to your track so that anyone looking at tracks will take an interest in yours.

Upload Quality Tracks
    Try and upload quality rather then quantity. Uploading 5 half done tracks in one go will get you much less feedback then if you upload one good track every other day

Use The Forums
    You can announce a new track in the members tunes forum as long as you provide a link to your tracks page in the post (eg https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/4) AND also give some details on your track. Dont just post something like "New track, chekit !" as those posts just get deleted and you will have wasted your time.

The flip side here though is DONT bombard the forums with posts about your tracks. No more then one thread per week and DONT post in your own threads just to bump it back to the top. This is classed as spam and does nothing more then annoy people and will have the opposite effect your after.

Fill In Your Profile
    Make sure you have filled in your profile so that anyone who takes a look can find out what your about.

Upload An Avatar
    Make sure you have uploaded an avatar

Review Other Peoples Tracks
    Review other peoples tracks. This is probably one the main ones as by reviewing other peoples tracks a number of things happen.

1 - You can set one of your own tracks to appear in the featured track area on the top right of the site. read this post for more information on how that works https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/8025

2 - The person whos track you have reviewed gets sent an email saying that you took the time to review their music and in many cases they will (more so if you have followed what i said above) take some time out to listen to your stuff and hopefully give a review back

3 - Other people who go to review the track you took the time to review will also notice your review and if you bothered to say more then "yeh, luvit" or "you check me" or other useless comments there is every chance they will take a look at you and your tracks. Youll notice that those who give useful, honest and interesting feedback get a whole lot more in return. On the other hand those who just spam the system just to get their review count up get banned and blocked from using the site.

Reply To Reviews You Receive
    This one is mainly down to being polite and engaging with other users. The more friends you make around here the more feedback you get.

Use The LIKE button on your tracks page
    There are a number of buttons on your tracks page that allow you to either LIKE the page your track is on so a link gets posted on your facebook profile or promote your page on a large number of external sites and social networks.

This is a simple way to promote your tracks to people outside of looperman.
  2. 366784
    yeshintae : Wed 26th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Good faq!

I luv that NEW LIKE feature
    great work on updating tha site!

Much Respect from LA
  3. 601456
    thephilosofist : Wed 26th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago this really needs to be at the top of the forums forever...
  4. 379853
    Alen9R : Wed 26th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Nice FAQ!
    I would have added something else,people who have uploaded loops here, they get extra play!
  5. 159051
    MINOR2GO : Wed 26th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Good thread.
    Regards
  6. 372886
    Bilbozo : Wed 26th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Glad this one is ion the "Ones to Watch" Forum Box. I think this is espedcially important for new members to know. A lot of them don't really know how to start posting with the right etiquette. Thanks Shan - Bill ( Bilbozo )
  7. 400188
    AllenV : Wed 26th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Great Info!
  8. 356334
    Dirtzilla : Thu 27th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago A very good wake up call for people like myself. Thank you for the message and education. Sometime we get lost in the moment and forget that we're here to share and grow.

Thanks
    Dirtzilla
  9. 511681
    CWarren : Thu 27th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Post A Great Quality Track=Plays and Reviews. Plain & Simple

_C-DUB_
  10. 456633
    Music4Life : Mon 31st Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Good to know, thanks.
  11. 494575
    Unknown User : Sun 13th Feb 2011 : 6 years ago nice info guy! :) cheers
Posts 1 - 11 of 11

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Electronic Track