How Do I Mix My Voice In Magix Music Maker

Posts 1 - 13 of 13
  1. 264612
    kariman : Fri 29th Oct 2010 : 3 years ago how do i mix my voic?i use MAGIX MUSIC MAKER
    any 1 tell me plz
    thank u
  2. 438673
    DJSchmeeJ : Fri 29th Oct 2010 : 3 years ago I'm not sure what you are asking for here, but it all starts with a good recording with a good microphone. Watch your levels during recording cause you can't fix that in "post". Most programs allow you to normalize audio, this may help keep everything level.
    As far as mixing goes theres not really a golden rule other than lead vocals go center channel as do rythym (bass/drums) unless you are attemping to create a certain effect. If you want to do a "call back" type of thing, you'll need to record 2 different parts (don't have to but it helps) and run one on left pan maybe at 10-11 o"clock and the other on right pan 1 to 2 o'clock.
    Usually there's not a lot of effects on vocals in most music, other than reverb or pitch correction... and AUTO TUNE/VOCODER.... but for the love of _____(insert religious figure of choice here) if you aren't using this already DON'T! It's too overdone in my oppinion and too many people use it to cover up that fact that maybe they know they aren't the best vocal artist! If I here another up and down over done autotune vocal I'm gonna stick a hot poker in my own ears!
    The biggest thing is...here it comes...PRACTICE! Go into your bathroom (it's a nice "live" room) and sing accapella... and listen to yourself. Don't try to be Mariah Carey, she's got the market on that already! Be yourself and go where your music takes you... not where someone else has already been. Good luck with it and post here for reviews of your stuff to get free feedback!
  3. 630386
    MrFunktastic : Fri 29th Oct 2010 : 3 years ago Haven't used that product in very long time. But the best results come when you do a live vocal performance to your recorded music.

You'll need to set up a record track in your grid arranger and emable recording. The recording syncs and records as soon as you hit play and start the music. If you have you vocals done then it will be tricky somewhat. You'll need to beatmap you vocals and lay them or arrange it into the music.

Headphones gives you the best accuracy and timing. There more to it than that. But you could try searching the database on this site, Magix site or continue wait for further help.
  4. 264612
    kariman : Fri 29th Oct 2010 : 3 years ago I dont wnt my voice to apear as if it's on a different layer than the music. I want it to be sort of blended with the music and recorded along with the music at the same time and the same track
  5. 264612
    kariman : Fri 29th Oct 2010 : 3 years ago I dont wnt my voice to apear as if it's on a different layer than the music. I want it to be sort of blended with the music and recorded along with the music at the same time and the same track
  6. 480356
    Unknown User : Fri 29th Oct 2010 : 3 years ago pull up the effects rack on the vocal track...firstly the graphic eq, hit the small reset button so it is flat, then try taking away any undesireable frequencies, and then raise any as needed (dont over do it) Then reverb, without using no presets turn the mix knob from 7 clock to between 9 -12 oclock, see if it gives some space, you can then play with some presets for desired effects. Trick with reverb is if you can notice it, probably too much, so find that happy medium ( i usually find between 9-12 oclock on the dial) should notice a difference already, if more, try the filter, adjusting frequency and resonance as needed. Wouldnt recommend compression yet, maybe slightly to make vox stand out in the mix, but just for bedtrack, can get complicated, so hope this helps if any. Most likely what you asked, just the eq and reverb should help it blend into the mix. And remember to let your ears be the guide, take care
  7. 630386
    MrFunktastic : Fri 29th Oct 2010 : 3 years ago @kariman

Exactly! This is called mastering. In the producing of songs even in Magix you must assign your vocals to a channel, apply a compressor which is recomended and a slight bass cut in the EQ on that bus. The final mastered rendered output will be as you said. "blended with the music and recorded along with the music at the same time and the same track" Not 2 separate layers.

I don't have it anymore so for me to walk you through the steps would be rather difficult. The last version I used was 10 and I got rid of it. It's not a bad program It's just I am using something more powerful now.

But esstial you must mix vour voice on an assigned channel, master it as I spoken earlier, then render it to the way I quoted you as requesting. If I had a copy in front of me I might be able to walk you through it.

So I'll say:

Are there any current Magix producers out there?
  8. 480356
    Unknown User : Fri 29th Oct 2010 : 3 years ago are we talking 'mixing' or 'mastering' here?

eventually it gets compressed, not so simple yet, i'd worry about making the vocals blend first
  9. 630386
    MrFunktastic : Fri 29th Oct 2010 : 3 years ago Actually we are talking about Magix Music Maker and the easiest way of getting her vocals on it in the least painless way. I don't wish to add another curve. If you know Magix then offer help.
  10. 402776
    PatternsOfPerfection : Sat 30th Oct 2010 : 3 years ago Record your voice, and depending on your tone, compression may help. Then i suggest copying the whole section of your voice recording, and pasting it into a new channel. Also, zoom in very close and move the newly pasted section a little to the right, in front of the old part. Then turn the newly pasted one down with the mixer and add an fx, dont know which one because it all depends on the background music. Ive been recording in motels lately, and this helps eliminate the background hiss or excess noise. Hope this was of use to you. -Peace
  11. 480356
    Unknown User : Sat 30th Oct 2010 : 3 years ago gee my bad, perhaps i'm a little confused if the vocals are already on the arrangement and in need to be blended with another track or if she needs to get them on the arranger. if so tasks- import/record- with a microphone, blah blah. lets you record while the arrangement plays...many books available
  12. 630386
    MrFunktastic : Sat 30th Oct 2010 : 3 years ago @erratical

aaah yes! now you got it. There a learning curve and she thought maybe someone here could walk her through it. But the answer may be exactly where you suggested. I used to use it but that was some years ago
  13. 264612
    kariman : Thu 11th Nov 2010 : 3 years ago i do that. but still my voic bright than music :(
Posts 1 - 13 of 13

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Electronic Track