Acid Pro Vs Fruity Loops

Posts 1 - 22 of 22
  1. 118150
    sammmm : Fri 14th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago I currently use Acid pro but i see alot of people use fruity loops.

Is there a major diffrence between the two?
    I've personally never used fruity loops,but no pro in acid pro

What is your Opinions?
  2. 112730
    Sector7even : Fri 14th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago i think if you compare the two "full" versions..fruity loops has more to offer, although a little more time needed to learn the "FL" software. definately more tweaking ability with FL7 and FL 8 will be out soon.
    hope this helps
    gizz
  3. 1
    Looperman : Sat 15th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago back in the day they were quite different products but these days they share many of the same features.

best thing to do is download a trial version of each and have a look
  4. 118150
    sammmm : Sat 15th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago i tried to downloaded a trial version of fruity loops last night

it was cool....but you cant save your work o.0
    thats one thing i dont like
  5. 72470
    fiery : Sat 15th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago The one thing I really like about Acid Pro (because I have tried both) is that it's a little more "idiot proof" and yes, I need that. I never owned a computer until about 4 and a half years ago... had barely used computers at all til then... and I don't play any instruments well enough to call it music. Acid Pro was a dream for me. I made my first track, Goodbye, within 4 days. It took me that long to figure out enough settings on fruity loops to be able to make music. Some people swear by FL, some swear by Acid.. I think it's just a matter of how well you can interface with the settings. I give kudos to the folks who use FL cause it made my head spin lol.
  6. 118150
    sammmm : Sat 15th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago I like acid pro alott
    but i see alot of people talking about EQ's

I somewhat know what they are...but i can't find one for acid pro ._.
  7. 77137
    helven : Sat 15th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago i have used both
    yes acid pro is easy to use
    but once you get the hang of FL is has alot more to offer
    i use FL in all my songs so check em out
    if you like me then go FL if not Acid pro?

in my opinion FL is the best of the two
    but thats just me

hope this helps
    noir
  8. 94137
    ngSBB : Sun 16th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago "it was cool....but you cant save your work o.0
    thats one thing i dont like"

That's only for the demo version, you can save your work with the full version... of course ;)
  9. 30313
    KaptainZero : Sun 16th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago The very first music program I used was ACID 6.0. I had no idea what I was doing and I just kinda threw random stuff together. I didn't really feel like I was even making a song, more like I was just putting together a puzzle.

After about a month my friend told me about FL, and at first I thought that a music program called Fruity Loops sounded really stupid. But I went ahead and tried it out eventually, and I liked it. I would say it's easier to figure out then ACID is. But I liked how I actually was placing the notes, and I was making the loops instead of just putting some together, which was about all I figured out how to do in ACID.

I guess it's more of what seems more comfortable to you. Even though I would say FL has more to offer from what I've seen, if you're more comfortable with ACID then just use that.
  10. 124682
    Drummz : Sun 16th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago I just bought ACID Pro 6.0 last week. All of my tracks up to this point have been made with ACID Music Studio 6.0. I'm just more familiar with it, plus I like the interface. Mind you, I have virtually no experience with other programs. Is FL a full-fledged DAW like ACID Pro?
  11. 112730
    Sector7even : Sun 16th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago ""tried to downloaded a trial version of fruity loops last night

it was cool....but you cant save your work o.0
    thats one thing i dont like""

