See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

I Taught Myself A Lesson

Posts 1 - 10 of 10
  1. 143356
    HaxBox : Fri 13th Aug 2010 : 10 years ago

And the lesson is, re-check your track when you done, do not rush on publishing it, and try to make it perfect.

I was uploading multiple versions of the same track and i felt kinda weird.

2. 373037
    K1Clean : Tue 17th Aug 2010 : 10 years ago

I agree with that. Like how do you expect someone to listen, to 5 tracks. Just to hear it vaguely as you intended as 1 track. You will have lost your listener and they may be bias'ed because now they gotta go thru some BS to listen.
    Not saying this about you. Just agreeing and stating what you said, in my own words.

3. 345547
    Cufool : Tue 17th Aug 2010 : 10 years ago

ya bro, couldnt agree more. A good idea is to listen to it all day on as many different system as you can find, play it in your car, headphones, pc, whatever

4. 143356
    HaxBox : Wed 18th Aug 2010 : 10 years ago

I just cant find a really good DAW, Fl studio sucks balls. YEs its simple and easy, but it lacks of plugins.

5. 339043
    StephenPotter : Wed 18th Aug 2010 : 10 years ago

The solution to Fl's plugins is modifying the sound, and downloading freeware plugins. The only non-freeware plugins I have now is Gladiator 2, and a couple of plugins that came with CM Magazine. Everything else came with Fl8 or is free. 3xosc can make some pretty decent sounds if you modify it enough, sytrus is quite a powerful tool, FL studio is actually a half decent daw, its definatly as serious as all the others. The automation clip maker/piano roll work really well together, there are plenty of plugins which work with it, the only real issue is that the CPU often produces crackling/lag on the audio, but once I got a soundcard that should sort it out.

And remember, a bad workman blames his tools, but a bad musician buys tons of them.. the trick is to get everything out of your plugins, don't buy more until you've fully drained the ones you have.

Ste :)

6. 366784
    yeshintae : Wed 18th Aug 2010 : 10 years ago

@haxbox

Wtf are you talking about don't be hating on the fruity...

Just YOU can't make good music don't mean
    OTHERS can't...

Oh and if you hate on the fruity
    Butchaa will chew you out.. lmao

7. 404736
    Lioncash : Thu 19th Aug 2010 : 10 years ago

Fruity Loops actually has quite a nice set of stuff for a cheap DAW workstation. I was surprised to see all the options you get with something like that.

If you can't find any good effects/VSTi's just browse the web for them. There's tonnes of them.

If you have ever worked on a Linux machine before, or currently have one, try the DAW called Ardour, has to be THE best free audio workstation. Plus who knows, maybe you'll find what you're looking for :3

Also

http://www.vst4free.com

There's a site that tries to archive all free VST/VSTi plugins. Look there if you're looking for a particular effect/instrument. You may find it =D

8. 422882
    BluntsAndBeats : Thu 19th Aug 2010 : 10 years ago

doesnt really bother me, i like seeing how a track evolves. what i dislike is when someone uploads 5 different tracks within 60 seconds of each other. seems like they dont care about their stuff, they just upload til they hit their limit

9. 274483
    xXSecretScienceXx : Thu 19th Aug 2010 : 10 years ago

reason......do it

10. 339043
    StephenPotter : Thu 19th Aug 2010 : 10 years ago

Oh good. A DAW war. Now the Fl users are going to attempt to kick the crap out of the Ableton users, but are going to fail because ableton can make some amazing sounds, but I can't figure it out. Then the pro tools users are going to hit the Reason and cubase users with frozen bottles... Or am I imagining things?

I like cubase actually, I can only use it in my school, but it seems a little old fashioned, but in a good way.

Ste :)

Posts 1 - 10 of 10

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums