Too Much Tension Here

Posts 1 - 25 of 39
  1. 422882
    BluntsAndBeats : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

man im just drunk to be honest but it seems like ther is way too much tension on here lately. I am still new but it seems like the loop is breakin down. maybe we need a massive music collab to bring the spirits back up? who knows. i sure dont. i jyust want everyone to be happy and have a good time. im sick of the "im leaving" posts and im sick of having to say goodbye to talented musicians. im sick of a lot of things lately im not trying to lash out....i just want to have a good time and have people to talk to. wheres the looperman chat at?? sounds like a good idea to me..anyways looperfam i will love u always,

cheers
    blunts n beats

2. 57449
    ChuckBaileyBand : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

I know I hate all the tension and leaving, thanks for the post man.

3. 636839
    simmerdown : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

in the big picture everything is fine imo

change is inevitable, though i wont deny it is in a bit of a lull, i would not call it decay

only if those who are truly into it and making music for the pure enjoyment start to dissappear, then, indeed, we're screwed

4. 408469
    bmw2000uk : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

I think life is depressing for all of us in some way as the world is not secure. Lets make a youtube video of us having fun!!! making music!!

keep on smiling, or they will win.

Peace...

5. 422882
    BluntsAndBeats : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

a youtube collab video, man that sounds awesome. if anyone interstd, send me vids a

maybe it the stella, maybe its all the fake people, maybe i just want something to do in my spare time...

im just so tired of sitting in the background doing nothing, ya feel me?

it feels like i was meant for greatness but i just cant pinpoint where to start

6. 83445
    JohnBoutilier : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

Sure bring this crap up. Dude that's the last straw, I'm outa here.

;-) just kidding

Things have gotten a bit too serious lately to be sure. I can't understand why someone would want to leave such a great community, especially during dark times, because there is so much moral support here.

I do have to admit, however, that I'm getting sick of the whining.

Peace and good spirits to all

John

7. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

The bottom line is always changing in peoples lives it's not up to anyone to judge,you can't expect everyone to blithely sail along and all be pals forever and ever..while Looperman is indeed a great place and many people form strong friendships here,to assess the so called tension here by the comings and goings of a few members is not a true reflection of what this place is really about...and that's an audio resource site....heaps more people will come and heaps will go..it's a great community and it's in fine shape....I agree with John about the whining.

8. 247253
    n0mad23 : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

You can think of it as joining into the continuity.

I've used loops from people here who'd "disappeared" a couple years before I joined up, and I can't help thinking that the site's a great microscopic reflection of the outside world. But unlike this site which has a known creation day, the physical world has been continuing back to long before historical records. Ideas, connections, interactions leading from one to another and bringing like minded people together to do stuff.

We're all here (in this now) because of the loops and music.

If we're grooving with the site, we're adding our own gifted resources, and sharing ideas in the forums. Just like those who were here for a while, and aren't anymore.

I'm hoping that as I've been inspired by some of the loops psychotropic circle left behind, some of mine might do the same when I'm not doing this anymore.

9. 1
    Looperman : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

Its just a website with a revolving door.

People come and people go

The only tension is your own minds and as ive said a million times the site is always in a good mood even if a few members are not.

Posts like this do nothing but make people think their is a problem with the site where in fact its just people doing what they do in every walk of life and putting more focus on one or two negative elements whilst ignoring the hundreds of positives that surround them.

10. 432659
    ChrissG : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

ahh the drunkern times.. I know them oh too well. Damn ive written some heavy posts along the way while intoxicated. I love this site.. even in a drunk frenzy I manage to talk myself into loving this site, qualms and all.. But thats beyond the point.. Im just chit chatting really, I have nothing much to say on this post.. Just feel a bit left out so here is my 2 cents. I will say this though.. beauty is in the eye of the beholder while frame of mind is the key. yea ill stop talking crap now, laters people.

11. 224104
    Mosaic : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

@Blunts

Mate I dont think there is much tension here as you put it (Too much tension here), I find the opposite, people are enjoying themselves doing what the site is about which is posting loops and music they have created, maybe everyone is getting sick n tired of forum posts about people leaving, and everyone jumping up and down say you can not leave, or if you leave I will leave too, which does not help the community harmony with posts like that or even posts like this one, sure it is nice to show you care about the person leaving, but it is better to give your blessings more then trying to make them feel bad for leaving, it is always sad to see great people leave, but that is life, people do have other parts to there life apart from Looperman it does not mean that they do not think or care about the friends that they have made here, but families and living has to come first, yes some are here to hopefully one day make money from there music, but to most it is a hobby, so it is not number one in there life, if I had to choose between music and my family, of course music would lose out, it is family FIRST always, luckily for me I dont have to choose, I have both that work well...

On the bored part of your post, there is no such thing as IM BORED, boredom is what you allow it to be in your mind, there is so many things people can do in there life, like making music as so many talented people here do on the loop, if you dont want to do music, find another hobby to do, eg gardening stamp collecting, there is always something to do,I notice you joined the community in July, you are bored already??
    (im just so tired of sitting in the background doing nothing, ya feel me?) well make loops and/or music/collabs then you would not be as you put it sitting in the background doing nothing, you would be giving something to the looper community, so easy...

""it feels like i was meant for greatness but i just cant pinpoint where to start""
    Hey on this matter, everybody feels like this sometime in there life, that is human nature, always wanting to improve or achieve a dream, if you do feel that need, do something about it, if it is not what you are doing now, move on to try and achieve your goal, it is not going to come to you, sometimes it never will, but life is what you make of it...

I recall since I have been coming into forums, this is the second time that you have stated that you are drunk when doing posts in just over a month of being on the site, maybe it is a good thing to turn PC off until you are Sober, things always seem more clouded when drunk, just a thought...

@ n0mad Dave and Shan totally agree with your points in your posts

Peace love and Respect all

Estefano...

12. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

Here, here, Looperman and n0mad23. Very well said. This Site is always in an Excellent mood! There are so many other places to get help for personal issues and A.A. is one them.

If you here for the music, then make your music, download some music or comment about some you heard. That's the way to go.

13. 159051
    Unknown User : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

Hehe, i know the drunken times too.
    But I know, that the feeling is much better, when I woke up in the morning with better thoughts.

Love this site, love the "most" people here :)
    Well a chat would be nice, but I guess, it would stoke conflicts at all.
    Does anyone thought about a looperman.com-promotion video on youtube?

Peace

14. 677927

elsd your right turn of when drunk
    were trying to amke a better world here
    we all get hard times and to surport each other is one thing
    putting down the site is like scoreing own goals so keep ya head up and respect us who are trying to make it a happy and respectful site which it is
    z

15. 230755

Drinking and posting beats drinking and driving any day. Atleast this way you get to wake up and see what comments others have left...hehehe I can imagine what you'll be thinking when you read the above lol!

Not a thing man, I've done the same millions of times. Infact, *reaches for HIS beer* let's get on the same page here, then we'll talk!

*chug*glug*spills-over-his-face-and-hair*

"mmmmmMMMMmmmmmM!"

16. 666289
    FreeRadical : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

I'm not noticing any tension.

Occasionally i see posts telling the odd person they are out of line for a comment that's been said.

Otherwise it's all good.

Now, who wants a fight then? (joke)

17. 143864
    Vizronics : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

I would like to suggest that most of the people myself included who get frustrated and say 'i quit' are dealing with deeper issues than just music and beats. I feel that if we are a family we should be sensitive and compassionate. The intensity of a person who pays their bills with music is naturally going to be higher than that of a person who does this for fun. I am more intense because since last fall, when being on looperman got me some very good work, this is how I have been making a living and I want that to continue. I am in my forties and dont have time to waste. I need to make the most of every opportunity, so yes, I/we become more intense and emotional. I would be willing to bet that these people who are so 'in control' and even keeled are just hobbyist, sharing beats with friends and here for reviews and comments. This site helped me in so many ways, the main being a few friendships that I have developed. All I am saying is this: A man who is trying to build something for his life is going to be more passionate than someone who is making 'dope beats' for his buddies to hear. None of us are perfect. Not everyday is good. Maybe sometimes we do need to hear 'It will be ok, just hang in there' It's a great site. But everything is not going to be sunshine up your knickers. Deal with it...together. You are not better because you are calm and in control. How many TRUE artist worth anything are 'normal' and in control. Quite frankly, I like the old saying "True talent sometimes indulges itself'. So, now you all can tee off on me and use phrases like 'Drama Queen', Self pity, and so on.....but it is the quirks and emotional swings that help me do better music. The pain, hurt and disappointment make the music more authentic. That's just my opinion. I have learned so much from listening to people here on this site. I am probably one of the 'Drama Queens on mood swings'. But I know I am not holier than thou and seek to improve. Loops, samples, and beats are important. But they are an extension of the people here. Lives played out in sonic fashion. Aural communication. Viva Le Difference'

18. 677927

Vizronics very true my friend

19. 203223
    Gordw : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

Ya the druken times in my younger years .Afraid I don't remember too much of them. They happened more than I care to mention but I just don't remember them......maybe a good thing.

