BWV924 On MicroKorg

Posts 1 - 10 of 10
  1. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Sun 5th Feb 2017 : 9 months ago Here is a Little Prelude in C Major by JSBach BWV924 from 'Klavierb├╝chlein (...)' - a collection compliled for his son Wilhelm Friedmann around 1720. It is quite difficult to play this on Microkorg because of limited keyboard range (as well as it's small keys) but I applied some octave-shifting wonders. I think this is ok for a convincing and expressive performance of this piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzRc1b-RSM4&feature=youtu.be
  2. 851137
    crucethus : Mon 6th Feb 2017 : 9 months ago Very Nice Work Alex. I have one of those, and I hate the small keys, so I have to run a midi keyboard through it just so I can feel comfortable playing those sounds. But it's a cool little beast of a synth.
    A pleasure to listen too!
    Steve
  3. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 6th Feb 2017 : 9 months ago Cool one Alex..I was hoping you'd bust out with the vocoder for a couple of bars there ;)
  4. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 6th Feb 2017 : 9 months ago Hey buddy! Good to see you stop by Looperman! Looking forward to hearing this later in the day!

Microkorg is the only synth that I have purchased in a brand new state, right after they came out, around '03-'04. Some very cool capabilities packed in there! Several keys wore out quite a while back, so I only use it as a module/vocoder now.
  5. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 6th Feb 2017 : 9 months ago Very cool performance!

I have to wonder if the very limited polyphony got in your way at all, or required you to play the piece differently from the score?
  6. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Mon 6th Feb 2017 : 9 months ago @crucethus
    Thank you Steve! I am glad you enjoyed it! This quick production and all accompanied keyboard unconfortablessness was a great source of a masochistic pleasures of me! I saw your Valentine post and will produce a Love track definitely and yes! Let's make this a kind of a challenge of love. So I will try to arrange this little prelude and it's beautiful progressions especially for you.
    Thank you again!
    Alex
  7. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Mon 6th Feb 2017 : 9 months ago @Planetjazzbass Thank you! Honestly I simply grabbed a camera and recorded quickly. I always can imagine myself singing in a greater space than a vocoder. For example: few months ago I had a chance to play church organ and sing during the Service (or Mass).
    Do you think this composition is not complete for that reason by lacking my synthesized voice, or?
  8. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Mon 6th Feb 2017 : 9 months ago @Spiv

Thank you Spiv! Firstly I was curious what you are doing artistically and will be listening to your works soon! Always inspiring to me! Just give me a bit of time till I return to Looperman track section.

Nothing more or less than a piece of keyboard here. I have spent a lot of time on a deeper explorations into synthesis however regarding this synthesizer (and this video) it is indeed a quick production. There are beautiful progressions and real musical content here. I am glad this kind of appearance wasn't dissapointing for you at least.
  9. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Mon 6th Feb 2017 : 9 months ago @Spiv

Microkorg has a 4-voice polyphony meaning that I can play 4 keys at a time sucessfully. If you follow the original score you'll see this is just an apparently 2 - part composition + those are arpeggiated chords ultimately though. See the actual score https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra9k6_yQd2o four part polyphony appears at the end and it is just a tonic resolution from a long pedal dominant.
    So instead of just simply hitting chords there is a delightful arpegiiation of chordal tones. Originally this was written for clavichord or harpsichord https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niW1oM3XwGQ
  10. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 6th Feb 2017 : 9 months ago Well, I would say that between your performance and the synthesizer sound you chose, it gave an impression of being a far more complex arrangement. I really liked hearing a piece such as this played on microkorg!
Posts 1 - 10 of 10

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Acoustic Track