Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

Is Your Signifigant Other An Artist Like You

Posts 1 - 25 of 46
  1. 416005
    Becca : Fri 22nd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

I was just wondering how many people on here are in a relationship with another artist like yourself? Or if not is that your ideal mate? My boyfriend doesn't hardly ever listen to music let alone know how to even play anything on my piano.

2. 366784
    yeshintae : Fri 22nd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

ahahahah

most girls i've dated like listenin' to music
    but not artists themselves....

although there WAS ONE who attended Ai
    for Music... she had quite a wonderful voice....

ahahaha

Peace from LA

3. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 22nd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

My wife is a multitalented artist. We used to have a band together where she played bass, drum machine, and did vocals. Now she mostly paints and does collages. She's also a very talented writer. Good thread!

4. 435244
    Thethanx : Fri 22nd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

Yea cool thread for sure! My girl has HORRENDOUS stage fright... She plays some guitar and sings quite loverly, but when we first met I couldn't get her to touch the thing with me in the room. She's getting a lot better even though she HATES me when I make her play for me.

On the other hand she's a fantastic visual artist and does beautiful paintings as well. Yup a woman of many talents mine is.

5. 230755
    Unknown User : Fri 22nd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

Lol yesh! mate, you realise we're the only ones without artistic gals on our arms? I'm gonna fix that tomorrow, gonna take a drive around the "National College of Arts"...what's your plan?

HAHAHHAHA dude this is so messed up, none of my babies have been into what I do to chill out, they've all been more concerned with my legal career, which is understandable...they got one mouth to feed, and then two, and soon enough...three...you know how it goes!

6. 416005
    Becca : Fri 22nd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

I have tried to get my boyfriend to learn the music thing, but he doesn't seem interested. He is just such a computer whiz. So I guess that's a plus cause if I need anything fixed he is my handyman. I just am working on music every night, and it would just be nice to have company with that.

7. 435773
    BrokenScythe : Fri 22nd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

Haha my girl happens to be an artist as well, shes going to the same college as me studying to get a degree in Graphic Design. Shes really very artistic, and shes actually making a prototype web magazine for Looperman.com as I write this lol. Shes creative, and Ive always dug that about her.
    How about yourself Becca?
    Good thread indeed!

8. 158799
    alividlife : Fri 22nd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

I have a complete soft spot for girls that are musical.
    Never dated a musically involved person either....

=/

Dang gonna have ta work on that...
    I decided personally that I am never going to settle for less than I want ever again in my life, so my next serious fling that I take seriously will be filled with music.
    But yea.
    I write songs for all my girlfriends, or ... at least about girls anyway.

9. 366784
    yeshintae : Fri 22nd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

SHOOT DV8

i dunno if i can find me an artist for me arms...
    ahahaha the girl i have me eyes on wants to be a doctor...

WELL at least I won't have to worry about bringin' the
    dough home
    ahahahhaha

Peace from LA

10. 471471
    Luckyfeatherstudios : Fri 22nd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

sadly all my ex's always pretend to me infused with art our music, but they were all poets haha (odd). in all honesty i have a very different style of music that gets in my head.. i know i am not alone in that other people out there like the sames bands as i do.. but after find poetic girls and such i find that people more in touch with there creativity are allot harder to go out with.. now this is just the way i see it, does not make it fact or even true..

but people that are more in touch can make more amazing love life or have very cute moments, but when things go bad the go pretty bad and it is quite tiresome to deal with. in all honesty i am tired of being attacked for in ability to fight with people about mundane things. i simply just have no drive to be right or prove my point until some one insults me in a way i just refuse to back down.

i tend to be very upright, but set aside in a way. must artist are booming with pride ( mainly when they get really good) and it shows very much so in everything they do.. now there maybe some people who can handle being good at something, but most people's pride comes rushing in.. so id rather go out with some who has very tiny amounts of artistic traits. i would like a girl that can in all honesty respect music in its graces. the same for poetry and writing or even in labor and work. all things a person does should be respected wholeheartedly, however i would not a girl that proclaims them selves an artist.. haha

now again these are my thoughts and mine alone on this subject. i dont claim to be smarter than any one or that this is solid facts..