I really really love this site and the people on it. I think we all have to remember that each of us has a life outside of this site with problems and concerns and worries (some more than others). I think this is why some of use need to vent on or even quit on this site. If someones having a bad day we here it. You have to remember that most people on this site are artists and creative. And these types of people (me included) are sometimes a little out there, we can sometimes take things personal and out of context and blow things outa perportion. I do it everyday. An example of this right now is me. I'm half loaded and stressed out and quit my job of 8yrs with "0" notice yesterday. I was pissed off and had enough of the bullsh...t. So see we all have crap and without realizing take it out on others. Anyway sorry for my rant and please know I never intend any offence to anyone.......It's just my 2 cents. All take care.
    Gord

20. 435773
    BrokenScythe : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

I havent noticed much tension on this site since Ive joined. I really think that some people get how this site works, and others just dont. Its a community, not a place to burst in , "check out my beats, I say no other detail on them except ""drop feed"" and will never return it, as well as never get involved or praise anyone or give constructive criticism to anyone, or upload a loop or acapella ever"
    This site is not about being an individual to me, its about exploring and working with the massive and sheer amount of music out there, good and bad. And inputting your own musical impression.
    Its a lot like a melting pot, and although there are a few "chunky" members, most of us fondue pretty well in my opinion.
    I love this site, and I agree that a youtube series of us making music and maybe sharing a bit of ourselves more would really make a message.
    We are all just people who love music in our own way, and try our best to make something bbeautiful,hard,sick,twisted,dark,happy,sorrowful,violent,peaceful aand much more out of it.

21. 159051

@ BrokenScythe

Exacly this sight i had must learn in the past.
    True words

22. 158799
    alividlife : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

Agreed. I hope I am beef. Or some marinated pork. Awesome melting pot.

I used to really feel the tension around here. And I think a lot of it is as Vizronics has stated.... That's a poweful place to be man, embrace that before you become jaded and contemporary lol. Seriously much respect.

I like the anology looperman used when I first joined.. it's like a bar. People come and go. There's crazies, and most people just mind their business.
    Hell I have been a drama queen.. well.. I am just a loud mouth.

Umnnn oh! Plus.. I have talked to Eshar A LOT. She's doin' great! Just a lot of personal stuff that needed to be attended to. As she has shown me thru her wisdom, sometimes we have to pull deep down inside, and kinda isolate from the world to recreate. To gain a new perspective.

I am really digging the youtube idea btw. I would like to see more videos, and I really just need to do one already....

Anyway, oh, and @ BrokenScythe-- you used adjectives! That was my favorite part about your post. heheh

23. 358310
    JustTony : Fri 20th Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

Hm, this will lighten the mood.

I'm obsessed with playing Warhawk, or so my girlfriend tells me. Find me on there, HerrxWulf and maybe join the Soaring Dragon clan.

In other news, here's this update.

Positive: I got a new job at McDonald's.

The Negative: I now work at McDonald's.

Mm... Good times! Not really. Mice, crickets, sanitation issues and all sorts of things to be found in ours. Bleck.

Oh! I got a $3 hat at Walmart that reminds of the hats worn by Eucadians in Warhawk. What? NO!? I'm not obsessed!? Hm... Yeah, I am. ^_^

24. 422882
    BluntsAndBeats : Sat 21st Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

lol wow i didnt think this was gonna take off to more than a couple posts. I wasnt trying to start crap or anything, cause i love you guys and i always will!

no more drunken posts from me man haha, well maybe but i wont start crap next time!!

LOVE YA LOOPERFAM!

25. 375728
    Cybertooth : Sat 21st Aug 2010 : 11 years ago

like beauty, what is tense is in the eye of the beholder.

Posts 1 - 25 of 39

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.