*-sam, you can export waves out of trial version of fl..just cant save "sessions" so you have to keep the program running til you finish the song...then export it in order to save it.
    let me know if you need any other help, gizz
  12. 143247
    Unknown User : Mon 17th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago only been using fl for about 4 weeks never used acid at first didn really like fl but now i understand it more it feels a lot better and i find can get so much more out of it,i also like it coz i dont download loops jus make my own and the piano roll in there is wicked,gonna be getting new acid soon so wil be able 2 compare the 2 for u then...peeaaccee
  13. 119452
    Astrobouncer : Mon 17th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago I started with acid and thats why I joined this site originally, cause I needed more loops. After my first acid song, I tried the trial version of fruity loops and was hooked when I seen you could make your own stuff within the program and you didnt rely as much on samples. I duno as much about Acid because since I got the trial version of FL, I never really went back to acid at all. I have only been making music for about a month and a half but I think I have improved alot since my first song, mostly from learning FL better.
  14. 122306
    Unknown User : Mon 17th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago I like that one saying "Home is where you make it" Translation it dosent matter what you use, you can make great music with any program In my perspective. Try both see which one you like because they are both really good keep practicing and you'll learn to love one or the other or maybe you'll even become good enough to use both of them and have the best of both worlds
  15. 63133
    RogueAi : Mon 17th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago If you use Acid with vsti it is better than FL because the sequencer is looped, not like FL which uses patterns. Acid is great for software and hardware recording. I use Reason 4 now so there is no need for it now. I am searching for a synth on ebay. I want to get an Access Virus B because they seem to be the cheaper ones of the Virus series, well at least used anyway. I will most likely make samples of it , in Acid, for Reason, if I get it.
  16. 111251
    Unknown User : Tue 18th Mar 2008 : 6 years ago the is no big diference betwen acid and fl.
    i have acid,reason and fl 7...butt most of time i use fl 5.
    i have no inspiration in any other program axcept fl 5.
    you ideas are more important then program you use!!
  17. 135508
    otooj : Sun 13th Apr 2008 : 6 years ago Must say, i've used FL Studio XXL Producers Edition, Acid Pro, HipHop E-Jay and Magix..., they'll all hard to start off especially Fruity Loops which i still haven't got the hang of even though i've had it for over 6 Months, I'm even looking for tutorials. I haven't been able to make any sort of beat/song so if they make a program totally for begginers, count me in. I'm now downloading Acid to try and use it again, i'll get back later.

Oh and if anyone knows of any tutorials, please lemme know.
  18. 143247
    Unknown User : Sun 13th Apr 2008 : 6 years ago alright otooj...for tutorials go to utube there is also sommat u can buy called fl bible,iv not got it but its supposed 2 be really good,i started with fruity loops 7 and got the hang of it pretty quick altho still got loads 2 learn but google the fl bible and see wot u can find...peeaaccee
  19. 30313
    KaptainZero : Sun 13th Apr 2008 : 6 years ago Otooj, try this to start you off -

http://forum.bandamp.com/Lessons/29664.html

Then just mess with things from there.

As for me, I've only been using FL for a little over a year, but if you listen to my stuff it might not sound like that. That's what I've been told at least. Within about a week I had some alright sounding patterns and such, but over time I've just screwed with all the settings and knobs and whatever else in FL and listen to what it does. I've never actually used a tutorial.
    Hope that helps some-
  20. 9780
    Unknown User : Mon 14th Apr 2008 : 6 years ago @ sammmm

"I like acid pro alott
    but i see alot of people talking about EQ's

I somewhat know what they are...but i can't find one for acid pro ._."

go to the track fx edit button, then edit chain, you can add parameteric, paragraphic or graphic EQ's
  21. 137427
    Cheezy : Mon 21st Apr 2008 : 6 years ago Ya Iv bin usin FL 4 a while now...i think its great, Took me a while 2 get used 2 it but when i did it was well worth it...Everythings pretty straight foward when u know how...ill try Acid Pro now...can sum1 confirm, can u make your own loops in Acid Pro? or do u av 2 just use its own ones?
  22. 116341
    Salkizar : Tue 22nd Apr 2008 : 6 years ago I have only ever used FL. I thought about using Acid but after comparing the 2 systems i decided on FL because I felt you could do so much more with it...I have had fl for about 6 months now and i dont think I would like to try anything else as I know so much about using fl's software
Posts 1 - 22 of 22

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Hip Hop Track