Should We Have A Category For Full Loops

Posts 1 - 25 of 31
  1. 923827
    MaMaGBeats : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago Hey Looperman´s,

i really want to know what you guys think of a new category for "full loops". Not only splitted loops.

Im a producer who stands for a special kind of sound. I imitate vinyl sounding loops. Like a part of a real song.

But for this kind of loops i need to mix more than one sound in one loop. In cause of that i surely get problems with my loops. They kick them out.

Do you think its absolutely nonsense to create this category or can it be useful?

MaMa G
  2. 1
    Looperman : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago I understand your type of sound but cant see why this cant be uploaded as individual pars.

As explained in the guides the reason you should split things is because they are more useful in their component parts. This is so much more the case when artists like yourself create sounds that work so well when mixed together.

When you upload a loop that has keys, bass and a vocal if I dont want the vocal part then im stuffed as I cant take it out again afterwards. If you create your loop and then upload the parts separate i can download them and use them as i want.

I dont reject mixed sounds for fun but they are simply not as useful mixed as they are when they are available split.

You will notice people might love your sound but youll get plenty of requests for edits with one or more sounds removed.

I do see it as an issue for some artists and its a pity as its simple to make your sounds comply and be accepted.

I dont plan on making any changes to this rule at any time as it is there for good reason
  3. 923827
    MaMaGBeats : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago I understand the rules, i just think as a producer.
    Maybe i´m wrong but i think i can talk for a lot of producers out there when i say that producers work with all kind of sounds, not only with clear single lines.

In the past i was always searching for real royalty free samples and loops. Loops that sound like they were sampled. Now i produce them by myself to share it with other producers out there.

You don´t think it´s a good idea to create a special category for this? A seperate loop section? You would appeal to a larger audience.

Or am i allowed to upload "full loops" in the track section?
    Because i still like to offer my sounds to the ppl they like it.

Just help me and give me a Solution.
  4. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago It was there in the past, as "groove loops."

The reasons for no longer allowing it are pretty well explained by Looperman.

I can only assume that a large part of this "sampled from vinyl" sound is an effect or group of effects placed over the entire mix of sounds which end up in the loop. Clearly, if the sounds were done individually, with these effects applied to each one, then a mess would probably ensue. For example if it is a plugin which mimics the sound of a turntable spinning, then it would be multiplied for each portion which was used together.

A good alternative, would be to upload the sections individually, with a title to represent them as a group. Have the turntable effect on one of the group. If there are other effect plugins which add to the ambiance, such as EQ or distortion, then these could be added in appropriate amounts to each loop in the group. Then, when someone downloads all of them, it will add up to essentially the same effect when they are combined. At the same time, it will leave much more versatility in their use, both in mixing and arrangement.

Loops that sound like they were sampled from vinyl, such as breakbeats and the like, while very cool, are also a bit of a limited market. Certain genres may rely upon sounds like this, such as hip hop or breakbeat. When there is a solution, such as the one above, then you are no longer forced to limit the use to certain types of artists.
  5. 1
    Looperman : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago i do understand where you are coming from but the thinking of keeping things split is an obvious one in my opinion after doing this for 15 years.

Uploading loops to the tracks section would again be going against the grain and see those file suspended.

Im more then open to a discussion on the whole thing and if that leads to a solution then thats all good.

My reasons for having things the way there are is based on my experience over the years and not a blinkered dictatorship.
  6. 923827
    MaMaGBeats : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago Oh i really really understand the intention of this "splitted loops" thing.

I don´t upload my loops to annoy Looperman :)

Sometimes i upload loops with just one instrument, but sometimes i also want to upload full loops.

The funny thing is that my full loops have the most downloads.
    Ok, most of them were kicked out from you. Haha

Yes i use effects. But i don´t only use a vinyl sound over the whole loop. I also use an effect vst for other background noises. I use filters and room effects. I pan the instruments just to get a "bad" sound. lol

It´s a whole picture i paint. If you want me to split this loops, the character/atmosphere of the sound would be lost.
    If i split the loop and put seperate effects on every single line, then there are too much effects on the whole thing.

You had the category "groove loops"?
    Why has it been abolished?

People were not interested in groove loops?

Sampling is a very important part of the music production. Not only in HipHop, also in Pop, House, Drum and Bass etc.

To work with full samples promotes the musical skills.
    It´s an important part of the music production.
  7. 1964644
    RockOlympa : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago i would say let him upload his loops and let the users judge about if the loops are good or not usable.
    as i understand its about noises that appear on vinyl, not bass and vocals.
    let him upload his vinyl loop and maybe someone wants it or not.
    why talk about this? why erase a loop of someone? here is place for whole songs, i dont see the loop problem.
  8. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago Why not allow MaMaGBeats to upload the loops as he wants..

On the condition that he also uploads the separate DRY elements of that loop??

Both parties are satisfied then, yes?
  9. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago I've never seen loops with effects removed from the site, so I think MamaGBeats might be doing more than "just adding a vinyl effect" to get his loops removed. I have no opinion on the matter though haha.

Brado
  10. 923827
    MaMaGBeats : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago Yes, the main problem is that i mix more than one instrument in a loop.
  11. 1378797
    GregVincey : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago @MaMaGBeats Separate stems is the most easiest route dude! Full samples promotes musical skills? Why not give the artist the freedom of interpretation, and imagination! Yes samples are important, and are used through out many genres, but artists visions for those samples is different. Your intentions are different from what someone else might see for that sample.

You mentioned, "It´s a whole picture i paint. If you want me to split this loops, the character/atmosphere of the sound would be lost." You'r not wrong, but get that most people want to accomplish something different with the help of your samples.
  12. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago What is the reasoning, MaMaGBeats, for not uploading separate loops? Because you don't want to? Can't? Don't like how it sounds? I am honestly curious why you would want to limit the use of your creations.
  13. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago @Spiv I suspect it does not convey his original idea the same when it has to be split into segments. Which I can understand. I personally get annoyed having to split guitar parts because the users almost never combine them all together to hear how they were originally designed to mesh. It's not a big deal but it would be nice to let people hear my original ideas. In fact, some of the most enthusiastic comments on my loops were ones that were combined together. I still provide the separate stems of course, but at least giving them the option to hear it sound as the creator intended would be nice.

Oops, it seems I have formed my own opinion on the matter :)

Brado
  14. 923827
    MaMaGBeats : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago Thats a great description from BradoSanz.
    I had an idea, but I do not know whether it is realizable.

For now you have to split the whole loop and upload every single part.

It would be awsome when You have a player who plays the whole loop and directly under the player you can create other, smaller players they play the single lines.

That means, they can download the whole loop with all instruments and effects, or the single and dry parts.

[URL=http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=1743c4-1484772567.png][IMG]http://www.bilder-upload.eu/thumb/1743c4-1484772567.png[/IMG][/URL]

I can offer my loop as a whole package.
  15. 923827
  16. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago It would also be nice if it were possible to upload loops that were intended to be together as a group....

It's such a pain in the ass searching page after page of prolific loop uploaders looking for "part 4 of 50" then "part 5 of 50" etc
  17. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago Ha... what MaMaG said xD
  18. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago As it stands I've come across a few problems when making loops, firstly there are many times when I want to incorporate separate elements within a loop to increase it's appeal and ambience, separating these elements is all very well and good but then in many cases these individual samples won't loop by themselves because for all intent and purposes they now behave like one shots and have gaps of silence and will probably be rejected, a system needs to be incorporated where a 'groove'(for a better word) loop can be presented within it's entirety and it's separate elements....secondly and this is my biggest gripe 5mb is too small for a loop in my opinion it's too constraining and hinders a full expressive creative phrase, it hampers the ability to get in front of and behind the metre and impart some natural swing within a phrase....After a long hiatus I have started making loops again and I'm finding the present system adequate but in the ways I've described it's also very constraining and compartmentalises one's thinking, sure I can make loops within the confines of 5mb and only use the prescribed methods but I can make far more creative and useful material with a little more space and the ability for aggregated thinking (this obviously doesn't include something like drum loops) I'd like to see a section for expanded progressions to get people out of the 4/4 plodding quagmire and repetitive thinking syndrome.
  19. 951439
    Evisma : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago Why not make full tracks with your sounds for the purpose of users to sample from? Surely you can put more than a few seconds of an idea together. Let ideas run 4 bars, then change, having several sections and moods with any and all desired effects, giving people many sections to sample from.

