Should You Be Able To Edit Or Delete Reviews

Posts 1 - 25 of 60
  1. 1
    Looperman : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/116967

Following on from that thread Ill put it to you guys to discuss whether or not you should have the ability to edit or delete reviews that are made to your tracks, loops or acapellas.

Also should the person who left the review be able to edit them too ?

If we come up with a decision one way or the other then ill change the system to what you all prefer.

2. 605220
    Ensam : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

I'm not sure I like the idea of someone being able to edit a review I've give although I have used the option to edit MY review, usually because of bad spelling or I have wanted to add something, so its a hard one.

Before we had the swear filter I could understand having the option to edit reviews when there were a lot of profanity ect.

Maybe the ability to flag a review so that you or us mods can edit it for the recipient in cases of abuse or spam.

Its a difficult one but I, for one, would never change someones review so do not need the ability to do so.

3. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

I think the capability should be there..if only for the very rare situation where someone uses abusive language...everybody on the loop is very switched on to what transpires in their reviews,both given and received...I can't really see a situation where it could be misused without other people knowing about it...I hate making spelling or grammatical errors as well,so I'd like the ability to edit the reviews I give.

4. 141901
    MCHN : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

I don't think reviews should be recipient deletable under normal circumstances. If the review is somewhat derogatory or spiteful, maybe a flagging system that only the recipient can use to notify admin or mods of the review. I guess the contact for could also be used for said cases. As for the reviewer being able to edit their reviews? Yes. I am horrible at keeping my reviews somewhat understandable. I try to capture it and type it out very quickly. Even after giving it a proof read and posting, I find so much that doesn't really make too much sense. Editing it lets me kind of make a much more intelligent review. Just my two cents. Cheers :D

5. 224104
    Mosaic : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

Reviews

I personally think that it should be left open if you wish to delete/Edit reviews, you should be able too,more so to edit a review that you have done eg for spelling etc, as long as it is not abused, I also do not delete reviews, bad enough when people delete tracks and you lose your reviews given to them, thats life hey...I have only delete one review that I gave out, which was out of protest, at another user that has had heaps of reviews coming in but none going out, not going to name user, but has had plenty of threads locked, basically I reviewed the person before realising who the person was, so went in and removed the review, I do agree that it is not nice to have your reviews deleted, hence I dont delete reviews, except for the one time, but the option should be left open to the user,again as long as it is not being abused...Peace...

Estefano

6. 83445
    JohnBoutilier : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

I think you should be able to edit or delete reviews you make. Your opinion might change. Then again, this is simply resolved by having the option to review the track again. As for reviews made on your tracks, I think you should be able to delete them (because of abusive reviews), but not able to edit them. If there's a prob, it should be easy enough to contact a moderator and have the problem taken care of in a proper manner (the offender reprimanded in an appropriate fashion and the review either deleted or amended). I do not think, however, that a person should be reprimanded simply because he\she did not like a track. That's a matter of taste. However, abusive language and manner should be be tolerated.

I hope that helps :-)

John

7. 1

Ill just add that any combination of who can edit what is possible as well as having a time limit on how long after a review is posted your able to edit it.

8. 60800
    jahknow : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

I rather be able to edit my thread posts. Typos.. >:(

9. 423821
    DeepMan : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

I think deleting reviews should be allowed but not editing it.

10. 605220
    Ensam : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

I agree with Deepman, if any combination is doable then the ability to edit reviews you have recieved should go, but you should be able to delete them. The reviewer should be able to edit there reviews but maybe on a time limit, and they too should have the ability to remove any reviews they have given......if that makes sense

11. 583767
    eshar : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

I definitely don't think you should be able to edit a review that's been given to you...regardless of what it says...if it's derogatory then of course you should still have the option to delete it.
    If it's offensive then you should be able to contact a mod and have them suspend the track and place a warning or a ban on the profile of the offender.

I actually think that being able to edit reviews that you give to others is an option that needs to stay. Simply giving another review means that points can be accrued...where as if you just modify your review...your points tally remains the same...it also helps to keep the layout of the site looking tidier...in my opinion.

So I'm agreeing with Deepman too.

12. 636839
    simmerdown : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

agreeing with the three posts above, I end up editing my reviews of others every time! please dont take that away!

now, soon i hope we will move on to the question of editing forum posts!

13. 439229
    mrE : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

several times i have replied to reviews of MY tracks only to find out My replies have been deleted. i dont care about points.i dont want my posts to be edited by anyone.if every single person ive reviewed suddenly deleted their tracks and i lost all those points it wouldnt affect me one bit, because points DONT matter AT ALL.

if someone reviews a track in an abusive manner....its pretty simple to point that out to administration and have them deal with it. if youre concerned about spelling errors....spell your words right.

14. 1

How about this

-Reviewer can edit review for up to 5 minutes after the review is posted.
    -Artist can edit reply up to 5 minutes after the reply is posted

Neither reviewer or artist can delete a review but instead has the option to flag the review or reply as abusive, inappropriate or spam which then shows in a list that only mods can see who may then take action.

15. 423821

Great.

16. 583767
    eshar : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

It does sound like a workable solution.

17. 439229

fantastic ideas

18. 423821

But now more work for mods...

19. 230755
    Unknown User : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

I don't think you should be able to EDIT reviews. Only delete them as m'lady Eshar has so rightly pointed out, and for the same reasons.

But we DEFINITELY need to be able to edit forum posts! Please, for the sake of the giant turtle that carries the earth on it's back, let us edit forum posts. A five minute time window would be fine, because mostly I spot typos or other problems within seconds of posting it, and then only a double post can rectify the issue. We all know how everyone feels about double posting.

The deviant has spoken!

20. 63133
    RogueAi : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

I would also like the ability to quote posts so people would know what you where replying to.

21. 372886
    Bilbozo : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

I think you should be able to edit other people's Avatars. There are a few worthy of a mustache or red eyes.

22. 340647
    Phyruis : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

why would you want to delete or edit reviews?...correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it part of life having to deal with other peoples negativity, jealously and stupidity... what are we trying to do create a false community were no one says anything bad about anybody..

I agree that sometimes people can be abusive but that's a job for the mods and the looperman...

we're for the most part adults and a little criticism hurts no one..

I do agree you should be able to edit your own posts.. theres nothing more annoying when you post something and it makes no sense because of a typo.. you didn't notice when you were in the flow of writing..

well thats my two pence any way...

23. 1

The reason posts cant be edited is that threads could quickly make no sense if things kept being changed.

Lets keep this about reviews for now as they are not full conversations

24. 230755
    Unknown User : Fri 23rd Jul 2010 : 9 years ago

Actually, I kinda agree with Numberjack. I mean, it wasn't really an issue until one, only ONE, person brought it up. The whole machinery was working well, it still is. I was kind of surprised Shan actually responded to this. I mean, apart from being able to edit forum posts, I'm well happy with the way things are at the mo. IF, however, a gun is put to my head and I'm asked to make a choice, read my earlier opinion.

Numberjack is right. It's all good.

25. 439229

so dv8 basically youre saying that my opinions dont matter and that because im the only one that has mentioned this it shouldnt be acknowledged.well...i dont want my posts censored bottom line...if you dont like my opinion on this ...too bad...

Posts 1 - 25 of 60

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads