Windows 10 High Performance Usage

Posts 1 - 7 of 7
  1. 1971422
    Justze3 : Mon 12th Dec 2016 : 11 months ago I've recently noticed that my Disk,Cpu,Memory has been peaking on average near 70-100% (mainly disk) everytime i open/run a program Google chrome,Fl studio,Microsft Edge etc after the recent update (which i forgot to disable) is it just me or are there more window users that have the same issue ,tried the superfetch method,disabling startups,ran a full virus scan with Norton 360 premier and more,But no indication that shows theres anything out of the ordinary except this stupid update ,my computer is roughly a month old (purchased through local elec store brand new)

any help or advice would be grateful
  2. 1418458
    CorruptionEDM : Mon 12th Dec 2016 : 11 months ago Had a laptop with this issue, factory reset and still has that issue!
  3. 630386
    JosephFunk : Mon 12th Dec 2016 : 11 months ago Since Windows Ten is now more of a cloud aware OS than a local OS there are dozens of things that are going on with it in the background by default that gives Microsoft and third party vendors more control over your Windows 10 licensed PC or laptop that you agreed to whether you are aware of it or not. Checking those boxes during the installation process has Microsoft's butt covered in so many ways.

Okay, Cortana, your background apps, excessive temporary data, Internet aware apps, schedulers, updaters and a heavy startup profile which may launch useless programs during startup process might have your system very bloated. Also Google makes a heavy presence too. Try to reduce the drag like the gamers do to there new systems:

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-make-windows-10-faster/

Once that is done let's enhance that with a checklist that will help you determine which things are safe to turnoff in Windows 10 and that does not impact your system's security negatively:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/10-things-to-disable-in-windows-10/

Additional things to consider:
    http://www.digitalcitizen.life/which-windows-services-are-safe-disable-when

Note to others: when buying a new PC or laptop ask them if you are getting Windows 10 with bundled programs and software offers. No matter how sweet the pitch, tell them you want the unbundled Windows 10 image on your system which will cost you slightly more. All of that bloat and garbage they put on your system kills your systems much faster and you do not want that.
  4. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Mon 12th Dec 2016 : 11 months ago For some reason, my Windows 10 cannot update due to some broken code in the updater, so my Windows 10 hasn't been able to update in over a year! No problems on my end whatsoever! :)

Brado
  5. 589130
    Spd2 : Mon 12th Dec 2016 : 11 months ago I had the same problem not long ago after reinstalling Windows 8.1. Downloading and web surfing was slow, and CPU and memory were spiking above the norm. I've tried superfetch, disabling automatic Windows update, etc.. No luck. Come to find out I needed to update my BIOS. Everything worked well from that point on. It might not be the culprit in your case, but I'm suspecting that might be the problem.
  6. 589130
    Spd2 : Mon 12th Dec 2016 : 11 months ago In any case, don't tamper with it unless you have sufficient knowledge and proper instructions.
  7. 1971422
    Justze3 : Mon 12th Dec 2016 : 11 months ago @CorruptionEDM yeah man i'm just guttered that its a new computer and i'm alrready running into issues ,i definitely wont be attempting a factory restore at this point as it maybe a simple task to get rid of the issue

@JosephFunk thank you sir for the knowledge never knew about the un/bundled versions before wish i knew beforehand (sigh),will keep this in mind for the future forsure tho,as for the links i've browsed through them quite fast,will have a more indepth look tomorrow as all this windows 10 thing is doing my head in,but cheers mate appreciate it ,

@BradoSanz well aint you just lucky lol,i wish i could go back to my window 7 days instead of this windows 10 anniversary update headache

@Spd2 Thank you for the heads up man,really appreciate it,i'm far from being the tech savvy type so i will def stay away from tampering with any setting that i have no knowledge about (youtube can only teach me so much) hopefully microsoft has an update that can fix the issues im experiencing at the moment
Posts 1 - 7 of 7

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Electronic Track