Mahloo13 New Mix Tutorial

Posts 1 - 10 of 10
  1. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Wed 30th Nov 2016 : 11 months ago Hello loopers,

I'll be uploading a new mix tutorial video but for this one I wanted to do things differently.

You can find my mix of this song here:

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/181410

You must download the files for the mix and make your own version of the mix, basically you'll get to mix this song from scratch with your own tools and based on your own workflow. The goal here is that you'll learn much much more by going with a hands on aproach.

After you finish your mix just post a link to your mix in this thread. You can temporarily replace one of your tracks if your looperman track page is full. I'm gonna review each of your mixes and give advice as I find it's much easier to give apropriate advice this way being given that I already know what files you are working with. I'll upload the video somewhere mid december so you have plenty of time to work on the song.

You can download the multitracks/stems/individual files from here:

http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm#TheButterflyEffect_AnUltraVioletApology

PS: It doens't matter what genre you are usually working with, this is truly a great oportunity to learn by trial and error. So go ahead and download the files and do your own version of this mix. Have some fun and go outside your comfort zone!

Cheers!
  2. 189474
    ImproveWithError : Wed 30th Nov 2016 : 11 months ago Wow Mahloo this is really generous of you. I really appreciate you taking the time to offer this, I will definitely be taking advantage, I think mixing is the funnest part of making music so I look forward to the practice. Thanks for this!!!!

Kyle
  3. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Wed 30th Nov 2016 : 11 months ago Which button downloads the stems? I see the Excerpt and Full Multitrack options.
  4. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Wed 30th Nov 2016 : 11 months ago @brado - full multitrack would be the download. The exceprt is just a small section of the song
  5. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Wed 30th Nov 2016 : 11 months ago I downloaded the stems and will be trying my hand at mixing it. Will post the results here!
  6. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Wed 30th Nov 2016 : 11 months ago Can't wait to hear it Brado!
  7. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Wed 30th Nov 2016 : 11 months ago My take on this song: https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/181436
  8. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Wed 30th Nov 2016 : 11 months ago I wanted to emphasize the vocalist a bit more, and achieve an overall modern, louder sound (think Echosmith) while maintaining a generally relaxed mood. Let me know y'alls thoughts on this on the track!
  9. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Wed 30th Nov 2016 : 11 months ago Left a really long review! Lol! Thank you for trying your hand at this mix. The whole idea of this thread is to get people to try new things maybe even outside of their comfort zone.
  10. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Wed 30th Nov 2016 : 11 months ago Definitely! I've never mixed this style of music before so it was a pleasure! I only wish I had more time to mix it but school has been keeping me busy :) Go check out my reply when you can!
Posts 1 - 10 of 10

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Hip Hop Track