Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

Hated In My School

Posts 1 - 25 of 72
  1. 339043
    StephenPotter : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 : 11 years ago

I dont know why, but I seem to be disliked in my school for bieng different. Everyone just listens to songs which I find terrible, things like Cragga-Mr Postman, Cheryl Cole (But she is attractive :D ), Lady GaGa, N Dubz. The list goes on.

I've made posts and comments like this before, but the fact that I am seen as a freak for loving house, trance, dance etc and hating dubstep artists like Caspa is just ridiculous, whatever happened to freedom of speech?

Also, the kids in my school have been calling me a retard. They are predicted to get C's and Ds on their GCSE's in year 11. I already work at A*. So how am I retarded? I got angry and punched one of them in the face, we both got told off, but he decided to call me a retard in front of the teacher.

Wow, he must be way smarter than me to call me a retard right where the teacher can see me.

One final note, I probably wont be on much tommorow (maths revision) and over the weekend (my parents are planning something...)

Ste.

2. 379853
    Alen9R : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 : 11 years ago

It does not matter what others think about you, it is important what you think about yourself!
    Maybe your friends at school still does not understand the music seriously, like you!
    It will change with time,just do not heed to their comments!

3. 339043

I think, about myself that I have fun listening to different things to everyone else. I'm not going to say that most people who listen to Cheryl Cole are uneducated, but the song fight for this love isn't particularly complicated, it has a synth chime, her voice, and drums, possibly a pad. Thats hardly complicated to me.
    But As I said to someone once, I am proud to be a "Freak" :)

Ste :)

4. 220346
    Peres : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 : 11 years ago

Like you I had those who lets just say didn't understand me ,because I was my own unique individual. Just ignore them and do what you want to do,if it becomes bullying then you will have to tell your parents and the Head Teacher,don't feel that you're a wuss if you do so. I remember a lot of the kids that I went to school with were retards,not because of any disability but because they had no ambition and would not stretch themselves. Just ignore them keep your head down and do what you have to do. When you become a successful professional,they will probably be stacking shelves in Tesco or be on benefits.

5. 298428
    talents : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 : 11 years ago

Lil hommie keep ya head up as time goes on
    change comes sounds like these people ain't ya friends
    anyway talking and treating ya like that

they say ya can can have alot of mates in a lifetime
    but ya true friends you can count on one hand

be ya own person and follow ya dreams don't be what
    others want you to be

learn from ya mistakes and try not to repeat them

Peace

6. 339043

@Peres Yeah, like I sort of suggested, they all listen to the same thing, they have the individuality of a robot.

@Talents I feel like I'm friends with more people on this site than in my school. And I'm not about to make the mistake of punching someone in the face again :D

7. 253628
    Bebop : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 : 11 years ago

Whoa!!! I so know what you mean my friend.

Ok I said it many times ad nauseam. Just stating a fact though. I'm not into the music styles you mentioned - I don't understand it, I don't know how to compose it, I don't even know where to start.

My point is this. I go through the same thing and I'm 32 and most of my friends/acquaintances/people I barely know, are older than I am so one would assume they are more mature. No sir! They still see me as a weirdo because I love classical music, jazz, and all that stuff which is not as mainstream as the music they like.

Now, imagine with younger generations. Well, you don't have to imagine really. You're going through it.

Problem is that you're smarter than the average bloke your age otherwise you'd be wasting your life away doing dumb stuff instead of getting A's while making music, sharing it here, etc...

So while I know that ignoring them is the one of the most difficult things to do, try to be the bigger person and just keep doing whatever you're doing when they start picking on you.

Then if it helps, follow Dilbert's principle - "People are idiots" :) but don't take it too far hehe :) Yet, it's a bit like you said, these people aren't the sharpest tool in the shed if they're doing what they're doing to you. So the principle kind of applies to them no?

I'm sorry you're going through this. It's certainly not an easy situation to one's self in.

Take care,
    Sam

8. 339043

@Bepop I know what you mean about not understanding music. Classical I dont know where to start, but I'm geussing strings. Jazz music I get, and have listened to some while relaxing sometimes.

I know that people are idiots, my metalhead friends will tell me that in school, my slipknot loving friends are the ones who I can talk to and are reasonable people :)

I have ignored them for two and a bit years, that punch in the face was the first time I've ever suggested that it bugs me, and the person who I did hit said they would get me back. Six weeks later, I've seen and heard nothing.

I actually hate most of the mainstream, for me, the 90's and early 2000's were the best. Death to Justin Bieber!

9. 276805
    HustlerbyNature : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 : 11 years ago

yo lil homie u need to use the hate as motivation.. if i dont get hated on daily then i feel like im not doin my job right!! the haters play a major role in our lives you just have to learn how to turn the negative energy into positive energy and it will definitely motivate your daily grind!!

10. 339043

@Hustler Their hate hasn't stopped me yet, they cant get me outside of school, and I cant make music in school anyway, except for in music lessons, but there are not any haters in my music lessons, and I've actually shown the teachers some of my tracks.

