Simple Ways To Check If Your Loops Will Be Rejected

Posts 1 - 12 of 12
  1. 1
    Looperman : Fri 1st Aug 2014 : 3 years ago Just thought i would share a few things that I look for when checking loops. These are the main reasons files get rejected and what you should do

###

Problem - There is no waveform showing or its nothing more then a line.

How did I know - pretty obvious, no image

Solution - upload your file at 16bit 44hz as it says on the form

###

Problem - The file is not a set of bars at the tempo you have entered and so wont loop with other files.

How did I know - I can spot these because the file size is different to other files of the same tempo or the fact that the waveform does not line up with the beat markers. Do a test yourself. Export a set of different files all at 4 bars at a set tempo and check the file size. If they are perfect loops the file size will be exactly the same.

Solution - make sure you check the tempo in your DAW and that you export files with the correct settings and that you choose say 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 bars for the loop points

###

Problem - Your file is a female vocal but you are a male. In this case the chances are that its not your own voice, you dont own the copyright and so should not have uploaded it

How did I know - Again, pretty obvious

Solution - either dont upload someone elses voice or make sure you give a valid reason in the description as to why you are allowed to upload it.

###

Problem - Your file contains bass, drums etc all mixed together rendering your loop useless to someone who for example just wanted the drums.

How did I know - MMMmmmm

Solution - Go back to your DAW and solo each layer and then upload the individual parts.

###

The whole point of loops is that you can take a few here and a few there at the same tempo and key and load them into a DAW and they will work well together.

Any loop at 120bpm will play in sync with another loop at 120bpm. The beats would line up, the bass would land on the beat etc etc etc

Before being allowed access to upload i ask that everyone reads the guide i wrote to help people avoid common mistakes.

By forcing people to read and understand the common mistakes the aim was to cut down on the amount of files that get rejected, to help improve the quality of uploads and generally avoid wasting everyones time.

The time of the person making the loop
    my time in checking and rejecting them
    the time of the person who downloads a file only to find it doesnt work or needs editing.

Hopefully sharing the things that i look for and the reasons will help everyone who so generously gives their time and shares their loops.
  2. 915739
    adriak : Sat 2nd Aug 2014 : 3 years ago Also don't upload a loop dry-without effects-and then upload the same loop with effects, I learned that one when I first uploaded haha :D
  3. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 8th Aug 2014 : 3 years ago adriak, it sounds like you may have left a tail on the effected version of your loop, or it had a click or gap somewhere. From what I've seen, it's common to upload a dry loop, plus a processed one, as long as they both loop properly. For example, many people will upload a bass loop, and next there will be a sidechained version, which is useful if you don't know how to sidechain on your own.
  4. 915739
    adriak : Fri 8th Aug 2014 : 3 years ago I didn't leave a tail on it though. I uploaded the dry and wet version, and then the wet version got taken off because it said that people don't need the same loop with and without effects, because people can just put there own on there, I know what you're getting at spivkurl, but it wasn't because I had a tail on the loop. I don't know, really doesn't matter but I was just letting people know because it happened to me haha.
  5. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 8th Aug 2014 : 3 years ago I see. Just trying to speculate. I know how it goes.
  6. 915739
    adriak : Sat 9th Aug 2014 : 3 years ago yea I know, I was just trying to clarify a bit more-because I wasn't really that clear when I posted it-that it got rejected
  7. 112730
    Sector7even : Sun 4th Jan 2015 : 2 years ago just my opinion but loops should be rejected if they do not include accurate tempo and key info.. at least put your root note...

if i am looking to use a cool sample, if i search by key...i will miss yours..if i just browse i don't have time to check what key you are in...its not hard and if you don't know ask...

many of us here know music theory and can help :)
    just my 2 cents
  8. 657509
    DrvanLansberg12 : Mon 5th Jan 2015 : 2 years ago @7even: Yeah, I can imagine, although there are some nice tolls to alter pitch (which does have its limits). For me though,the most important issue is the processed files. Every now and then I run into a great sax, guitar or any other solo or vocal, but it's processed. Which makes it close to useless unfortunately (for me that is). I realize that for some people it comes in handy to have reverb added or delay or EQ, but it would be great if there would be an unprocessed version available at all times too.

Some older loops have been uploaded at 11.025 KhZ. Converting them to 44.1 makes the loop loose quite a lot of quality. So 44.1 would indeed be great! :-)
  9. 1060142
    Philemonster1 : Mon 26th Jan 2015 : 2 years ago i made a mistake and uploaded a sample from a movie as part of my vocal pack by accident,now ALL my loops have been deleted?:'-(
  10. 684254
    KNEEGWAHH : Sat 7th Feb 2015 : 2 years ago got it
  11. 151666
    bawasushil : Sat 28th Feb 2015 : 2 years ago super guide
  12. 672759
    sushilbawa : Wed 14th Dec 2016 : 11 months ago Yes Sir,I understand now.
Posts 1 - 12 of 12

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Chill Out Track