New Feature - Featured Tracks List Page

Posts 1 - 25 of 27
  1. 1
    Looperman : Mon 13th May 2013 : 3 years ago You can now see who is in the running to show a track as featured.

http://www.looperman.com/tracks/featured

For those that dont already know a list of users tracks is created automatically every hour and then shown in the featured tracks box in the right hand column.

When you upload a track you have the option to set it as featured. You can only have one track featured at any one time. When you set a new track to featured that setting is switched off on all other tracks.

The only thing left to do now is go out and leave comments on other peoples tracks.

When the list is created it looks for users who have made a comment on other users tracks within the last 48 hours and have a track of their own set to featured.

The list on the featured tracks page is ordered based on the date of the last comment you made so who ever made the last comment is shown at the top.

The featured tracks box on the right hand side knows how many times each track has been shown and ensures every track gets the same amount of exposure.

Anyway, so now you can see who is giving comments to others and looking for feedback on their own tracks.

Finally, one thing that might happen is that the tracks page may, by default, show the featured tracks list rather then the current list that is ordered by date of upload. This would give even more exposure to those users that choose to give back to the community by leaving comments for others. The standard, by date style list will still be there too just not on that main page.

As always, your comments and suggestions are welcome.
  2. 944056
    Darkreine : Mon 13th May 2013 : 3 years ago This looks like a really cool feature and hopefully will encourage people to comment on tracks and also the track creator to respond to those comments!!
  3. 755430
    Jadon : Mon 13th May 2013 : 3 years ago I really like this feature. I usually don't scroll through tracks but I feel like I should get more involved with it.
  4. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 13th May 2013 : 3 years ago Cool addition!
  5. 1
    Looperman : Tue 14th May 2013 : 3 years ago I thought this would get more feedback.

Ok, so i think ill change the main /tracks page to show this instead and make it so you have to search to see the normal track uploads that lists by date uploaded
  6. 944056
    Darkreine : Tue 14th May 2013 : 3 years ago I'm not sure if this will work as everyone will want to make their track featured to get onto the home page! My personal view is that I would prefer to see new tracks in chronological order, rather than having to search for new material.
  7. 1
    Looperman : Tue 14th May 2013 : 3 years ago @dark, if you want that then you just have to click the search button and they are all there as they were before.

Everyone can make their tracks featured if they like, but only one track at a time. Anyone can get their track in the featured list too simply by commenting on someone elses track.

Obviously some will try and scam it by posting gibberish comments but they are easy enough to spot and can be deleted and the user suspended.
  8. 848132
    mrwolf14 : Tue 14th May 2013 : 3 years ago Great feature!
    I think it is good to have a "moving" tracks list, this gives people the chance to see also older things and very active members are always on the top.
    I don't see any drawback.
    Domenico
  9. 944056
    Darkreine : Tue 14th May 2013 : 3 years ago As you are adding new features and I'm having to press more buttons!! lol!! Could you add a Collabs link? i.e. Pull a list from the database of all those looking for collabs? I thought I saw that here somewhere, but maybe it was a dream!
  10. 782612
    40A : Tue 14th May 2013 : 3 years ago bad idea making the default tracks page the featured tracks page.

It doesn't matter if people can only have 1 featured track, because they can only upload 1 track every 24 hours regardless. It takes less than 24 hours for a track to lose it's first page position (which is the only thing that matters, and is where the majority of reviews will even happen).

So making every other release a featured track is still basically the same thing as being able to make all tracks featured.

Now the only way TO get reviewed is to default all your newly released tracks under "featured".

stooooooopbreaaaaakingthiiiiingsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  11. 782612
    40A : Tue 14th May 2013 : 3 years ago unless that has changed. which i think it has just recently, dude can we get some patch notes?
  12. 883744
    ElectronBlue : Tue 14th May 2013 : 3 years ago Great idea but it does not work in my browser. Firefox. 20.0.1. I just get 2 blank columns.
  13. 883744
    ElectronBlue : Tue 14th May 2013 : 3 years ago No the blank collums are where the adds should be. Strange! no adds just empty boxes lol.
  14. 248330
    KAMPUTERA : Tue 14th May 2013 : 3 years ago Just make the thing work! Put the Hip Stuff at the Top for Promotion, the La! La! Whatever Stuff in a ridiculous location and the That's Different, but I Like it Stuff in the bottom right corner where all the user names are at. Time consuming and just an idea.

Just make it cool... Because we all love Awesome! :)
  15. 944056
    Darkreine : Tue 14th May 2013 : 3 years ago Sounds like you're making a case to split the loop kamputera?!?
  16. 248330
    KAMPUTERA : Wed 15th May 2013 : 3 years ago I was just blabbing because I couldn't sleep. I just want to hear the work that sounds good and not the big ego mantra stuff. Talent!
  17. 766947
    AmethystToTurquoise : Thu 16th May 2013 : 3 years ago kamputtera I suggest stop blabbing and sleep lol
    Great idea MR L
  18. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 16th May 2013 : 3 years ago I just wanted to say that this feature has already positively effected my amount of reviews!
  19. 1
    Looperman : Fri 17th May 2013 : 3 years ago The amount of reviews per day went up 50% when this was done.

Anyone else have any feedback on how this has changed things ?
  20. 944056
    Darkreine : Fri 17th May 2013 : 3 years ago On the one hand you have people commenting, possibly not for the right reasons. On the other they are having to work to find more of our stuff, so for me the jury is still out.

Either way cool move Shan, really cool move.
  21. 1
    Looperman : Fri 17th May 2013 : 3 years ago You can see the comments as they are made here

http://www.looperman.com/tracks/comments

We dont seem to be overwhelmed with pointless comments so far. To be fair I think those that want to get some feedback on their own stuff realise that posting rubbish just to get noticed wont do them much good in the long run as I assume people do have a look at what people are saying to others at the same time as they might listen to their tacks.

It will always be a case of those that get involved more will get more back out of it.
  22. 787945
    JJWeekz : Fri 17th May 2013 : 3 years ago I feel like the ones who would comment anyway are commenting more, knowing there's less of a chance that their featured work will get buried. I like this new change- not just for my own work- but to also give comments to those who really take the time to give feedback here.
  23. 33356
    MStokes : Fri 17th May 2013 : 3 years ago i think this is quite a paradigm shift - but Shan (it is still you ain't it?) i trust you more than any other curator of community-based music sites and your logic will prevail and looperpeople will or will not navigate a little differently in time.
    I like the feature but not the imprint, i.e., the default setting. like, every time a person uploads a track, well of course they will become acculturated to saying it's featured. so, if this is a filter of some sort i don't understand how that will work. again, i trust that you know a helluva lot more than i know, and there is no saying how much respect and appreciation i have for the curator(s) of this site.
  24. 820721
    ZZan3 : Sat 9th Aug 2014 : 2 years ago Very smart. Very clever. Giving people opportunity and encouragement.

Nice.
  25. 1200004
    DoctorDrew : Tue 7th Oct 2014 : 2 years ago It seems like a good equation ;) lol
Posts 1 - 25 of 27

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Country Track