Fl Studio Has Been Crashing When I Use Massive Vst

Posts 1 - 20 of 20
  1. 501262
    Unknown User : Sat 25th Dec 2010 : 11 years ago

I just got the MASSIVE vst yesterday and It was working fine up until this morning. Now every time I try to do anything with massive, Fl Studio crashes. Amyone have any ideas why?

2. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Sun 26th Dec 2010 : 11 years ago

Psychonautic, I just answered this same question for Becca. I use N.I. Massive. This problem is not exclusive to FL9.

You got to delete the database file for Massive. It's called "NIMassiveDataBase" and it may be hidden but the place to look under Win7 is:

C:\Users\[Your Account]\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Massive\

With Massive closed and your DAW closed delete the contents in that folder. Then from a clean desktop, and with your FL9 studio DAW closed. Open the "Massive" program in the standalone version mode from your Windows Start button Menu. This will create a new virgin clean database. Then shut down the Massive standalone app and start FL9 and load Massive as a VSTi.

Try to get jiggy with it, make some Dubstep stuff. Hope that works.

Mr. F

3. 673599
    Metabolic : Sun 26th Dec 2010 : 11 years ago

thanks sooo much mr funk my massive started doin this yesterday when i got the update for 1.1.5, i remember havin to do this the first time but i completely forgot, cheers man

4. 416005
    Becca : Sun 26th Dec 2010 : 11 years ago

MR. Funk, ;) Psychonautic is my nephew he was over here yesterday and we were working so hard on tunes, then BAM it crashed like 80 times. Thx so much I think I got it fixed!!

5. 630386

WoW! Small world Becca, but hey I like that! Music runs in the blood of your family, how cool is that! Time to make some killer wobbles.

Mr. Funk

6. 630386

@Twiglet

Cheers man! Congrats on M-Audio MPC and Pro Tools 9 Bundle. I know we are going here some awesomely hard killer tracks from you soon Twiglet.

Let me know when you get your first Pro Tools 9 MPC track up. I am also using an M-Audio Oxygen49 with DirectLink for Reason 5. Really cool stuff here.

Mr Funktastic!

7. 396427
    LovensBeats : Sun 26th Dec 2010 : 11 years ago

MRS.FUNK !!!!!!!!!! I JUST WANT TO SAY HI LOL

8. 673599
    Metabolic : Sun 26th Dec 2010 : 11 years ago

cheers mr funk ive bin gettin to grips with it today, hopefully ill have somethin up soon

9. 630386

Yo Lovens, aah how did you know I was married? Maybe from Facebook. Yes, there is a Mrs. Funktastic!

Mr. Funktastic!

10. 445468
    Genus : Sat 29th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

I've got XP and it keeps crashing for me, meaning I have to restart FL... Gutted

It's not where you say on XP and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Does anyone know where it is ?

11. 673599
    Metabolic : Sun 30th Jan 2011 : 11 years ago

open ur users as in suchaname,Mydocuments dont go in my documents tho, click tools-folder options click the view tab n click the little box saying show hidden folders n then app data should appear

12. 452189
    RotenBeats : Fri 8th Apr 2011 : 11 years ago

ive got the same problem and have 2 files
    NIMassiveDataBase
    NIMassiveDataBase_ul , anyone know what one coz i dont wanna delete the wrong one thanks

13. 673599
    Metabolic : Sun 10th Apr 2011 : 11 years ago

both man, there should be three things to delete

14. 452189
    RotenBeats : Sun 10th Apr 2011 : 11 years ago

sweet yehyeh just 2 deleted both, thanks people !

15. 293573
    Spudsy : Sun 10th Apr 2011 : 11 years ago

Used to get this problem all the time but since i updated to version 1.4 it aint happened for months..

Also it kinda tends to mostly only happen with cracked versions..

Naughty boys :P

16. 1088502
    tendeir0 : Tue 22nd Apr 2014 : 8 years ago

I had the same problem, what i did was delete all files in this folder(even the mca and motions folders): C:\Users\[Your Account]\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Massive\

After doing this i opened up massive again and it worked just fine.

17. 666289
    FreeRadical : Wed 23rd Apr 2014 : 8 years ago

I have absolutely no idea,but consider yourself lucky that you're not George Michael. He crashes his Mercedes every time he attempts to go to the shops.

But in all seriousness, what is the massive VST? What does it do and is it worth getting as an add on to FL studio?
    I'm getting a bit tired of using loops and could use some more phat sounds to bring my stuff more up to date.

Cheers in advance.

18. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 23rd Apr 2014 : 8 years ago

Massive is quite fun to program sounds with. Has unique routing possibilities and some unique effects. The "stepper" and "performer" options are very sweet for controlling different parameters.

19. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Thu 24th Apr 2014 : 8 years ago

I guess you could say the VST was too "Massive" for FL to handle.

( )

20. 1095400
    AnalogDisc : Thu 24th Apr 2014 : 8 years ago

well I got such problem like that. actually Massive is always missing from my FL list (not big prob since I`ve never used it ...lol) and alwazs had search everz time I want to use it... a little buggy instrument (especially when it`s cracked) BTW...

FreeRadical: Massive is mainly for dubstep like those wobble things and those dirty electro basslines, cuz` it can be very different depend on notes zou pressing...

Posts 1 - 20 of 20

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.