Is Dubstep About The Drop Or The Intro

Posts 1 - 25 of 30
  1. 423563
    2secondimpression : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago what's more important to a fellow looperman?
  2. 636839
    simmerdown : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago to me... neither

it's about the groove, the bounce
  3. 423563
    2secondimpression : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago the bounce! interesting...
  4. 673599
    Metabolic : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago both but personaly i like to drop mine LAARGE!
  5. 467123
    Sludgecity : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago not doubt about it, the build up to the drop and the filth that should be waiting at the drop,

dubsteps all about catching you off guard and giving everyone a reason to brock out
  6. 423563
    2secondimpression : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago brock out, i like that!
  7. 673599
    Metabolic : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago uv not heard brock out?.....HOW!!

dont worry ill save ya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKFqpWD2eQM
  8. 220346
    Peres : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Sludge hit it on the head the filth is what I noticed drives the crowds wild(bruk out). I just learned how to get a nasty wobble in ableton using Operator,I mean pure unadulterated filth,stay tuned!.
  9. 601456
    thephilosofist : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Does any dubstep have a melody anymore? I like the dubstep remixes because the original songs had a lot of musical substance to it.
    To me if the song is all wobble and no rhythm and melody, it doesn't matter how bassy or filthy the drop is. It has to have some sort of musical substance to it, some sort of key and time signature for me to follow. The drop should play off of the melody and add the filthiness to a song, while still allowing for some sweetness in the background.
  10. 293641
    Unknown User : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Im From London but idont really 'get' Dubstep...Grime is better..imo.. :) more melody in grime beats than Dubstep...kinda like what ThePhilosofist is sayin...
  11. 601456
    thephilosofist : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago like listen to this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu-xaWdX7Og

this is the dubstep I really dig listening to.
  12. 517658
    dv8 : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Dubstep doesn't have to be filthy. Infact, filthy d'step is just that, filthy. Gives me a headache.

Melodic dubstep. Ambient Dubstep. Philosophist got it right. It ought to be sweet.

None of the new crowd know the first thing about dubstep. It's sposed to be a mind trip with all the delays and stereo panning. And can you stop with the dubstep shite already? The moments passed guys...stop imitating yesterday. I'd sell a kidney for a dubstep track without angry synths and ravey basslines. Y'all got the mentality wrong. Ask Jahknow or Celestial why they stopped posting d'step tracks here. You'll find out.

I'm not gonna reply to any replies to this. Peace, and have a happy angry life.
  13. 158799
    alividlife : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago I am definitely an outsider looking in here, but techniques are very shallow things to focus on with music.

I think it's very possible to be incredible filthy with a melody.

I like both, and I urge someone to make a song of nothing but drops lol.. I would love to hear that. Drop after drop after drop lol.

Furthermore. I would LOVE to see some evolution in the dubstep, and perhaps borrow a little from Grunge music.

Thus, having beautiful melodic verses, and then having filthy choruses, and then having an ultimately more dynamic song alround.

Shrug.
  14. 636839
    simmerdown : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago well said philosofist, that about sums it up
  15. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Pretty soon there's going to be threads..Dubstep is dead,What happened to Old School Dub,etc,etc add on infinitum....Seriously,if your music is defined by an intro or what you call the drop it's absolutely nowhere...take up knitting that used to be popular I hear and actually produces something worthwhile at the end of the process.
  16. 339043
    StephenPotter : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Hey AudioVenom, is this what you were looking for?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNvrOiQZP-0

As for my opinion on this, I think that if ones bad, the others gonna be ruined by that. So its about neither the drop nor the intro to me, just the consitency in the track.

Ste :)
  17. 423563
    2secondimpression : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago that is dirty!
  18. 517658
    dv8 : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Ste, no mate this is what I meant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2XmLcnYSwQ

As for PJB, sir you have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe given a time frame of fifty years, you may turn out to be right, but isn't that the same for everything? As of right now, Click above.
  19. 423563
    2secondimpression : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago haha i hear you man! but its the sub genres that make the genre on the whole such a diverse collection of goodness!
  20. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago @AV you of all people being a lawyer should know that it doesn't matter one iota if you don't know what your talking about,you just have to be convincing! lol ....getting back on track,irrespective of genre but it just happens to be Dubstep in this instance (which I've listened to)..it seems if you understand what melody is and incorporate that as best as your ability allows you'll do ok.....people are so touchy about their own little genres anyone would think they'd bought a franchise.
  21. 636839
    simmerdown : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago sampling

dont forget about the 2 and the 4
  22. 172342
    brandonjames : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Its all about the drop, but without a build up of progression there is no place for a drop.. so its a double standard. You cant have one without the other...

B.
  23. 293641
    Unknown User : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago This is how I like dubstep...mixed wiv grime vocals...
    oh and this is funny lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8hi7CaqE8A&feature=related
    Big Up D Double on this!!!
  24. 375728
    Cybertooth : Mon 24th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago philosofist wins today

you cant have one without the other without it not being quite as full as it could have been
    this is the best example i can pull up
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7evNkeB3vyU
    half this song is buildup, then the drop, and even though it doesnt drop the massive filth most people are used to, its still a massive drop. now imagine it with that kind of intro, then the massive filth
  25. 601456
    thephilosofist : Tue 25th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago see, even with that song...I don't really hear any instruments other than bass, wobble synth, and drums. If you listen to the song above (I'll link it again here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu-xaWdX7Og ) then you'll hear what I'm talking about. mixing aspects of dubstep with others, like electro AND surf rock (in the case above) makes a really unique sound that rocks the party while allowing you to just listen to it sitting down on a couch, enjoying the song.
Posts 1 - 25 of 30

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Dance Track