No No No No Please No

Posts 1 - 21 of 21
  1. 63133
    RogueAi : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

So I googled "Rogue Ai Counter Agent" and found my album to download for free. Stupid pirates. I already contacted my label, but I don't know if they will even bother.

2. 583767
    eshar : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

That's harsh Travis...and annoying for me personally as I paid good money for your album.
    You should contact the sites allowing free downloads and ask them to stop...they're infringeing your copyright.

Your label should intervene on your behalf too.

3. 63133
    RogueAi : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

I would but the sites don't have contact options.

4. 636839
    simmerdown : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

bunk, sorry to hear that travis
    try a very threatening sounding email
    followed by a...never mind

5. 583767
    eshar : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

You can try and find out by using WhoIs...but it is possible that they're hiding behind anonymity...especially as they're breaking the law...still its worth a try to track down the perpetrators,

6. 439229
    mrE : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

try finding the owners via Alexa. they provide info about traffic flow and owners and stuff

7. 337508
    subSpace : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

travis what is this site that has nicked your tunes

8. 337508
    subSpace : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

travis i just googled your album and its being shared on quite a few sites. which is worry'n for me as it could happen to me or who ever. i mean free what a liberty

9. 73162
    HMNN : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

I will not calm you, as others, I will not damn the bad pirates. Everybody knows who they are as humans but...It's a real life!
    And today _you_ _cannot_ _do_ _anything_ to prevent illegal distribution.
    So why worry? Just think about positive sides of the leak: now you have many-many sites making an advertisment for you (i've instantly found dozens of them in russian network) -> many listeners -> promoters -> club performances -> satisfaction and money.

10. 666289
    FreeRadical : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

I hate music/video pirates.

They will be the doom of the entertainment industry and it will be a sad day when all that is left..........Is Simon Cowell.

11. 666289

I hate music/video pirates.

They will be the doom of the entertainment industry and it will be a sad day when all that is left..........Is Simon Cowell.

12. 321894
    BlazinS : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

Wowww man, i always figured that pirating albums must be a huge issue for artists, but never have heard any real controversy or complaints from anyone until now. And just by putting myself in your shoes that sorta fuels some anger inside.

Im guessing the reason i havn't heard many complaints or controversy (based on the other comments as well) is because there really isn't anything you can do eh!?

The best solution i would have to agree with is Dungbeat. The threatening e-mail might get a quick response with ideas of how to take the next step. Seems like a battle one man/an army can't win.

Sorry to hear mayn.

13. 366784
    yeshintae : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

imma sorry to hear this happened to you
    fam'

perhaps Dungbeatl is right and the best
    course of action is to send an e-mail...
    OR you could try to shut down the website...

EITHER way i hope that you will find
    a solution to this problem....

Peace from LA

14. 340647
    Phyruis : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

this is a rubbish thing to happen to you brother..but it happens to all GOOD artists... the thing with the internet is when people aren't policed they lose all morals and lets face it the internet is just not police-able.. so all things considered it's kinda a weird compliment

15. 247316
    WoundedBuffaloBeats : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

Id defo take it as a compliment....i haven't paid for any music in about 10 years, thats terrible isn't it!!

Peace
    WB

16. 241119
    NoisicRecords : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

damn, that totally sucks Travis. I don't know what to say to help you feel any better, but I feel that since people are going to illegally download music, it should be distrubuted on free net labels, and pressed on vinyl for collector's items. My friends in the digi-hardcore band Realicide do this.

17. 83445
    JohnBoutilier : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

There has been a complaint from the music industry here in Canada that not enough pirated music is being burnt to cds. Yes, that's what I said. You see, here we pay a tax that is supposed to go to the music and movie industry when we buy cds and dvds. Now, because of Ipods and mp3 players, they are complaining that the aformentioned media are not being used enough. They now want similar taxes on ipods and mp3 players. Here, in Canada, they make money off pirated music.

18. 636839

maybe it is your label Travis that needs to recieve a very threatening email, they should be just as p.o'd as you, though maybe there is really nothing to be done sorry to say (HNMM) except find another way to get paid

maybe canadas model is correct, they can then funnel that tax money into food banks and homeless shelters for musicians and artists

(to eshar, thanks for removing the red, you were giving me nightmares, nj please follow that lead!, jk, im used to it now)

19. 339043
    StephenPotter : Mon 7th Jun 2010 : 9 years ago

@Travis: I feel for you, you spend so much time making songs for people to download of this site, then the second you add a price to it, some ass crack decides they don't want to pay. To be honest, to make a pirated version, it would take ages wouldn't it, to download you're album- legally or illegally- then to re-upload every single track.

This is quite a serious issue, and I dare say it is a legal one, so if you manage to get the pirated album off that site, then maybe you could get a lawyer.

I am starting to think, that musicians should pay insurance for their songs/albums if they have either been: A) Stolen, like yours or B) Stolen, as in they rip your song off as their own. And if they do that, they pay a fine, and you get the money from them. I know I've gone a bit off topic with this paragraph, but I do think it's a good idea to have some sort of protection on your songs if something does go wrong.

I'll admit, I did used to have a lot of pirated songs on my computer and mp3, but I don't now. It was before I really started taking music seriously, and before I really knew that I was in the wrong.

But now, even though people say "just download it of beemp3 or wuzam" I'd actually prefer to buy the album.

Travis, if I like what's on you're album, I'll buy it if I get the chance, because you have shown me what it must feel like to be robbed.

@NickQ I totally agree with you there :)

@John You are kidding me right? They profit of pirating?! That is messed up, no offence to you or you're country intended, but that is just unacceptable, that they support piracy, or am I just misinterpreting what you said? But none of that was aimed at you though, just because of one messed up government, it doesn't make the whole country messed up, the same way that germany had one evil leader, doesn't mean all germans are evil, which is actually a common belief where I live, surprisingly. I thought people would have more sense. Anyways, like I said, I really cannot believe that comment about piracy.

Ste :)

20. 636839

forgot the (s) up there about the shelters,lol, reads like i was serious!

21. 666289

There's not enough consequence for people who do it & people are unfortunately too stupid to realise the long term damage it's causing.
    I think since they are pirates we should just round 'em all up and make them walk the plank one by one.

Posts 1 - 21 of 21

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads