How To Find Loops Again After You Have Downloaded

Posts 1 - 14 of 14
  1. 1
    Looperman : Sat 8th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Most of the loops you can download here have a common naming structure that makes it easier for you to find out who made it and where to get hold of it again in future

For example ...

looperman_111346_40676_Food Gathering.wav

The first bit (looperman) just tells you which site you got it from..

The next bit (111346) tells you who made it ..

https://www.looperman.com/users/profile/111346

The next number (40676) represents the identity of the loop itself and allows you to find its page

https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/40676

The last bit is whatever the person uploaded it named it at that time.
  2. 496040
    UndergroundRadio : Mon 10th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago I am looking for the information for a track that was deleted but I downloaded it with no information in my itunes

User:431892
    Track:81943

anything in the archives?
  3. 71369
    Durius : Mon 10th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago Hummm... nice, thanks Looperman. :]
  4. 1
    Looperman : Tue 11th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago I should add that it works the same way with acapellas and tracks too. The first is the artist id and the second is the item id
  5. 526203
    ColourByJamie : Sat 15th Jan 2011 : 6 years ago This is a great help, thanks Looperman! Look forward to exploring the site more :)
  6. 286783
    BadKonexion : Fri 6th Jul 2012 : 4 years ago Good to know. Nice
  7. 134239
    Devodale : Fri 6th Jul 2012 : 4 years ago Most excellent! I guess I can stop renaming them now.....and scrap my complaint about the id format.....I must add its an incredible improvement over the last site download id.
    Thanks Shan. This post should be have a permanent place on the front page....and FAQs if its not there already!
  8. 1
    Looperman : Fri 6th Jul 2012 : 4 years ago this is how its always been
  9. 505193
    MarieDailly : Fri 6th Jul 2012 : 4 years ago Hmm, thats fine, but its still a pain having to hunt down the artist/track when you need the bpm. I now rename everything with the artists name track name & bpm (as noted) so I know what Im looking at when I want to use it!
  10. 1
    Looperman : Fri 6th Jul 2012 : 4 years ago I cant see how it can be a pain when all you have to do is enter the id number into the search and you find what your looking for.

Its done this way for a reason as people change their names or titles of things but the id never changes.

its all done for a logical reason in the fist place to make things easier. by renaming things again you simply make things harder for yourself in the long run.

if you want to add extra info update the ID3 meta tags and set them visible in explorer
  11. 560295
    TurfGoldMusic : Sat 7th Jul 2012 : 4 years ago I just hit the like button.
  12. 134239
    Devodale : Sat 7th Jul 2012 : 4 years ago I did realize that the ID and loop numbers were the same, but when I uploaded songs in the past, (honestly, its been a couple of years now) there was not any names added on the end as there seems to be now. That was the improvement I was refering to. I would never have made this connection on knowing that number id format without this post....thanks again.
  13. 1
    Looperman : Sun 8th Jul 2012 : 4 years ago oh yeh, i started adding some extra stuff in there too. Ill run a batch to update all the old file names at some point so everything works the same
  14. 762328
    trainsully : Tue 17th Nov 2015 : 1 year ago Recently lost a project i've been working on for a while and for the life of me can't fine the loop again. If anyone knows the name of the electronic melody lead used in this clip please let me know!. https://soundcloud.com/k_t_silence/alb-vs-kts
Posts 1 - 14 of 14

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Chill Out Track