Lyrics Section

Posts 1 - 9 of 9
  1. 102056
    Dj4Real : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 11 years ago

What does every one think about a lyrics section of the site. I know for my self, I have lots of lyrics, or parts of lyrics that I will never use and would like to donate them. Maybe some one else will find it nice and want to add to it. Or use it there track or tracks. What are the pro's and cons of this idea. I would like to open this up for discussion..

How does the looper community feel about this..

2. 583767
    eshar : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 11 years ago

Personally I think there's a big difference between donating loops and donating lyrics.

I've had problems with people using my lyrics how they see fit as it is...finding them posted on lyrics sites.

If lyrics were uploaded what kind of status would they hold...?

The loops are free and royalty-free...the acapellas are free but NOT royalty-free....

Presumably the lyrics would have to be on the same basis as acapellas...but there are times when "guests" that use the site fail to distinguish between the difference and use the acapellas in a commercial way when they don't have permission to do so.

3. 300400
    RickMal : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 11 years ago

hey eshar when u say "not royalty free" what do you mean??does it mean the loops can be used here and anywhere else but the pellas can only be used here??

as for the lyrics dj4Real i reckon itd be okay as long as people do know that when they put them up they can be used anywhere,as you'd like to "donate" tho then obviously u wouldnt mind who uses or where they go,,

there arent enouhg pellas here yet,,

4. 102056
    Dj4Real : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 11 years ago

Her is the difference.... With lyrics, when you post to this site, It is no longer yours...When you donate some thing, it is out of your hands. What Im talking about is a complete donation, because I no longer want or need the lyric and can be used as any one else see's fit. If it is stated in the agreement that you click once you post it, that once you donate the lyrics, It then become the property of who ever down loads it. You have to understand that lyrics can actually have 100 different musical backings, but then again, I think this is well known here.
    See alot of people can write the music, just have a hard time with lyrics. This could help with that..

5. 583767
    eshar : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 11 years ago

@RickMal - not royalty-free means that if you intend to use an acapella and make money from it...you have to contact the person who uploaded it to make an agreement as to the royalties you will pay them for using their work...it doesn't mean that the pella only has to be uploaded here...My pellas have appeared all over the place which is fine...as long as the person using them isn't selling their track...

@Dj4Real - I really admire your generosity of spirit...and I understand perfectly what you mean by donating...but I just think there may come a time that you will regret giving your lyrics away when the person using them is making millions and you're getting zilch...of course I could be wrong because the fact you're even suggesting this implies that you like to give without expectation of reward..

6. 677927
    Unknown User : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 11 years ago

yes im with eshar on the last comment she points out very well be aboslutely 100% sure what you want to do
    no point in regreting it later
    zero

7. 102056
    Dj4Real : Sat 24th Jul 2010 : 11 years ago

@eshar... If I have some lyrics sitting in a book that I just know will sit there., Im not going to make any thing off it any way. See the thing with me is, im never ending when it comes to writing music, beats, lyrics, you name it. I just keep writing.
    If they do some thing with it thast I could'nt, or would'nt. Then It is a plus in my book. And they just may come back needing more.. When you post a loop, does some one have to ask you permission to use it, or publish a song with it...no

If you post it...it is no longer yours.
    Loops are done that way, I think lyrics could be done that way to.. If you dont want any one else to get it, dont post it..
    Simple if you ask me..

8. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sat 24th Jul 2010 : 11 years ago

I'm going to have to preface my response to this thread with a disclaimer (which in itself is very annoying)..If you get upset by what I say don't take it personally and reply emotionally.

If it were just about lyrics and by that I mean for songs where people are actually singing I don't have a problem with it,or for spoken word with dimensionally encapsulated thoughts as in well constructed poetry no problems.....however if this area was then just going to be filled up with angst ridden one liners in a never ending monotonous cadence..No....there would have to be some sort of standard set,as there are for loops,then you have the problem of arbitrating that standard,with the resultant predictable infighting......I think it's a much better idea to just have a link in your profile page if your a lyricist to a file sharing site of your choice...there people can peruse at their leisure without compromise or overburdening the site in mediocrity.

9. 605220
    Ensam : Sat 24th Jul 2010 : 11 years ago

Another answer would be to have a specific forum section for people to post lyrics in as I have seen some being posted recently. That way Shan doesn't have to go through every one and if anything offensive or innapropriatte can easily be hidden by Shan AND mods.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.