Just a thought...
  20. 923827
    MaMaGBeats : Thu 19th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago For me it sounds that some producers out here want some changes.

Looperman what do you think?

@Evisma: Thanks for your idea. :)
  21. 1
    Looperman : Thu 19th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago people always want changes and then when you make some people complain that you have changed things and want it back how it was.

Nothing here changes overnight as there is always more to a situation then you initially think. The logistics of making changes are very important both internally to the code structure as well as the general flow of the site.

Lets say for example I say yeh, go ahead upload what you want. Why then should I not allow someone to upload a piano with drums pre mixed but allow yours. cant have one rule for one but not the other.

The whole point of splitting things is that the people looking for stuff in loops section are not looking for bits of finished songs but the component parts to enable them to make their own songs.

Sure some people dont care and would go with whats there but more people would make use of split parts. I know for me a bass line that includes the wrong beat for my track would be useless as would an acapella with backing.

One thing i do plan is a function to group loops properly so that you can organise sounds into packs. the same idea could then be used to create playlists in tracks.

Another thought might be a (for want of a better term) "beats" section for pre mixed, ready to use less then 30 seconds stuff.

Anyways, discussion is what gets the brain ticking over
  22. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Thu 19th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago My thought here is that MaMa, as his user name suggests, is at heart a Beat maker, not a Looper, and is therefore attempting to convince Sean to create a section for his beats. Those who use Looperman as a resource for creating music could possibly have a limited interest in "beats", but I feel it would essentially be a very small segment of the community. I do agree that grouping the sounds into packs is a great idea and would be a definite site improvement.
  23. 923827
    MaMaGBeats : Thu 19th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago In my heart im a beat maker, thats right. But for a long time im more working on loops and sounds.

I would be happy when it´s possible to make multi uploads. Like packs, with the possibility to upload the full loop too.
    That ppl can hear what was the main idea of this loop.
  24. 630386
    JosephFunk : Thu 19th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago Looperman has already addressed the issue of loop packs. You must use one of your song allocations as the Demo track and then upload your file pack to Mediashare. Make sure you link everything accordingly. Hosting packs here might potentially create a storage resource issue on this site.

Example: My Pack-

My Demo Trap Track: http://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/164317

My Loop Pack: http://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/182992/trapmatic-method-commercial-grade-remix-pack

As far a live packs here goes, I use to upload 20 to 30 loops at a time, a kind of live loop pack. What I found is maybe 5 to 10 of the loops would be really popular and the rest would lay waste so I stopped that. I will release no more than 5 at a time, and sometimes just 1 loop.
  25. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 19th Jan 2017 : 1 month ago Can someone please explain how a "beat" is any different from an "instrumental" with a colab request?

This just seems so silly, as things have been working fine.

If you want people to work with your "beat," then it is as simple as releasing a track that is more than a loop, and adding the "colab request" tag to it. Then you can contact the collaborator, and share whatever you want with them without the guidelines of the loop section.

To my ears, a beat and an instrumental are identical, unless said beat is a loop, and then it does not fit the guidelines.

I feel that people want to make a loop, have some crazy good rapper use it as is, and both to get rich and famous from it.
Posts 1 - 25 of 31

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Hip Hop Track