11. 254504
    Unknown User : Sat 23rd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

Lol let me keep it to this.
    Every girl i know/kown is to stupid to even remeber to play 1 note. So for me, it's beter to keep my music a lil more on the background :P

Peace

12. 337681
    ruff_trak : Sat 23rd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

lol lymix, u sure your not from london? haha

13. 83445
    JohnBoutilier : Sat 23rd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

The women I have dated have almost always saw my desire to write and/or make music as activities that only served to keep me from them, lol. I would love to find a woman with whom I could share my creative side. Someone to write stories and poetry with and someone to make music with.

Alas, such a prize has long escaped my grasp.

14. 416005
    Becca : Sat 23rd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

I sometimes wish my bf was an artist, actually always lol. I know now though that if we ever break up I know what kind of guy I want. I can play piano and make beats all day every day. I spend all of my free time doing music, and I can seem to only concentrate when my bf isn't around or asleep. I try to understand its not his passion or life, but it's mine and thats all that matters.

15. 416005
    Becca : Sat 23rd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

@lymixthebull u crack me up Marcel. Wow,

16. 158799
    alividlife : Sat 23rd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

lol...
    I actually used to mess around with a really hot musician.. but ehh.. I think it's the "free-bird" syndrome...
    I mean.. I live with a buncha musicians, and it's always freaking battle of EGOs. I like my moody indie rock and death metal. My other roomate has a TATOO OF NICKLEBACK. Seriously this guy is an alcoholic I swear lolz. And my other roomate is a certifiable wankster.

But anyhow.. I blast dubstep and the whole house doesn't know what to do.

But yeah, I think two musicians .. man.. Wouldn't that be awesome?
    Get it on!!!!
    lol

I just found out Kaki King is a lesbian. My heart is crushed.

17. 471471
    Luckyfeatherstudios : Sat 23rd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

it may just be me but i kind like not haveing an ego war with people : ) ^ haha.. but to each his own haha

18. 158799
    alividlife : Sat 23rd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

:)

I just get really mad listening to nickleback...
    they don't suck.. but they do. No they do.. No... they are all right... I don't know..
    no they suck...
    meh

"Big yellow demons swinging from the ceiling"-- indeed.
    One of the stupidest lyrics ever... I swear...
    Something in your mouth... gah...
    *shudders*

ANyway

I know LuxDivon, which is the project of BosonHavok, who is a local legend, is a husband/wife band.
    They rock too.

19. 230419
    blackryan : Sat 23rd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

My wife designs and makes clothes as a hobby. Pretty talented though and has made wedding dresses for peeps before. She is currently thinking of making a business out of it in some way.

20. 265632
    WeazelBeats : Sat 23rd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

My girlfriend likes my music but I make electro and she plays saxophone in a bigband :D

21. 308224
    theHumps : Sat 23rd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

atm, my guitar is my significant other. I love to run my hands up and down her neck and play with her knobs. In return she sings to me.

Does that count?

22. 666289
    FreeRadical : Sat 23rd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

No, my ex signifiant other was a pain in the a$$, And the one before that, and the one before that etc etc.....

23. 366784
    yeshintae : Sat 23rd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

LMAO Humps!!!

sounds like ONE INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP!!!

AHAHAHA

LOL Nick!

of course your exes are a pain in the a$$.

if they WEREN'T they wouldn't be your ex
    LOL

Peace from LA

24. 209373
    KIESERSAUCER : Sat 23rd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

Man if I could only find a woman with my music prowess! That would be kool because all my ex's just didn't get it lol!! They just don't understand the passion!! Very good thread!!

25. 339043
    StephenPotter : Sat 23rd Oct 2010 : 10 years ago

Never been in a relationship at all in my life, so I can't really answer the question here, but I can say that if I was going out with another musician, that would be awesome.

From what I can tell, bands/groups in relationships are normally pretty good. Just look at Andrew and Jillian Aversa, those two are amazing FL users, and from what I can tell have a really good relationship and like doing what they do.

But yeah, I can't really answer this question.

Ste :)

Posts 1 - 25 of 46

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums