How to deal with copyright issues
The following lays out methods to deal with content located within www.looperman.com. Cases of copyright disputed content not hosted on our servers are to be dealt with by the respective hosts.
www.looperman.com respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please choose one of the options to try and resolve the matter.
Contact the user directly
Often the simplest way to deal with these issues is to contact the person who you believe is infringing your copyright. You may contact users via their profile pages stating your claims and asking for action to be taken. In most cases this would be enough to resolve the issue.
File a DMCA notice
Please be advised that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Thus, if you are not sure content located on or linked-to by the Website infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
To file a notice of infringing material posted on www.looperman.com please provide a notification containing the following details:
- Reasonably sufficient details to enable us to identify the work claimed to be infringed or, if multiple works are claimed to be infringed, a representative list of such works (for example: title, author, URL);
- Reasonably sufficient detail to enable us to identify and locate the material that is claimed to be infringing (for example a link to the page that contains the material);
- Your contact information so that we can contact you (for example, full name, address, telephone number, email address);
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in (2) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Then send this notice to:
Attn: DMCA Agent, www.looperman.com
By Email : dmca at looperman dot com
Important information regarding DMCA
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
We only accepts notices that meet the requirements set forth above. Upon receipt of a valid notification a copy of such notices will be sent to the individual who uploaded the allegedly infringing content. Additionally, please note that we may, at our discretion, send a copy of such notices to a third-party for publication. As such, your letter (with personal information removed) may be forwarded to Chilling Effects for publication.
The alleged infringing party may also file a counter notification to challenge your copyright claim which could result in legal proceedings.
It is essential to understand that we are not your lawyers and can not give you advice or represent you in any way. By registering an account and using looperman.com you have agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions and are wholly responsible for your own actions. Should you find yourself in receipt of a DMCA notice or be accused of infringing someones copyright you should act accordingly or should seek legal council of your own accord.
In acordance with our terms and conditions we reserve the right to remove content without notice for any reason we see fit.
Find our more about DMCA
For more information on DMCA refer to the following