A Way To Have A Looperman Event Who Is With Me

Posts 1 - 17 of 17
  1. 102056
    Dj4Real : Tue 29th Jun 2010 : 12 years ago

If there are any one here that is on Secondlife.com, Im now Djing twice a week at a club in second life. Im djing at a club called extasia...My name in the game Is Panique Camino.

If you have'nt heard of this, and you are a dj, this is a good way to be heard. It is free to sign up, download and play the game. Although it is a game, Its way more than that. There are thousands of clubs, bars, shops, you name it. All walks of life and all types of music. They have adult clubs, dance clubs, strip clubs. Malls...

I know there were a few people here that was wanting to hear me dj... well here is your chance.
    There is no harm in checking it out. If you do sign up, post here that you do and we can meet up in game of however.
    Come party with me.......

Think about this, maybe now we can actually have a Looperman event with out any one leaving there house...

2. 247253
    n0mad23 : Tue 29th Jun 2010 : 12 years ago

There's something very intriguing about a virtual community meeting in a virtual place. Made me actually ponder the possibility of a virtual Woodstock or something.

I attended a virtual memorial service a couple of years ago for a C++ programmer who'd died from a heart attack. It was a very cool event actually. The simulator community all logged on from different parts of the world simultaneously and gathered at a site on a simulated virtual Moon and fired up a memorial statue near the site that Apollo 12 landed. It was way more touching than I can describe, and really fulfilled a need for the humans participating.

Nice one Dj4Real!

3. 102056

Well it every one can sign up....it is frree to do so....i can put together an event

4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 29th Jun 2010 : 12 years ago

To each his own..but I'm into the real world...Virtual is ok for the Looperman experience and here there is very little role playing(apart from a few egomanics who have been banned) most people are exactly as you find them I think..and I have a certain amount of time in my life for it,but I think people run the risk of spending too much time glued to their computers and extrapolating into virtual situations...it's just weird.

5. 339043
    StephenPotter : Tue 29th Jun 2010 : 12 years ago

I'll admit I do act a little differently in real life, because I can't go round talking about filter cutoff to my friends who aren't musicians. But that could change next year because I lose all the subjects I don't want to do, and the people in my music group are all awesome, no-one in there I don't like. Doesn't mean they think the same of me, but I don't care what people think. If they think good, thats great, if they think bad, I don't care.

But keeping on topic, I think this would be a great idea, but I do agree with planet sorta, it is kinda wierd, but I can imagine not using the forum to talk but having a live thing, which to me is a lot better, but thats just because I'm used to it, sorta.

I know that Xbox Live was a good way to talk to up to 8 people at a time, but it did get a little overcrowded with 8 10-16 year olds shouting down their microphones, and 8 isn't a big number with 200000 people on this site.

Chatrooms could also be an option I geuss, but connection is an issue there. I know my PC doesn't have the best connection, but I know some people have it worse than me (unlucky, cos this thing is terrible :P) and so this event may not even be possible.

What I would do is organise an event in different countries every 3 months, so rather than meeting up over the internet, where everything seems to go wrong for me, meeting up in real life would be a better idea in terms of what could go wrong, but it would be getting people places that would be the awkward thing.

An online meet-up is an idea though. But can it progress beyond that? If it can, I want in.

Ste :)

6. 666289
    FreeRadical : Tue 29th Jun 2010 : 12 years ago

I tried it but it didn't float my boat really. I just wandered around senselessly wondering what i was supposed to do. Just like my normal life really (lol)

7. 102056

you have to type in what you want to look for in the search....
    Like free stuff, clubs,ect.... I can understand what you are saying though.... I can say im having fun with it. I dj tonight and it is wonderful to be playing again...even if it is in a virtual world....

8. 321181
    FlorinB92 : Wed 30th Jun 2010 : 12 years ago

hey, I'm gonna join this community today, I'll look for you...
    Cheers mate :D maybe we can do a b2b :D lol

9. 102056
    Dj4Real : Wed 30th Jun 2010 : 12 years ago

hey florin....that sounds good...let me know your toon's name...il add you as a friend..

10. 339043
    StephenPotter : Wed 30th Jun 2010 : 12 years ago

I have been going online and talking to people on a game called Garrys mod. Now the good thing about Gmod is that if you know the scripting and you host a certain game, you can stream whatever you have on your computer into Gmod and through everyone elses speakers. As for second life I doubt I could download it, but its probably better because I think its free, while Gmod costs 10. But I prefer Garrys mod because it is literally you, some friends, and a massive physics sandbox, I'm a nerd :P Nah, but in all seriousness who doesn't love massive explosions and crashing your pc in the process?

11. 375728
    Cybertooth : Wed 30th Jun 2010 : 12 years ago

i might try it just for kicks, no promises ill stay though

@stephen

when i get mad at my friends i start talking about overtones and waveform mathematics, the rest is predictable.

12. 321181
    FlorinB92 : Wed 30th Jun 2010 : 12 years ago

@ Dj4Real Florin Eddenbaum or something like that ... lol
    I'll check tomorrow if this isn't the right one
    P.S could you help me undterstand the game ? it's a bit hard for me lol ...

13. 102056
    Dj4Real : Wed 30th Jun 2010 : 12 years ago

@steven, in second life when I dj, it is really me. Im really playing. I have a job in the game djing at club extasia...it is an adult club so if you sign up you have to verify your age on your account to get into the club... And yes there is nudity, so its not good for kids.... The download is very, very small.
    I took me 10 mins and I was in game.

All im saying is, I am making this happen. Already got the club started. Working on lights at the moment.. My name in the game is Panique Camino. As far as money goes, if you are a female i can get you jobs in the game fast. ... Check it out.....
    If you are confused, the website will explain every thing..

14. 102056
    Dj4Real : Thu 1st Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

@florin...ok I will help you... I was confusing for me to... Read all you can, from the website...make sure you go to your account and verify your age to be abole to access adult areas..
    Lets set up a time to get together...

15. 375728
    Cybertooth : Thu 1st Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

hmmmm.... to be expected from a game like this i suppose

16. 339043
    StephenPotter : Thu 1st Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

Oh right I understand it better now. I may or may not download it, depending on if I have time to download it or space... my PC is short on space and last time I started moving stuff I lost REFX Nexus, so...

Maybe. Maybe not. I'll let you know if I do anything.

17. 375728
    Cybertooth : Thu 1st Jul 2010 : 12 years ago

oh yeah, i forgot about that problem too, im currently exiled from my workhorse computer. the one im using works but doesnt access internet as a failsafe. just missing a cable, then maybe....

Posts 1 - 17 of 17

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.