Tiltedbeats : Mon 13th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

i'll lay a track down for planet any day of the week HAHA

:D

2. 274483
    xXSecretScienceXx : Mon 13th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

junglist movement

3. 456953
    roel13 : Mon 13th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

im no rapper neither tho i love all kinds of music!even rap! making hardcore is my thing

4. 265632
    WeazelBeats : Mon 13th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

No rapping for me !

I all electronic stuff! (electro-house!!!!)

5. 334474
    WaPer : Mon 13th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

Electro, Trance, Techno, Dance.... Thats my way, but rap or hip hop? Im to far away from this genres....

6. 456633
    Music4Life : Mon 13th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

I'm not a rapper. I wish I could rap.

7. 71369
    Unknown User : Tue 14th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

I'm not a Rapper as well... I guess xD!

8. 375728
    Cybertooth : Tue 14th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

you know what i would love to see, less "need hip hop for this mixtape" or at least more of other genres. if i need to hear some hip hop or pop i can just turn on the radio, but i dont, so thats why im here.

but as for what i produce.... dubstep, glitch, idm, ambient, industrial, dnb, techno, trance, house, etc. ive even done some classical and jazz productions (that SUCKED, but still) pretty much everything but Pop and Hip Hop/rap... maybe ill get around to those someday and the youll have to call me genre master

9. 435773
    BrokenScythe : Tue 14th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

@Cyber
    Brother, it is true that there is plenty of Hip-POP is on the radio, but not true Hip Hop at all IMO. Aldo Underground always has had a different flavor.
    Radio is never a good representation of any genre actually...its just what the industry want you to buy because its easily marketable...
    If all the genres got a lot of radio play...even then it'd be a very narrow range of that type of music. Just simple pieces of it.
    In short, everyone on here who puts soul in it deserves to be listened to, Hip Hop or otherwise.
    However I completely understand, a lot of people are turned off by what the radio SAYS Hip Hop is, when its really not so simple as "hey lets rap about girls,cars and money, get a pop type beat, and call it the best Hip Hop can be!"
    Best examples in my mind that prove that whats on the radio is crap compared to the underground as of lately are:
    Atmosphere, Grieves, Nujabes(RIP), Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Aesop Rock and many other artists that are out there making highly skilled, soulful music. (Although Jedi Mind makes more angry hardcore)

10. 375728
    Cybertooth : Tue 14th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

@brokenscythe

maybe dude, but i still probably wouldnt like it quite as much persay IDM. theres tons of hip hop out there, im sure id like some of it, but theres so friggin much to sift through, i minus well stick with the underground genres i know i like. plus there are a few genres that it seems impossible to popularize....

11. 435773

O no dude im not saying "GO LISTEN! RAGH!" Lol
    I was just putting it out there brother. I feel you though, theres a lot of iffyness around Hip Hop.
    Theres those that are in for money, and those for music.
    I completely understand, because many of genres you named dont have a commercialized market really, so its all love for sound. You can just listen to the awesome variety, no sifting needed.

12. 427885
    gany61 : Tue 14th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

i love every sound of the universe when it comes to rap/hip hop world it obviously dominates easelly i rap in 4 different languages is anything wrong with that? No. Express yourself in whatever you do and try your hardest to do the best evertime you do it. But that question kinda offends me so for that diddy said '' cant stop, wont stop.''

13. 357283
    Marius9 : Tue 14th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

I am not a rapper, and though I lay down the occasional beat, I don't consider myself a hip hop producer either.

14. 230419
    blackryan : Tue 14th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

Have never rapped and never will.

15. 401727
    BlumeChoon : Tue 14th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

Man I wish I could spit some bars. But nah just a beat maker. I do like underground hip hop though. Jedi MInd TRicks, Cunninlynguists, (Aesop (Blockhead), Atmosphere, Dead prez, Sage Francis, Army of the pharoahs, Hieroglyphics, Dj Shadow, and so many others...I like to produce hip hop as well. But my main love is Jungle/DNB...

16. 427885
    gany61 : Tue 14th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

you know thats a dumb question with an obvious answer if really think about it you should've not posted it its offensive, straight up you wasnt looking for the answer when you did it was something else that you're after, i love every genre but i dont compare no music world with the hip hop/rap universe like i always say ''there is some ways you shouldnt walk on''

17. 89627
    hardwareexorcist : Tue 14th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

i write industrial music and work with several subgenres under that heading: coldwave, ebm, electro-rock, etc. i do dabble quite a bit in trip hop, but they have a definite rivet edge to them.

i'm really impressed with the way this thread was handled. this could've easily spun out of control quickly into a flame war, but it didn't, which says alot about the people on this site and the loose solidarity amongst electronic musicians. which, to me, is just amazing and inspiring.

futhermore, i'm really impressed with the rappers/hip hop producers/artists that contributed to this thread clarifying what they felt are some misconceptions concerning their chosen style without devolving into angry rants.

since i've been frequenting this site, i haven't had a problem with getting overwhelming with genres not to my taste. i just stick with the forums and threads that are within my circle of interest.

hell, you guys are all right.

18. 435773

Yeah Hardware, this place is awesome. There hardly big disputes, because most of the time we respect each others beliefs.
    I have to say that coming here is by far the best thing to happen to me as a producer thus far. It's just a great community.
    I think this can be concluded with, yes, there are a lot of people here who aren't rappers.
    And there's a lot of good rappers here as well. haha L=

19. 375728
    Cybertooth : Wed 15th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

@brokenscythe
    man, thats probably part of the reason i like the genres, they dont get popularized (often). but for the longest time i only listened to music without words, thats probably another reason i am not doing hip hop. even within those low down genres its hard to find artists period, even though your more likely to like them. but yeah, it does seem to get pretty monotonous when it comes to people who are doing music for money, i mean of all the things you could expect to get paid well from, you choose music? thats something that you should want to do paycheck or no!

20. 229129
    CONEYISLANDRECORDS : Wed 15th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

PlanetJazzBass "keepin it real since the 50's"

Lol havent gotten to use that one in awhile.

I dont care what everyone else says,...you are a cool guy Dave!
    lol

21. 229129
    CONEYISLANDRECORDS : Wed 15th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

Dave on a 16? That would be dope fo sho!

Im trying to think of how it would sound/go. lol

22. 221309
    BigJoWezy : Wed 15th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwi7nwfMjig you know i rap i also do metal and rock too so hit me up and dont get madd at planet hes particular

23. 304968
    Gaffattack : Wed 15th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

yeah im a producer , hip hop producer , whanna hear something different ? check me out my hip hop is not industrial

24. 89627
    hardwareexorcist : Wed 15th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

"my hip hop is not industrial" - Gaffattack

what exactly does that mean? i'm a bit confused. hip hop's only relation to industrial is a similar use of technology. or are you implying something else entirely?

25. 435773
    BrokenScythe : Wed 15th Sep 2010 : 10 years ago

Short Hip Hop history lesson
    There are as of today, 4 Major eras of Hip Hop
    1.Old School(Incubation period, a lot of originality here)
    2.Golden Age(Hip Hop develops certain characteristics, styles are created, just an awesome evolutionary time)
    3.Modern(The beginning of commercialization and exploitation of the Hip Hop culture. Only one form really gets the spotlight, gangster rap. Thus leading to the idea that Hip Hop is all bad and stupid by many critiques)
    4.Industrial(AKA Hip-POP)((AKA "Hip Hop is dead" becomes a common statement. Fully commercialized with the spectrum of hip hop is popularized equaling only dance music, cookie cutter beats n raps or a horrible combo of the two is shown, with little exception.)

I think what Gaff is trying to say is his music doesnt follow today's common standards of what Hip Hop is. He doesn't make "hits" he makes true Underground Hip Hop music. Which I agree with. Gaff is a great example of sample based beats, which were the first type in existence. He also throws in his stylings to make it his own.

Posts 51 - 75 of 150

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums