This Site Has To Many Rules

Posts 1 - 25 of 103
  1. 102056
    Dj4Real : Thu 6th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

This site is getting to be bogged down with to many rules. Since I came to this site a few years ago, this site has become a cesspool of rules. My friend Minor2go was banned for talking about his personal issues on this site. This is crap. Who ever banned him needs to be banned. What? You gonna ban me because of my opinion. For some, this site is all we have. We give our all to this site. And the moment im not wanting to give any thing else to this site until some one(not one of these new moderators) comes and chats with me. This kind of crap is going to push all the good loopers to another site. Most have already disappeared. Just because you are a moderator doesn't give you the right to treat people like dirt...... This is all my opinion, last time I checked that is allowed here.. You gonna ban him for 2 weeks like he is a child, what ever... Good luck wit him wanting to come back.. You just really messed up one of the best loopers this site has had in a loooong time.

2. 102056

This dude is feeling suicidal and you people kick him off the site.....he was asking for help.. what heart do you moderaters have.....jeeeeze

3. 473816
    FinesseNV : Thu 6th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

The Irony of expression through music.. the whole foundation of this site.. is immediately blasted if its in text form.. I don't get it.. ive had quite a few posts deleted recently and given no legit reason.. Can't believed they banned martin.. his loops lead me to this site in the first place

4. 517658
    dv8 : Thu 6th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

Well THIS sucks. I'm just glad I know minor off the loop, a real credit to the community he is. Yoda I am not.

5. 322747
    KooLKYLE : Thu 6th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

i saw minors post on facebook, he sounded pretty annoyed about things.. mods have too much power..

6. 102056

I swear to god if you moderaters close this thread I am done with this site..... This needs to be fixed nooow... If there was a legit reason to ban him than fine...but If it is just because he was asking for some help in his personal life, I will be highly upset..

7. 102056

Kyle I was just telling Minor that.... The new moderaters are abusing there power and I will get them banned if they dont stop.

8. 605220
    Ensam : Thu 6th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

In answer to your email, DJ4real, yes it was me that banned Martin but the ban is only for 2 weeks to give him a break and time to think. He may be suicidal but he lives in a loving home with parents and family to turn too it doesn't give him the right to continually start threads to cause problems or to send me emails, that I won't go into.

I agree thet the site is getting bogged down with rules, in fact I am having a behind the scenes campaign against some of it but I am afraid Martin overstepped the mark, like it or not. He was only given a 2 week ban to let him cool down.

9. 322747
    KooLKYLE : Thu 6th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

i remember when i first joined this site just over a year ago, we could talk about almost anything in the forums.. im not reely affected by this problem since im not posting as much thses days but if it keeps going the way it is i wonder how the loop will be in a few months time.....

10. 102056

Ok so....what ever man. Shan, I read your email. Sorry man but I cant agree with you on this one. I respect you more than you know. But some thing here is'nt right. Its one thing to just come on here and blast your issues, and another when you have no one or any thing but this site. To me that was a cry for help. Maybe he doesn't have a way to ask for professional help. So you are going to turn your back on him... This is not a friendly site any more. Had he killed him self, would you even care. If any thing, that made the matter worse. I think you could be a little more sensitive and actually talk to him. I know that is not your place or description, but taking an interest in some one who is providing your site with a butt load of great stuff isn't asking you to do to much... All it would have taken is a few words of encouragement...

11. 370613
    Blaptized : Thu 6th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

@ everyone

Looperman provides us with a COMPLETELY FREE music networking site. It is his site and if the rules increase so what? he owns the site and he can do what he wants with it.

12. 102056

Cool down!!!!! He need this site to give him some advice.....Nice advice..

13. 33356
    MStokes : Thu 6th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

Banning Martin? Ah, i want this thread continued so i will ask very respectfully - moderators are you crazy? somebody needs to step up and speak from the moderator side cause this is seriously wrong.
    do the right thing and rectify this and act now before it gets to be too late. - respect for now.

14. 102056

We are suppose to be a family here... Are we not?. This is a community site. No matter what, we are'nt suppose to turn our back on a fellow looper just because he has some home issues and needs some people to give him advice on how to deal with it. How do you know any thing about his family. His problem could be his family...

15. 102056

@eternal you are right, this is his site, and if he wants to run it into the ground it his right.. But that is my friend and Im not going to stand for this. That to is MY right.

16. 33356
    MStokes : Thu 6th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

wrote the last entry while Ensam was already posting - but y'know what - Martin speaks with his music and ok his posts to this whole community and it is wrong not to let the community have the right to speak back - whether that's sympathy, encouragement, bedevilment whatever.
    moderating should be a way to help shape conversations, not cut them them off at the knees.

17. 438673
    DJSchmeeJ : Thu 6th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

I agree that Martin was crying for help. I was worried about Martin cause this site seems to be his life... And maybe more could have been done to try to help! I sent him an email as a friend offering support and an ear... And I encourage EVERYBODY ON THE LOOP to do the same! But there is two sides to every story and I saw the thread and the direction it was heading. It wasn't just Martin feeding the thread comments that were escalating. We are an international community and sometimes a little bit of sensitivity to other people in the community is required. I like the loop and the fact that it is monitored and cleaned up enough to let my child come here. There are plenty of sites out there where anything goes! This is Shans game and he makes it what he wants it to be... Like it or not. You can't come into my house and just say whatever you want cause I will boot your a** as well! And nobody but Martin and the mod knows what the email said.... And it's none of my business. I agree DJ4real that it almost seems rediculous sometimes the level of monitoring and the power trip that some of the mods seem to be on.... But they are just doing what they have been directed to do. There are consequences to actions in this world and that includes the loop!
    Noe have you heard that hip hop is dying?....(attempt to lighten mood and side track thread)....

18. 254504
    Unknown User : Thu 6th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

I gotta agree with Dj4Real.
    After 2 almost 3 years, this site is getting a lil boring.
    Or maybe it's just me. But I do have to feeling is that the mods are holding the ropes to tight. They jump in too fast to warn people. But that's just my opinion.

Peace

19. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Thu 6th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

On a positive note:

For me the best Moderator on this site is DextDee. I had a situation here that lead to someone closing there account while I was busting my nuts on "Artist Spotlight". That Guy DextDee is Amazing! He reached out to me on Mixposer.com and Facebook.com. I'll never forget that. I'd give that guy the shirt off my back!

You talk about a moderator going the extra mile beyond this site. His actions saved me from deleting my account at that time and I did everything he recommended me to do because he gained my trust in him.

Awesome moderating DextDee! You truly personify what great moderating is all about. I am debt to you because after that I have made some of the best music of my life thanks to you DextDee!

20. 102056

If you dont stand up for the ones you respect the most, then what will you stand for?.

21. 636839
    simmerdown : Thu 6th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

being a mod on a day like yesterday must have been...very difficult to say the least

that clearly was a plea for help from martin, help no one here can give him from a distance, but if he were not banned we could at least support him i getting some help

i twinge a bit when i hear people say, 'this is just a music site', etc...but no...itunes is a music site, napster is a music site...with the inclusion of the social forum, this is a 'people who make music' site, and for many, myself included, it is definitely not 'just a website'

i'm sure you are reading this M2G....please seek help from someone you trust, find someone to listen and help you face to face.

22. 102056

@Mr Funktastic... You are so right. Dext is an awesome Mod... You know, there are extra responsibilities that come with being a mod. Some times you have to draw a line between showing you have power, and showing you have heart. This has been blown way out of proportion.

23. 102056

You know, this is'nt just a music site no matter how you put it..
    Thats why im still here. If this is just a music site then the forums need to be removed. This isnt the same site that I joined if this is just a music site.

24. 102056

what good is a community if it just dont care....I care about my fellow loopers. If any one here ever has a personal issue with life, music, or what ever.....Contact me personally I will do all I can to give to an ear and maybe advice......That is what a community is suppose to do...

25. 366784
    yeshintae : Thu 6th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

I can't believe what has happened in tha
    last 24 hours... lotta respect for Head Honcho
    and tha mods but hopefully this issue will resolve
    itself!

Martin bro hope ya feel better me German drunk!

Peace from LA

Posts 1 - 25 of 103

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.