11. 87467
    Lady_Vipa_Vicious : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 : 11 years ago

Thats mad !!!! they only bother you because your not trying to hard , trus me i kno how school is in bham i went to harborne hill , like hustler said take it as motivation and keep doin you !

12. 314093
    DjSiren : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 : 11 years ago

Forget them ste just do what u wanna do let them go round in there lil wanna b popular groups its a loud of s*!t neway they jus tag off each other n dunno who they reli r themselves becuz there tryin 2 b who there not where as you do mate,i live near birmingham so my school wernt 2 dif cuz there all like it round there n even knowin i was ok wiv my school life etc i know ppl who had the same prob just 4get hem mate there not worth worrying about ull be left soon neway im guessin,siren out

13. 339043

@Vipa and siren So you both know what its like to live in birmingham. I know that there are a lot of uneducated people in this area, but there are some amazing people, like Shan, he made this conversation possible!

But yeah as you said siren, I dont act like everyone else because I'm bieng myself :)

14. 314093

Yewah i did live in bartley green 4 abit but now i live in tamworrth which is just outside u know it? I know what u mean mate its jus like everywhere though enit u get ya sound ppl n u get ya divs the 1's that only pick on other ppl cuz they got nufin better to do n u know most of em do it cuz they got probs of there own n makes em feel better or there jealous etc,And so you shud b mate f*!k what they think iact like myself im a bit mad but oh well dats wot makes me me enit mate siren out

15. 339043

@Siren I think that most people on this site are a bit mad in their own way. Including me. But I'm still smarter than the ones calling me a retard :)

16. 314093

True mate n least if u need to talk u got us

17. 366784
    yeshintae : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 : 11 years ago

Tell those fools at your school to F**K OFF!!!!

nothin' wrong with enjoyin' different genres of music.

THEY're the retards for NOT listenin' to different
    types of music and expandin' their horizons...

BUT
    hittin' one of them in the face
    (whether he deserved it or not)
    is NOT the answer to this problem...

at least that's what i think
    lol

Much Respect from LA

18. 364618
    Unknown User : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 : 11 years ago

That is a shame.. It's admirable for a bright student to endure the uk education system in this day and age. The matter of county, region, city, town, area.. plays a major part in the criticisms brought forth by your peers. Intelligence can be seen as a threat, and as we all know the development of this occurs at different stages and levels for every one.. Be sure to keep your cool though. I wouldn't advice any form of lashing out, no matter how frustrated people can get you. This will only provoke an unwanted situation. I understand it can get hard at school.. But if you steer clear ( as much as possible ) from the people who provoke you, and you stick to who you are while taking a moral high ground, you won't be provoked into actions you later regret. Always remember that people advance in different ways and at different times. Be sure to use the best assets of your personality to pull you through.

19. 339043

@Yeshintae Yeah, Hitting one of them in the face wasn't the best solution. But to be honest the one I did hit gets himself into trouble all the time anyways, so...

I know that they wont listen to anything outside of whats "normal". To me, their "normal" is simple. Like I mentioned for Cheryl Cole: She used drums, chimes and her voice, possibly autotune as well, and the chords in it are as complicated as multiplying by 1, whereas people like you and me put so much more layers into our songs :)

20. 339043

@ChrisG In two and a bit years I've lashed out once, and there are 1000 people in my school. I'd say I've done a pretty good job so far.
    The one I hit went to my primary school, and I hated almost everyone there, the teachers, the students, everything about my primary school was wrong (one of the teachers was a lesbian!!)
    But yeah, most of the time people see the better side of my personality, even when I'm bieng insulted.

21. 251164
    sn76 : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 : 11 years ago

It's hard to ignore those around you... best advice I can give you is to ignore the criticism of idiots and try and surround yourself with people you respect as much as possible... and remember not to waste yr time on what morons think cause life's too short!

22. 339043

@sn76 that means I'll be going on here more often, I haven't met one member of this site who doesn't deserve respect :)

23. 636839
    simmerdown : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 : 11 years ago

you have been getting some very good advice so far soo ill not add too much, but i was just like you, not hated exactly , but a loner and basically in real life i still am. you will eventually find some other like minded friends, or more likely make converts of some who are as bored with the 'sheep' as you are but have yet to find the alternatives...hang in there Stephen, trust me it gets easier, and you are among friends

btw , violence is not the answer (unless somebody messes with you physically first, in that case lay into them like a windmill, lol, you'll only have to do it once :)

24. 339043

@Dungbeatl I feel I have a closer connection with members of this site than I do with some of the people in my school. I have a similar mind to a lot of members on this site, I think most musicians that dont have heads bigger than their bodys do.

I know that violence isn't the answer, but that guy had been having a go at me for over two years, and had been annoying since primary school.

25. 379618
    MRCoOk : Wed 2nd Jun 2010 : 11 years ago

dude dont let it get to you just keep being urself and f*** the haterz and just think the people who dnt like you may one day be cleaning your big ass mansion when you blow up in the industry

Posts 1 - 25 of 72

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums